Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]
View Poll Results: Will you be opting out of the Virgin Ad Deal?
Yes, Definitely. 958 95.51%
No, I am quite happy to share my surfing habits with anyone. 45 4.49%
Voters: 1003. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 17:56   #8716
Wildie
Inactive

Wildie will become famous soon enoughWildie will become famous soon enoughWildie will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

So the ICO doing what they said they was going to do but still wont take action over the two other trials, oi they intercepted my childrens web surfing and profiled them in 2007.
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2008, 18:30   #8717
BadPhormula
cf.addict

BadPhormula will become famous soon enoughBadPhormula will become famous soon enoughBadPhormula will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Upon investigation this morning it would seem one person from the same organisation, not saying its Phorm or associated agencies, have come here to just spoil the poll. These votes have been tracked and have now been erased.

With the following now happening - I have now decided it best to close the poll, so thank you for your votes but the poll is now closed.

From day one of the poll - It said 95% voted Yes. It's been consistent throughout. The outcome of this and number of votes is nothing near what I expected. But the overall result is clear:-

Virgin Media Broadband Customers don't want Phorm.

Mick can you remove the last 3 votes from the poll record as these are bogus votes.

regards
Old 12-06-2008, 18:31   #8718
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

Who did all the original anti Phorm images for people to add to their sigs? If you are interested in designing some web buttons/banners for the protest event please get in touch.

I would like to try and start getting banners and buttons distributed in the next couple of days if possible. Sorry I was quiet yesterday I had an academic emergency to try and sort out.

Alexander Hanff
Old 12-06-2008, 18:36   #8719
Privacy_Matters
Inactive

Privacy_Matters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff View Post
Who did all the original anti Phorm images for people to add to their sigs? If you are interested in designing some web buttons/banners for the protest event please get in touch.

I would like to try and start getting banners and buttons distributed in the next couple of days if possible. Sorry I was quiet yesterday I had an academic emergency to try and sort out.

Alexander Hanff
They were done by a user who I've not seen for a while Alex.

If you PM me the sizes, and wording - I'll get some drawn up for you (I have the original templates). If you need animation, state your prefered filetype, and same with images.
Old 12-06-2008, 18:43   #8720
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privacy_Matters View Post
They were done by a user who I've not seen for a while Alex.

If you PM me the sizes, and wording - I'll get some drawn up for you (I have the original templates). If you need animation, state your prefered filetype, and same with images.
Done and thanks for the offer to help.

Alexander Hanff
Old 12-06-2008, 19:15   #8721
Bonglet
cf.addict

Bonglet has a spectacular aura about themBonglet has a spectacular aura about themBonglet has a spectacular aura about themBonglet has a spectacular aura about them

Just saw this video posted about online games talked about getting targeted over in the us and if it gets adopted there you know there going to try the same garbage elsewhere.

Interesting to watch while we wait for more illegal trials to *cough* start and wonder what rights individuals will have left soon if this carries on (The Great Net switchoff?).

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/bl..._surveill.html

Im off for a bit now i need to do some wow terroism on the alliance or may get some terror training on counterstrike .
Old 12-06-2008, 19:22   #8722
Privacy_Matters
Inactive

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/6...1simplexi6.gif

Alex, first banner for you to get started with, its simple as I'm busy until 10pm, will have more time later. Will do one or two more simple ones today. Please PM me with prefered text.

Specs are: 468 (W) 60 (H)
Old 12-06-2008, 19:24   #8723
Dephormation
Inactive

Services: Aquiss.net and loving it. No more Virgin Media, no more Virgin Phone, no more Virgin Mobile.
Dephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to all

Wonder what it would cost to get that in a newspaper?

As if you could click on a newspaper. sorry.

But you know what I mean.
Old 12-06-2008, 19:26   #8724
mark777
Inactive

Services: 0.4 Mbps BB + Phone
mark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dephormation View Post
The link won't work.

Seriously, I think people have looked at newspaper advertising and the costs were horrific.
Old 12-06-2008, 19:27   #8725
Privacy_Matters
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dephormation View Post

As if you could click on a newspaper. sorry.

But you know what I mean.

lol beat me to it :p nice edit

I will do an UNCLICKABLE version for Newspapers, just PM me the wording Pete.
Old 12-06-2008, 19:27   #8726
Dephormation
Inactive

Services: Aquiss.net and loving it. No more Virgin Media, no more Virgin Phone, no more Virgin Mobile.
Dephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to all

Old 12-06-2008, 19:32   #8727
Privacy_Matters
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark777 View Post
The link won't work.

Seriously, I think people have looked at newspaper advertising and the costs were horrific.
Hows about approaching a newspaper that is sympathetic to our cause?

Also, when folk post their FREE ads in the FOR SELL section of their local paper, do you think they could get away with a small image as such?

eBay? A nice banner strategically placed beside the item for sell?
Old 12-06-2008, 19:38   #8728
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

One of the reasons I am trying to get corporate sponsorship is to put an ad in one of the big dailies.

Privacy_Matters than banner looks good. For the animated ones can you put some stuff about it being BT's AGM and Official Protest type stuff?

Maybe a quote or two from Berners-Lee, Mr Bohm and Dr Clayton too?

Alexander Hanff
Old 12-06-2008, 19:39   #8729
OldBear
Inactive

OldBear is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff View Post
<snip>Sorry I was quiet yesterday I had an academic emergency to try and sort out.
Somebody gave you a B for an assignment, was it Alex?

Serious note: it would be great to ask David Davis for his thoughts. I hope you do manage to get a hold of him.

OB
Old 12-06-2008, 19:41   #8730
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBear View Post
Somebody gave you a B for an assignment, was it Alex?

Serious note: it would be great to ask David Davis for his thoughts. I hope you do manage to get a hold of him.

OB
Actually no, much more shocking than that, but I don't really want to go into it.

Alexander Hanff
Closed Thread