Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Will Scotland Leave the UK?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Old 19-03-2014, 22:36   #871
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Services: VM
Jimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friends
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Of course they want to stay in the union as its better!

Jimi you are totally dilusional if you believe the nonsense about an independant Scotland being Ultra wealthy. 100% spin from the SNP.

Its people that think like you that are dangerous. Wanting independance just because they don't like the Tories. Its not them that will be in charge of the UK all the time and in the past haven't been.

Also the points in that little pic you posted aren't correct either. There would still be food banks as there will always be poor folk around no matter what. No country will have 100% wealth. There will not for a start be jobs for every single person that pay enough to live off.

Child poverty and ATOS will not just vanish either. There would also still be social problems and low paid work. Honestly big Alex has you totally fooled and brainwashed.
I and many others would rather live in a country where WE make the decisions,yes we know it won't be easy,that's obvious,but what if the rolls were reversed,eh!
What if it was us telling the rest of the U.K. what they can and cannot do,do YOU really think that they'd be happy,of course not,so this is the point I'm trying tae make,let US stand or fall by our decisions,not anyone else's
As for Labour,they sold their souls years ago,hence the reason they got stuffed by the SNP last time around,the Tories have one MP,one for the whole of Scotland,they are an non starter up here.

---------- Post added at 22:36 ---------- Previous post was at 21:44 ----------

Btw Stephen,there are 15 universities in Scotland,14 have had a poll asking who they'd vote for come September 18,12 of them overwhelmingly said they'd vote YES,two,both in Aberdeen said they'd vote no.
If your in any doubt about those findings,simple,phone any of them.
Jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-03-2014, 23:01   #872
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Where is your proof of these polls, as everything I see reported indicates a bigger swing for No from most universities and schools.

So you'd rather a fat gimp and his party tell us what to do, when they don't actually have a clue.

I am not being told what to do by anyone. I am happy with things. Scotland still gets plenty of say as we already have our own parliment and have a lot of our own laws, many of which are plain daft. Illegal to drink on the train after 9pm. No buying alcohol in shops after 10pm. Scottish laws that were passed to tell us what to do! There are of course many more.

I think people forget that Scotland does have powers to change things and do what they want with somethings. Holyrood comes up with silly ideas. I'd rather stick with the UKand thats that.

Its still over 50% in favour of No and less than 30% for Yes amd I honestly don't see that changing much at all.
Old 20-03-2014, 00:17   #873
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Jimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friends

You really think so,methinks you are being brainwashed somehow.

Referendum on knife edge as Yes closes gap to five points
THURSDAY, 20 MARCH 2014 00:01 1 COMMENTS
* By Martin Kelly
The independence referendum has been blown wide open with a new poll showing support for Yes now just five points behind that of No.
The poll, conducted by Panelbase, has revealed that support for independence is now sitting at 40%, its highest mark since campaigning began in earnest, with those against sitting at 45% and*Undecided on 15%.

The latest survey, which was commissioned by Newsnet Scotland, surveyed 1036 people between 7-14 March.*

The survey asked - "There will be a referendum on an independent Scotland on the 18th of September.* How do you intend to vote in response to the question: Should Scotland be an independent country?"

The findings mean Yes is up three points since the last Panelbase survey, with No down two.* The number of Don't Knows was also down one point.* The swing to Yes means the No campaign's lead has halved compared with the previous Panelbase survey in February.

When Don't Knows are stripped out, Yes is*on 47% with No on 53%, meaning Yes needs a swing of around three points in order to overtake its rival.

Commenting on the poll findings, Yes Scotland Chief Executive Blair Jenkins said:

"This is an extremely encouraging poll - putting Yes support at its highest level and No at its lowest since last summer.* Excluding 'don't knows', Yes support has now reached 47 per cent to 53 per cent for No - meaning that a swing of only some 3 per cent is needed to put Yes ahead in September, which*we are confident of achieving.* It continues the trend we have seen this year of a steady and significant narrowing of the gap."

The latest survey will be a blow to the No campaign, and follows several weeks of sustained attack with claims that businesses would flee an independent Scotland.* It will also call into question the wisdom of UK Chancellor George Osborne’s visit to Scotland and threats over currency.

Mr Jenkins added: "The scaremongering of the No campaign is backfiring, because people understand that as the 14th wealthiest country in the international league table - compared to the UK's 18th place - Scotland has got what it takes to be an independent country.

"Scotland can, should and must vote Yes - so that we gain the powers needed to build a fair society and prosperous economy, where the wealth of Scotland works for all the people."

The survey showed that Yes is up in every demographic except those aged 55 and over.

Other key areas of interest include:

Among 35-54 year olds, Yes gained 12% (from 36% to 48%) – Yes took 1% from No and 11% from Undecideds.
Among Labour voters, Yes gained 9% (from 17% to 26%) – Yes took 3% from No and 6% from Undecideds.
Commenting on this latest poll from Panelbase, its MD Ivor Knox said: "It's unusual for us to report a Yes lead among both 18-34 and 35-54 age groups and it is also notable that this is the first poll we have conducted showing support for independence rising above a quarter of people who voted for Labour in 2011."
Old 20-03-2014, 04:31   #874
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Brainwashed?? Hahaha that's funny.

I'd prefer a link to the actual story rather than you posting the full article so that I can visit and read for myself.

Especially as that sounds very much like a story for a yes focused site!
Old 20-03-2014, 08:53   #875
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Hmm.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politic...rade-1-3347082
Old 20-03-2014, 09:18   #876
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Obviously more blatant bullying from Westminster.

Everyone know North Sea oil is magical, will never fluctuate in value and will forevermore plug any gaps in the budget of an independent Scotland.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2014, 10:39   #877
Mr Pharmacist
Inactive

Services: Everything.
Mr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of society

Newsnet Scotland might as well be called SNP/Yes Scotland and is a less rabid version of Bella Caledonia. Make your own mind up from the one sided topics in its "News" stories http://newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-news
Mr Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2014, 10:51   #878
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Strange how Panelbase is only showing Q3 of the poll on their site...

http://www.panelbase.com/media/polls...otlandPoll.pdf

I wonder if it is because questions 1 & 2 are the same as their previous poll, which appear to lead the respondents in a specific direction?

http://www.panelbase.com/media/polls...bles020903.pdf

Quote:
Q1. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: "Scotland could be a successful, independent country?

Q2. Who do you trust to take the best decisions for Scotland: the Scottish Government or the Westminster Government?
On a slightly amusing note, i don't think Jimi noticed that in the surveys above, the Yes vote has dropped from 44% in September 2013 to 40% in March 2014....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2014, 10:59   #879
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

I'm hearing rumours that the SNP are pledging that, if Scotland becomes independent, the national football and rugby union teams will become world beaters...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2014, 11:16   #880
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Brainwashed?? Hahaha that's funny.

I'd prefer a link to the actual story rather than you posting the full article so that I can visit and read for myself.

Especially as that sounds very much like a story for a yes focused site!
Oops,sorry Thomas,I mean Stephen.

http://www.newsnetscotland.com/

---------- Post added at 11:14 ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pharmacist View Post
Newsnet Scotland might as well be called SNP/Yes Scotland and is a less rabid version of Bella Caledonia. Make your own mind up from the one sided topics in its "News" stories http://newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-news
You are quite right,let's not have a nasty Scottish website printing facts when you can look at the EBC (English Broadcasting Co) and read all the pro English rags which print ( in your eyes) the truth.
Can't have any upstarts from north of the border trying tae tell it as it is eh!

---------- Post added at 11:16 ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I'm hearing rumours that the SNP are pledging that, if Scotland becomes independent, the national football and rugby union teams will become world beaters...
Och,we won the World Cup in 1967 at Wembuleeeee,3-2 going on 23-2.
Old 20-03-2014, 11:19   #881
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

I'm also hearing that Sean Connery and all those other famous non-resident Scottish patriots will be moving back to the land of their birth so they can pay their dues and enjoy the weather...
Old 20-03-2014, 11:40   #882
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I'm also hearing that Sean Connery and all those other famous non-resident Scottish patriots will be moving back to the land of their birth so they can pay their dues and enjoy the weather...
Well if anyone knows the benefits of leaving the UK it's Connery.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2014, 11:41   #883
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi View Post
Oops,sorry Thomas,I mean Stephen.

http://www.newsnetscotland.com/

---------- Post added at 11:14 ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 ----------

You are quite right,let's not have a nasty Scottish website printing facts when you can look at the EBC (English Broadcasting Co) and read all the pro English rags which print ( in your eyes) the truth.
Can't have any upstarts from north of the border trying tae tell it as it is eh!

---------- Post added at 11:16 ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 ----------

Och,we won the World Cup in 1967 at Wembuleeeee,3-2 going on 23-2.
Or as everyone else called it, the qualifying stages of the European Championship.... .

And I believe the final results of that group were that Scotland finished the group on eight points, one behind group winners England (who went through to the semi-finals, unlike Scotland, and finished in third place).....

Nice spin, though........
Old 20-03-2014, 12:10   #884
Osem
Inactive

Lies and spin is all some people have Hugh. It makes them happy when the evidence doesn't stack up in their favour...
Old 20-03-2014, 12:16   #885
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Eddie Izzard speaks out...
Quote:
COMEDIAN Eddie Izzard is to head a campaign aimed at providing a platform for people in England, Wales and Northern Ireland who do not want Scotland to vote to leave the UK.

The Please Don’t Go campaign will be launched with a one-off gig hosted by Izzard in Edinburgh on April 4.

He said: “I won’t have a vote in the Scottish referendum. What I do have is a view and a voice.

“I totally respect that this will be a decision for the Scottish people but I admire Scotland far too much to not say anything about how I feel.”

He added: “I think most people across the UK would feel a deep sense of loss if Scotland left. Opinion polls in Scotland and elsewhere in the UK show a majority of people want the UK to stay together.
Does making people laugh count as bullying?