Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
12-05-2011, 19:35
|
#76
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Kane
It's lovely that someone is actually taking notice, but come June 1st, we'll back at square one again. The initial tickets that were raised corrected that particular months listings, but the same problems occur each time new content is uploaded. The fixes need to be put into place before the content is uploaded to make sure they go into folders and not just floating around in the background hiding.
|
If anyone can get a permanant fix, then essjay would be the one.
P.S. We do care you know
|
|
|
12-05-2011, 20:09
|
#77
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2011
Services: VM XL TV with V+HD, VM XL BB, VM M Telephone
Posts: 9
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic
P.S. We do care you know 
|
Difficult to know sometimes
|
|
|
12-05-2011, 21:23
|
#78
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 49
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
I've been a loyal customer to Virgin after switching from Sky but over the last three weeks I'm becoming increasingly frustrated.
To raise issues on a Community Forum to have investigations undertaken is ridiculous. I have next to nothing on Demand with "sorry, there aren't any programmes of this type right now" - I also recently posted on the BBC I-player forum to no avail.
WTF Virgin!!!!
|
|
|
13-05-2011, 07:23
|
#79
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Services: VM TV XL with V+ HD, VM Phone M, VM BB M
Posts: 86
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by weemac
I thought I would have a look and see if I had these shows, I have Two and a half men season 6 but not any of the other two
|
I think these may have been from a few months back Weemac. These shows were eventually sorted out.  Does the Vampire Diaries show in your WB folder, or your A-Z?
---------- Post added at 08:19 ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic
If anyone can get a permanant fix, then essjay would be the one.
P.S. We do care you know 
|
You seem to be in the minority DF. Most VM Staff who have been involved have obviously found the problem too taxing and have instead focused their attention on people who need replacement remotes.  No one yet has stuck with us and seen it through to the resolution- I hope Essjay can help.
---------- Post added at 08:23 ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 ----------
[QUOTE=Another_Account;35235168]
To raise issues on a Community Forum to have investigations undertaken is ridiculous. [QUOTE]
The staff on the forums are infinitely more helpful though, if you call for help you will be told to reset your box and they will send an engineer out!
|
|
|
13-05-2011, 07:58
|
#80
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Essjay is on the case. The fault ref is 1603419. Should be fixed later today.
---------- Post added at 08:38 ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another_Account
I've been a loyal customer to Virgin after switching from Sky but over the last three weeks I'm becoming increasingly frustrated.
To raise issues on a Community Forum to have investigations undertaken is ridiculous. I have next to nothing on Demand with "sorry, there aren't any programmes of this type right now" - I also recently posted on the BBC I-player forum to no avail.
WTF Virgin!!!!
|
What area are you in?
---------- Post added at 08:58 ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartMart
Difficult to know sometimes 
|
When I say "We", I mean the VM Staff on here.
|
|
|
13-05-2011, 08:47
|
#81
|
|
cf.member
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 45
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
The same thing "Sorry, there aren't any programmes of this type right now" is happening in Teesside.
I see the following on status page
Quote:
You will currently be experiencing a limited number of programmes to view on your Video On Demand services. Our engineers are aware of this issue and are currently working to fix it fast. We apologise for any inconvenience this may be causing.
- Date Issue raised: April 27 2011, 17:12
- Estimated repair time: May 13 2011, 09:00
- Fault reference: F001588834
|
But the thing is it only started happening yesterday so seems they've broken mine while trying to fix everyone elses :p
|
|
|
13-05-2011, 09:03
|
#82
|
|
cf.addict
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 211
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
^ Can you provide me with the path you took to get that message. e.g TV choice on demand > TV choice Xl etc etc etc and will take a look
|
|
|
13-05-2011, 09:34
|
#83
|
|
cf.member
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 45
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
|
|
|
13-05-2011, 09:41
|
#84
|
|
cf.addict
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 211
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep
|
I mean on your set top
|
|
|
13-05-2011, 09:44
|
#85
|
|
cf.member
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 45
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Ah sorry,
it happened when trying to goto warner tv
TV Choice -> XL -> By Channel -> Warner TV (doing it form memory).
and Music Choice by Artist A-Z some letters are missing, and many songs / artists have been cut off.
|
|
|
13-05-2011, 12:12
|
#86
|
|
cf.addict
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 211
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Warner TV should now be available in Portsmouth and Teeside
|
|
|
13-05-2011, 15:03
|
#87
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2011
Services: VM XL TV with V+HD, VM XL BB, VM M Telephone
Posts: 9
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic
When I say "We", I mean the VM Staff on here. 
|
I know you are DF
|
|
|
13-05-2011, 15:08
|
#88
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Glasgow
Age: 73
Services: XL Tv
2 x V6
1 TB TiVo
200 Broadband
XL phone
Posts: 156
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
OD and catch up all fine on my V+
|
|
|
13-05-2011, 15:10
|
#89
|
|
Still alive and fighting
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 56,742
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Virgin need to up their game in their video on demand because there are serious rivals emerging and if they do not up their game someone else will come along to take their place.
|
|
|
13-05-2011, 15:57
|
#90
|
|
Smeghead
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Glasgow
Age: 45
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 14,778
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone
Virgin need to up their game in their video on demand because there are serious rivals emerging and if they do not up their game someone else will come along to take their place.
|
Who for example? No one comes close to VMs VOD service.
__________________
AMD Ryzen 7 7700 | 32GB DDR5 6000 | RADEON 7900XT | WD 2TB NVME
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:34.
|