Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season
Closed Thread

Old 22-09-2005, 23:55   #841
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing
Re: The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

Oh dear. The mills* grind slow, indeed.

* No, not Danny.
Advertisement
Old 23-09-2005, 00:13   #842
yesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKing
Oh dear. The mills* grind slow, indeed.

* No, not Danny.
Would that be *Mick & family ?

Old 23-09-2005, 07:52   #843
yesman

Solskjaer suffers new injury blow

The guy is doomed

BBC Sport

Old 23-09-2005, 07:58   #844
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman
Solskjaer suffers new injury blow

The guy is doomed

BBC Sport
Poor thing

Hay any Luton or Sheff Wed fans in the house.
Old 23-09-2005, 09:46   #845
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

It'll be interesting to see if Barcelona can pull this one off. If they do then I think it'll be safe to say @rse won't be bothering United or Chelsea for a while.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 23-09-2005, 10:44   #846
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

Player seeking new contract, stories abound in the media about a move abroad. Surprise, surprise. Shame about all the players who've signed new contracts already this season (Cole, Fabregas, Reyes, Gilberto...).

I seem to remember 'van Nisteldiver to Real Madrid' a couple of years ago - what happened to that?

I'm more worried about Henry's injury, tbh. We can't rely on central defenders scoring two goals a game all season.
Old 23-09-2005, 11:01   #847
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:
But with Henry having less than two years left on his current deal, and showing no signs of wanting to sit down and start contract talk
What signs are these that he is supposed to show? Lift up his shirt after scoring a goal and have "I want a new contract" written on his t-shirt?
Old 23-09-2005, 11:04   #848
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKing
Shame about all the players who've signed new contracts already this season (Cole, Fabregas, Reyes, Gilberto...).
Why is that a shame?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 23-09-2005, 17:53   #849
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
Exclamation Re: The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
It'll be interesting to see if Barcelona can pull this one off. If they do then I think it'll be safe to say @rse won't be bothering United or Chelsea for a while.
who Wouldn’t wanna play for Barcelona ok at the end of the day it will probably
Come down to Barcelona offering him more money than the gunners can aford
To keep him there.
Old 24-09-2005, 01:14   #850
jrhnewark
cf.mega poster

jrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of society
The showdown - Swansea City v. Nottingham Forest

We're gonna thrash them, us Swansea boys. Damn that I live in Nottinghamshire!!
Old 24-09-2005, 02:58   #851
carlingman
Inactive

carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal
carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal
Re: The showdown - Swansea City v. Nottingham Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_drinks_alot
please post any thing to do with football here
But I hope they beat the jacks.

Then again this is Forest we are talking about so I guess not.

If all else fails then in in the words of the Kaiser Chiefs - I predict a riot

Old 24-09-2005, 04:13   #852
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhnewark
I see you have been dreaming again you really should lay off those pills

(oh, and merged into Football Thread )

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 24-09-2005, 09:28   #853
yesman

Steady on Phil.........

Quote:
"How many times have we had that from Arsenal? I don't need to say any more. Sometimes when you are playing these type of players, they seem to think you are not allowed to tackle them.
Arsenal a dirty side, never...

Quote:
"Arsene Wenger defends his players but there has to be honesty. Look at Arsenal's disciplinary record - the problem lies within," he said.
BBC Sport

Old 24-09-2005, 11:06   #854
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhnewark
You're in a catch 22. You're a Swan living in Notts...

- Swansea win - you're happy but the locals are peed that your side has beaten forest. You get dissed... making you peed.

- Forest win - you're peed because your side got caned by Megson's football genius ( ) all the locals are happy and take the rip because you "support a **** side" and that pees you off more...

Personally I think Trundle will pwn us. Hoult is a decent keeper but all Eaden does is hoof it, Morgan's too much of a ****head to care about his career (we used to sing "you'll never beat Wes Morgan" now everyone beats him), we don't have a fit, senior left back (Padula's injured, Curtis is a right back, Thompson has been playing there but he's not a right back- meaning we might have to recall pie-face), Breckin's good but 1/4 isn't.
Midfield is probably our best area. Southall's been good, as is Commons. In the centre if Megson has any sense he'll keep Perch and Friio in there, much as I don't rate DF it's a winning side.
Up front Lester has been a revelation since coming back from serious injury - we need to keep him in the side, and Johnson is... erm... Johnson...

Needless to say, an away trip to the side first in the league, I can only say 3-1 to Swansea or more... but my pessimism has haunted me in the past.

Old 24-09-2005, 12:16   #855
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Swansea to win 2-0
Closed Thread