Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Formula 1 2009 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Formula 1 2009 Season [may contain real time spoilers]
View Poll Results: Who will win the 2009 Drivers Championship?
Lewis Hamilton 15 37.50%
Heikki Kovalainen 0 0%
Felipe Massa 6 15.00%
Kimi Raikkonen 4 10.00%
Robert Kubica 4 10.00%
Nick Heidfeld 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 3 7.50%
Nelson Piquet Jr 0 0%
Jarno Trulli 0 0%
Timo Glock 0 0%
Sebastien Bourdais 0 0%
Sebastien Buemi 0 0%
Mark Webber 0 0%
Sebastian Vettel 0 0%
Nico Rosberg 1 2.50%
Kazuki Nakajima 0 0%
Adrian Sutil 1 2.50%
Giancarlo Fisichella 0 0%
Jenson Button 3 7.50%
Rubens Barrichello 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 22-09-2009, 11:31   #826
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Formula 1 2009 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pr/8260661.stm

FB now being looked at by the FA

---------- Post added at 11:31 ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Alonso & Kovalinen a red bull driver & possible another driver all need a new manager.

Alonso might get out even though he's been cleared, flying poop might stick to him.
Well there's a few new teams out there for whoever alonso displaces at another established team
Advertisement
Old 25-09-2009, 06:48   #827
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Repercussions continue. Apparently Renault will run without ING branding following the early termination of the title sponsorship contract. Mutua Madrilena have also canned their team sponsorship with immediate effect but are continuing personal sponsorship of Alonso. Source Autosport.

Cant wait to for practice to get underway and some on track action.....
Old 25-09-2009, 15:44   #828
hedgie
cf.geek

hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

According to Holly Samos on BBC 5 live Dave Richards is lining up a deal to buy the team from Renault!
Old 25-09-2009, 21:48   #829
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

This story get better day by day

Briatore ban too harsh - F1 boss

Bernie and Briatore are business partners in QPR,

Dodgy dealing 1000%

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8272812.stm

Bernie should go aswell

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Old 26-09-2009, 12:35   #830
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Is it just me or do some of the shots look like they are "tilt shift" style, they have a high speed camera low down camera on one of the corners that to me looks like its tilt shift style.
Old 26-09-2009, 16:07   #831
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Where the hell did Rosberg find that 1:46.197 in Q2 ?????

---------- Post added at 16:07 ---------- Previous post was at 15:44 ----------

Q3 gets red flagged with 0:26 on the clock after Rubens puts his car into the wall..

Finishing positions at the end of Q3 are

1 Great Britain L Hamilton McLaren
2 Germany S Vettel Red Bull
3 Germany N Rosberg Williams
4 Australia M Webber Red Bull
5 Brazil R Barrichello Brawn
6 Spain F Alonso Renault
7 Germany T Glock Toyota
8 Germany N Heidfeld BMW Sauber
9 Poland R Kubica BMW Sauber
10 Finland H Kovalainen McLaren
11 Japan K Nakajima Williams
12 Great Britain J Button Brawn
13 Finland K Raikkonen Ferrari
14 Switzerland S Buemi Toro Rosso
15 Italy J Trulli Toyota
16 Germany A Sutil Force India
17 Spain J Alguersuari Toro Rosso
18 Italy G Fisichella Ferrari
19 France R Grosjean Renault
20 Italy V Liuzzi Force India

But Barrichello will drop 5 places due to a gearbox change
Old 26-09-2009, 19:03   #832
Matty_
cf.geek

Matty_ has reached the bronze age
Matty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
But Barrichello will drop 5 places due to a gearbox change
And Jenson Button is still behind him!
Pressure not getting to him, my arse it`s not
Old 27-09-2009, 17:44   #833
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

well what a boring race. Almost no pacing at all. Almost fell asleep at one point. At least JB manged to make up a few places.
Old 27-09-2009, 21:52   #834
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty_ View Post
Do you have a hat to eat?
Old 28-09-2009, 09:33   #835
hedgie
cf.geek

Anyone else getting confused about the variable penalties dished out at races?

Mark Webber gets told to let two people by for "gaining or maintaining an advantage" when you could argue he was pushed off the track by Alonso

Nico Rosberg gets a drive though which totally screws his races for a slight error which he did his best to recover from by getting back behind the line and did not affect anyone else.

Sutil gets a fine but no subsequent race punishment for wiping out another car

Raikonnen gets nothing for driving off the circuit and gaining an advantage at Spa ?

Any thoughts?

---------- Post added at 09:33 ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty_ View Post
I seem to recall Schumi getting all edgy as his titles got close. Keeping it on the island, bringing home the point when you have that pressure is just as much a sign a great champion as a flat out lights to flag victory.
Old 28-09-2009, 10:33   #836
dev
Inactive

dev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond repute

The Rosberg penalty is an automatic one just like speeding in the pit lane. It doesn't matter if you cut the white line by 1cm or ignore it completely, it's a drive through. It's just unlucky that he got his drive through around the time a safety car came out. If he took his penalty early there would have been no problem.

The Webber / Raikonnen is a similar one and both should have got a penalty. Webber got one because he floored it when off track when he could have backed off slightly and followed behind Alonso. It's just unlucky he had to let 2 cars ahead because Alonso was overtaken.

The Sutil one is a bit odd as I would have expected a grid place drop, maybe they ruled it was a legitimate move just wrongly timed due to a blind spot? It's not like he drove forward, he just continued the spin.
Old 28-09-2009, 11:30   #837
banjo
Inactive

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

It was so boring that I did fall asleep, what a terrible circuit.
Old 28-09-2009, 15:16   #838
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

I found it quite stimulating, as it happens. Granted, it was not as exciting as last year's, but then there was more at stake last year. Flyboy10 and Flyboy8 both watched it the whole way through, which is a first for them.

Sutil's penalty was fair, I don't think he did anything maliciously, just poor judgement.

As far as the "confusing" actions taken, involving Alonso and Raikonnen; with those two names mentioned, I am not surprised at all.
Old 28-09-2009, 16:36   #839
Matty_
cf.geek

Matty_ has reached the bronze age
Matty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze age

Fair play i was wrong, Jenson drove a half decent race and this has hopefully done his title prospects the world of good.
My point was more though that when he`s interviewed he claims all is fine and dandy when you can tell it`s not by the Cockpit conversation and the way he qualifies.
If others brake down or do stupid mistakes that`s not his fault but i still don`t rate him as high as Schumacher, Alonso or Hamilton when it comes to setting up a car.
Still hope he wins the championship though...

I wish they could give em some overtaking chances though :-(
Old 28-09-2009, 16:42   #840
Flyboy
Inactive

I don't think anyone could confuse him with those. But I am very torn between Barrichello and Button. On one hand it would be justification for Rubens's hard work and dedication within the sport to win, I truly belive this is his last chance for glory. On the other hand, I really would like to see Button win, He has struggled with poor engineering and a lack of support from many quarters and deserves to win the championship, but I fear his efforts will go the same way as DC's.
Closed Thread