Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BoxNation on Virgin Media?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Old 26-08-2012, 09:50   #826
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

The Brendan Engel and 'Bomber' Graham film was cracking too!
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-08-2012, 10:59   #827
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Oh yeah, totally forgot about that. I do enjoy when Boxnation unexpectedly drop in something from the archive.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 17:40   #828
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough

september is a big month for boxing on uk tv!

saturday 1st: sturm v geale-boxnation
golovkin v proksa-skysports(delayed 8.30am sunday 2nd)

friday 7th: conquest v tims-boxnation

saturday 8th: bellew v miranda-sky sports
alexander v bailey-boxnation
klitschko v charr-??
ward v dawson-??
adamek v walker-??

friday 14th: hoffman v kretschmann-eurosport
saunders v fletcher-boxnation

saturday 15th: hernandez v ross-boxnation
alvarez v lopez-boxnation
agyei-dua v corcoran-primetime
martinez v chavez jr-primetime

saturday 22nd: mitchell v burns-boxnation
frampton v molitor sky sports

friday 28th: alekseev v dzila-eurosport

saturday 29th: pulev v ustinov-boxnation
thatllbeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 19:05   #829
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough

sky sports have announced they will be showing ward v dawson and froch will be fighting yusaf mack!
Old 28-08-2012, 22:00   #830
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatllbeme View Post
sky sports have announced they will be showing ward v dawson and froch will be fighting yusaf mack!
Not interested in Froch Vs. Mack I know Froch is due an easy fight but this is well below what I was hoping for. Watched Mack a few times on ESPN, not impressed.

Ward Vs. Dawson on the other hand Well done to SKY. I honestly didn't think they'd pick this up.

I'm very disappointed that Martinez Vs. Chavez Jr. is on Primetime. I simply can't justify paying £15.00 for a one off show. I know it's going to be a great fight but when did either of these 2 become PPV attractions in the UK? Still, as long as people buy it Bob Arum and Primetime will charge for it

I still think we'll end up seeing Klitschko Vs. Charr on Boxnation.

Tomasz Adamek Vs. Travis Walker might be picked up by Premier Sports, seeing they have broadcast his last 2 fights. We might however see a surprise UK broadcaster for this one. Adamek has been muted as a future opponent for Tyson Fury. The fight in the States is being broadcast on WealthTV. WealthTV and Hennessey Sports agreed a broadcast deal 3 weeks ago that would see them broadcast six UK based Hennessy Sports from its "Next Generation" series, which includes Tyson Fury. I have a funny feeling Channel 5 or 5 USA might pick up Adamek Vs. Walker.
Old 29-08-2012, 23:05   #831
Chad
cf.mega poster

BoxNation announced on Facebook earlier today that Nathan Cleverly's next WBO World Light-Heavyweight opponent will be named next Monday around 11.30am - midday. Whilst both Tavoris Cloud and Beibut Shumenov are rumoured to be next, it's more likely Cleverly will face the WBO #1 contender Denis Simcic:

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?cat...uman_id=175549

Who ever is announced, we should see Cleverly back in action this November.

Another fight coming to Boxnation in November will be Marco Huck Vs. Firat Arslan. The fight was announced today by the WBO. This should be broadcast as part of the deal Boxnation have with Sauerland.
Old 30-08-2012, 23:26   #832
Chad
cf.mega poster

Well BoxNation have taken the first step towards alienating some, if not most of their current subscribers.

Tonight on what is supposed to be a dedicated boxing channel, they broadcast UWC Uncovered, a brand new MMA magazine show. They also confirmed on Facebook:

"There are longer term plans to show live MMA events, although we currently don't have any details on this.

Needless to say, this won't distract us from our main focus: bringing everyone unmissable live boxing action!"

I contacted their support team by e-mail to register my disdain:

"MMA on the channel flies in the face of what you promised for BoxNation:

"We're not going to get distracted by other sports"

"We want to put the fans first for once"

I pay £10.00 per month for a dedicated boxing channel. Whilst boxing is still your main focus, it's clearly no longer your only focus. I am concerned that you no longer understand what your customers want. I'm also concerned about the general direction the channel could be heading in.

I want to be able to tune into BoxNation, at any time of the day, knowing I'm about to watch some boxing. As soon as I start tuning into the channel expecting boxing, and it's MMA that's on instead, them I'm no longer getting the service I'm paying for. It's not just all about live boxing. It'd happily watch archive fights and documentaries all day.... that's why I pay for the channel.

Financially times are tight. People are being more careful about what they spend, and what they are spending it on. Don't give people, who have been dedicated to your channel since launch, a reason to reconsider their subscription as they'll quickly find something else to spend their £10.00 per month on."

Will wait an see what they have to say. I feel let down by them big time. Imagine if someone launched a dedicated football channel called Football Nation. Imagine the reaction if they started to introduce rugby onto the channel.
Old 01-09-2012, 15:22   #833
thatllbeme
Inactive

jesse vargas v aaron martinez is live on espn friday night fights but its on thursday 13th september!

---------- Post added at 15:22 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

rumours that hatton promotions have signed a 3 fight deal with itv with ricky the main attraction!
Old 01-09-2012, 15:36   #834
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
jesse vargas v aaron martinez is live on espn friday night fights but its on thursday 13th september!

---------- Post added at 15:22 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

rumours that hatton promotions have signed a 3 fight deal with itv with ricky the main attraction!
Whilst I'm not 100% convinced I want to see Hatton back in the ring, it would be great to see boxing back on ITV. I'm all for people who can't afford subscription fees being able to access boxing free of charge.

Frank Warren does breifly mention Ricky Hatton and ITV in his Sun artile this week:

There’s also a rumour that a possible Ricky Hatton comeback could be on ITV.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/boxing/4514889/Frank-Warren-Cleverly-Froch-and-Burns-must-shine.html#ixzz25EFhR6Gq

"There’s also a rumour that a possible Ricky Hatton comeback could be on ITV."
Old 03-09-2012, 17:52   #835
thatllbeme
Inactive

Nathan Cleverly to defend his WBO light heavyweight title against Ukraininan Vyacheslav Uzelkov on Oct 27! not the fight many where expecting!
Old 03-09-2012, 18:39   #836
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Nathan Cleverly to defend his WBO light heavyweight title against Ukraininan Vyacheslav Uzelkov on Oct 27! not the fight many where expecting!
BIG disappointment. BoxNation have been great for European and International action but their UK events have questionable. Warren used to own the UK scene 5 years ago but Matchroom are now on top.
Old 03-09-2012, 19:46   #837
thatllbeme
Inactive

matchroom are putting bigger fights on but i would say warren has a better stable but doesnt seem to want them to fight! cleverley,chisora,s sexton,enzo,mckenzie,johnson,p smith,buglioni,bj saunders,bradsaunders,selkirk,hall,omeara,cox,webb ,osullivan,dignum,baker,gavin,jennings,skeete,heff ron,l smith,s smith,groves,degale(still),burns,mitchell,murray,a ppleby,walsh,ormond,m smith,morgan,a sexton,selby

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

klitschko v charr on boxnation saturday!
Old 03-09-2012, 21:10   #838
Chad
cf.mega poster

That's great news about Klitshcko Vs. Charr. Makes this Saturday a crazy night of boxing as both SKY and BoxNation do double head events. We are seriously looking at 14 hours of boxing and will be treated to around 15 fights all in. Can't wait! The wife isn't as enthusiastic.
Old 04-09-2012, 20:56   #839
Chad
cf.mega poster

On the 15th September Goodwin Main Events will have their first show on Primetime. Virgin customers won't have access to the broadcast via their TV but can watch the broadcast here on the official stream free of charge:

http://www.sportstonightlive.com/

A preview show will be screened this Thursday at 6pm and 10pm, also at the above website.
Old 04-09-2012, 20:59   #840
thatllbeme
Inactive

cheers chad