Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | rugby talk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

rugby talk

Old 26-02-2005, 18:12   #76
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: rugby talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Russ is that suprised by the outcome he can't even type properly The way Wales are playing and the way the other nations are playing it is quite likely that Wales can and probably will take the 6 nations without loss.
In which case I'd better warn you in advance.

You remember the way you lot just wouldn't shut up for weeks when England won the world cup??
Let's face it Russ, you hardly shut up even when Wales do badly If they win they will have deserved it, the way England are playing they should be ashamed to pull on the jersey
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-02-2005, 18:15   #77
Chimaera
cf.mega poster

Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star
Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Let's face it Russ, you hardly shut up even when Wales do badly If they win they will have deserved it, the way England are playing they should be ashamed to pull on the jersey
Don't worry Russ - I'll make Paul's life hell later (well more than usual). Wonder if he likes ground glass in his cheese sandwiches?
Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2005, 18:20   #78
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

The positions so far.....

1 Wales
2 Ireland
3 France
4 Scotland
5 England
6 Italy

And as far as I'm concerned it can stay just like that!

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2005, 18:26   #79
Paul K
Inactive

Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

1 Wales
2 Ireland
3 France
4 Scotland
5 England
6 Italy

Unless something special happens tomorrow it probably will If England actually go back to basics and start playing rugby again we might be able to grab 6 points and get away the bottom of the table.
Wales have Scotland and Ireland to go, not being nasty but that should be at least 3 points in the bag although Scotland have been playing well but don't seem to have the final killer punch and Ireland could stretch Wales. Whatever happens March 19th is a date for the diary
Old 26-02-2005, 18:29   #80
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I can't see Scotland causing too many problems although the Irish could be tricky.

Ahh who cares, as long as we've beaten England

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 26-02-2005, 18:35   #81
Paul K
Inactive

Quote:
I can't see Scotland causing too many problems although the Irish could be tricky.

Ahh who cares, as long as we've beaten England
Many have and before March the 19th many more probably will lol Ireland will most likely be the only stumbling block and if Wales concentrate on the task in hand they should get through it. Ireland V France is going to be an interesting game on the 12th
Old 26-02-2005, 19:11   #82
Earl of Bronze

Quote:

1 Wales
2 Ireland
3 France
4 Scotland
5 England
6 Italy

LOL, not a chance Russ come tomorrow and Ireland thrash England, then Ireland will once again be in the number one spot.

Saying that I was miffed with France today. Useless gits couldnt do the needful and beat Wales. Ahhhh well, I suppose Ireland will just have to do it the usuall way and just beat France and Wales.
Old 26-02-2005, 19:39   #83
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Makes a change from having an arrogant England supporter

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 27-02-2005, 01:57   #84
carlingman
Inactive

carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal
carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl of Bronze
LOL, not a chance Russ come tomorrow and Ireland thrash England, then Ireland will once again be in the number one spot.

Saying that I was miffed with France today. Useless gits couldnt do the needful and beat Wales. Ahhhh well, I suppose Ireland will just have to do it the usuall way and just beat France and Wales.
Whilst I would love to see Ireland woop England I think England will be our trump card in this.

I think England will be beaten up over losing to us Welshies and the French and they will be well fired up for the Irish game and beat them clearing the way for us Welsh to have a chance of cleaning up.

I hope Ireland win tomorrow and we can beat the Scots in a fortnights time leaving Ireland to beat France and then setting the scene for a nice showdown for the climax in Cardiff the week after.

carlingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 07:01   #85
Gogogo

I would have preferred a French victory over Wales yesterday, certainly the Welsh only just won the final segment was very exciting.

Watch out for upcoming talent for England both the U21 and U19 teams are doing very well both thrashed the Ireland U21 & U19 teams yesterday, so clearly the future holds great prospects.

It is possible we are looking at a possible English victory over Ireland today, could be close though.

Old 27-02-2005, 15:35   #86
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Hmm, had an interesting question put to me today, ahead of the England/Ireland game.

If England win then that'll go a long way to helping Wales take the 5 nations. However if Ireland win, England face the wooden spoon. A Welsh triumph would be forgotten about after a few months. But England coming last....now the press (and us taffies!) would savour that for a LONG LONG time.

So as a true Welshman, what would I rather see? Wales win the 6 Nations or England win the wooden spoon?

Believe me when I say that's a VERY touch decision to make!

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 27-02-2005, 15:55   #87
Chimaera
cf.mega poster

Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star

No - I think the press would bury the story if England got the wooden spoon! Might be different in Wales though.
I'd go for Wales winning the 6 Nations Russ - the other option makes you seem a little bitter and twisted! (And I know you aren't.)
Old 27-02-2005, 15:58   #88
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Don't be so sure - it's in the heart of every Welshman to enjoy watching the Saesneg lose

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 27-02-2005, 15:58   #89
Chimaera
cf.mega poster

So where does that leave me - half Welsh, half English?
Old 27-02-2005, 15:59   #90
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Well seeing as you're not a Welshman I think that should be obvious

Vote #AnyoneButTory