Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BoxNation on Virgin Media?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Old 13-09-2012, 17:44   #856
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

chavez jnr v martinez documentary is on a boxing special tommorow at friday night 12am on 5 usa!
thatllbeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-09-2012, 23:59   #857
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Pacquiao v. Marquez IV was confirmed earlier today. Taking place on the 8th of December. Not really a fight I'm excitied about. Marquez will just get robbed yet again.

Primetime will no doubt be favourites to land the fight however Boxnation might have a chance if the sales of Chavez Jr. against Martinez are weak.

Boxnation related news:

* Paul Butler will fight John Donnelly on the 9th November in Liverpool on BoxNation & Frankie Gavin fight TBA in the next few days!

* Britain’s number one boxing promoter Frank Warren Promotions, have agreed a partnership deal with Britain’s highest selling and most read weekly men’s magazine, Nuts for the 2012-13 season. Part of the deal will see Nuts providing the ringcard girls for all Frank Warren Promotions and Queensberry Promotions events.

The deal will also include unprecedented coverage of Frank Warren’s and Queensberry’s roster of championship boxers and events. With the aim being to help raise the profile of the sport and give mainstream sports fans real insight into the stars of British boxing.

Nuts will be granted exclusive access, to give their readers the closest and most up to date boxing news, features and competitions from the UK’s best stable of fighters and from TV’s home of boxing BoxNation.

---------- Post added at 22:47 ---------- Previous post was at 22:32 ----------

This is a good watch if you're a fan of the channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcSbB7s3_T0

BoxNation held a press conference earlier today to celebrate their first anniversary. Plenty of interesting information about the channel etc...

---------- Post added at 22:49 ---------- Previous post was at 22:47 ----------

Even more info!!!

Noticed that the British Boxing Board of Control confirmed the following earlier today:

"JUNIOR WITTER (Holder) v FRANKIE GAVIN

Following the opening of purse bids on Wednesday, 12th September 2012 at the Board's Head Office, the winning bid was submitted by Promoter Frank Warren. The above contest will take place on a date and at a venue as yet to be advised."

---------- Post added at 23:59 ---------- Previous post was at 22:49 ----------

Some really interesting and positive quotes from the press conference and Frank Warren afterwards:

Simon Green CEO in reference to the channels growth:

"The fastest growing subscription channel that this country has ever seen."

Frank Warren on the channels current subscription levels:

"The subscription levels we are at now are what we where forecasting to get by next March."

Frank Warren on the next 12 months:

"Some of the signings we are going to be announcing in the next month or so, will be great for the channel"

I wonder what the new signings could be? Wonder if it's another promoter i.e. 50 Cent (TMT Promotions) It could of course just be confirmation of more fights between now and the end of the year. I was reading that Frank Warren is planning a bumper Christmas show on BoxNation featuring title fights at British and World level!
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 09:00   #858
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Not sure what any of this has to do with the thread . Hi I never go off road do I !

Still well done for keeping your pet channel out front & in peoples faces
Old 14-09-2012, 09:11   #859
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

I'm not into boxing really, but this is an excellent thread which has produced debate about things such as sporting TV rights etc by virtue of the fact that its been allowed to stray off topic from time to time. I think the mods on here can be too quick to clamp down on apparently off topic posts. This thread serves as a gentle reminder that they shouldn't be.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 09:36   #860
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
I'm not into boxing really, but this is an excellent thread which has produced debate about things such as sporting TV rights etc by virtue of the fact that its been allowed to stray off topic from time to time. I think the mods on here can be too quick to clamp down on apparently off topic posts. This thread serves as a gentle reminder that they shouldn't be.
I so agree about the mods. Do away with them I say
Old 14-09-2012, 13:03   #861
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Not sure what any of this has to do with the thread . Hi I never go off road do I !

Still well done for keeping your pet channel out front & in peoples faces
I’ll take that as a backwards compliment

Boxnation should be paying me commission.

Maybe the question mark should be dropped from the name of the thread to make it more relevant? Or maybe the thread should be moved to the sports section?
Old 14-09-2012, 21:09   #862
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough

the show next friday 21st is on boxnation involving liam smith!
Old 15-09-2012, 15:56   #863
Chad
cf.mega poster

Boxnation are showing 3 countdown shows this week in the build up to Burns Vs. Mitchell. They air on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Not 100% of the broadcast times yet but all 3 should be unmissable!
Old 15-09-2012, 20:37   #864
Chad
cf.mega poster

Free boxing online just now:

http://www.primetimelive.co.uk/sportstonight/

It's an official broadcast and great stream quality.
Old 18-09-2012, 17:34   #865
thatllbeme
Inactive

the show on friday was announced on bunce hour last night but now isnt on tv!

and also eubank jr is fighting saturday night in denmark but will on channel 5 tuesdaynight 12.35am
Old 18-09-2012, 18:11   #866
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatllbeme View Post
the show on friday was announced on bunce hour last night but now isnt on tv!

and also eubank jr is fighting saturday night in denmark but will on channel 5 tuesdaynight 12.35am
Any reason given by BoxNation? Has the show been cancelled or just the TV coverage? Maybe they have decided to put more time into pushing Mitchell and Burns this Friday, on the eve of the broadcast, to land more subscribers. I'd imagine a Bunce special this Friday along with weigh-in footage and final day interviews from both fighters and their camps to build up the fight. As a Burns fan I think I'd prefer to see this than the Debra charity event this Friday.

Good to see Channel 5 sticking with boxing however it's such a strange time to show the fight.
Old 18-09-2012, 21:06   #867
thatllbeme
Inactive

no reason given
Old 20-09-2012, 22:26   #868
Chad
cf.mega poster

Wow somewhat of a major coup for Mick Hennessy today. James DeGale has left Frank Warren and has signed a long term deal with Hennessy Sports.

Channel 5 viewers will get to see DeGale live in action on the 13th October against an unnamed opponent as of yet.

Got to admit, Hennessy has been growing a decent stable since he lost Carl Froch and John Murray.
Old 27-09-2012, 19:11   #869
thatllbeme
Inactive

so you do you think will be announced as ricky hattons oposition tomorrow? and what undercard fights? ive got my ticket!cant wait!
Old 27-09-2012, 21:47   #870
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatllbeme View Post
so you do you think will be announced as ricky hattons oposition tomorrow? and what undercard fights? ive got my ticket!cant wait!
I would have loved to go but I'm strapped for cash big time at the moment.

There is a lot of noise for Katsidis however after Hatton was stopped by Mayweather he came back against Juan Lazcano who was 33 and past his best. I think coming back after 3 years out against Katsidis is a risk. I'd be happier to see him in with guys like Kendall Holt, Jan Zaveck or Nate Campbell. Truthfully I think he'll announce someone that catches everyone off guard.

I hope he confirms his TV deal too.