Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus (OLD)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coronavirus (OLD)
Closed Thread

Old 18-03-2020, 20:18   #826
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack
Re: Coronavirus

My pal from Erskine just outside Glasgow and beside Glasgow airport just messaged to say at least 8 army helicopters just flew over her house heading for the airport. So maybe the reports of them at Edinburgh airport as well are indeed Correct ..
Advertisement
Old 18-03-2020, 20:24   #827
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Have tried to carry on pretty much as normal but have the distinct feeling that the option to do that is about to be taken away.
Old 18-03-2020, 20:39   #828
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

A lot of panic and speculation about the army is being fuelled by the usual ignorant bolleaux doing the rounds on Farcebook and Twatter.

Here’s the UK Defence Journal’s take on that.

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/no-t...-for-lockdown/
Old 18-03-2020, 20:46   #829
djfunkdup

djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
A lot of panic and speculation about the army is being fuelled by the usual ignorant bolleaux doing the rounds on Farcebook and Twatter.

I don't think its panic when a girl texts to say she saw army helicopters landing at glasgow airport when its usually ryan air and easy jet etc that land and take off from there lol it was just a text to say she saw them heading for the airport that was all really and she found it a bit unusal otherwise she was perfectly calm tbh

PS: You could spit onto the runway from Erskine if you were a decent spitter . it's right beside the Airport.
you can make up your own mind what the reasons behind it are

Last edited by djfunkdup; 18-03-2020 at 20:50.
Old 18-03-2020, 20:50   #830
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

There are plenty of army and RAF bases in Scotland. There’s no need for them to use Glasgow Int’l even if they are planning to deploy on riot suppression. It’s unnecessarily complicated and costly for them to use civilian runways when they have their own, conveniently located next to their barracks and their vehicles.
Old 18-03-2020, 20:53   #831
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Chinooks routinely refuel at Aberdeen on training ops, fly down the coast and are often seen zipping around the Forth Estuary
Old 18-03-2020, 20:53   #832
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
There are plenty of army and RAF bases in Scotland. There’s no need for them to use Glasgow Int’l even if they are planning to deploy on riot suppression. It’s unnecessarily complicated and costly for them to use civilian runways when they have their own, conveniently located next to their barracks and their vehicles.
Also, using an Apache for riot suppression is like using a steamroller to iron your shirt... ;-)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 18-03-2020, 21:44   #833
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I've got a mate who cleans the grill at a McDonalds frequented quite often by the children of the people who assist middle-management at the MOD. He tells me that the army will be deployed at 24:00 hours (they use military time, that's how you know this story is legit) tonight and they have been given orders to use - and I quote - 'disproportionate overwhelming force' against anyone seen breaking the lockdown.
Old 18-03-2020, 21:45   #834
djfunkdup

4 army trucks just been spotted on Govan Road turning into the QEUH. Prob dropping off medical supplies ? Who knows
Old 18-03-2020, 21:45   #835
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Also, using an Apache for riot suppression is like using a steamroller to iron your shirt... ;-)

According to my source the Apache is for people spotted coughing.
Old 18-03-2020, 22:02   #836
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
According to my source the Apache is for people spotted coughing.
Ah, the thermal imaging confirmation, then the Hellfire to "sterilise" the area (well, from Govan Cross to Elder Street - better to be safe than sorry...).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 18-03-2020, 22:57   #837
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
One thing I did notice in the store was the food donation box had nothing in it. Normally has quite a lot of stuff.
Maybe it had just been emptied? At my local Tesco, the box was overflowing. More pasta in there than on the shelves.
Old 18-03-2020, 23:23   #838
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

I’m going to bed. The world will still be there in the morning.
Old 18-03-2020, 23:54   #839
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

I went to Tesco after work tonight to pick up some Oxo cubes.

I got three boxes and put them on top of each other on the belt at the checkout only to be told I couldn’t have them as I was stockpiling........
Old 19-03-2020, 03:11   #840
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
I went to Tesco after work tonight to pick up some Oxo cubes.

I got three boxes and put them on top of each other on the belt at the checkout only to be told I couldn’t have them as I was stockpiling........
Tesco have sent shareholders (and I assume customers) an email- the jist of which is:

All Tesco stores to start closing at 10pm- no more 24 hour opening.

All Fish/salad/meat/deli counters closed until further notice.

Online customers who can are to be asked to shop instore to free up online delivery slots for elderly/disabled/vulnerable people.

Rationing introduced on goods. Customers will be asked to buy only what they need and max of three items on every grocery item.

Distancing measures to be introduced at checkouts. Customers to be asked to pay by card if they can.

Mon, Wed, Fri 9am to 10am instore will be reserved for elderly/disabled/vulnerable customers.

All multibuy offers immediately cancelled.

So I don't know why you were refused those three items??

---------- Post added at 03:11 ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 ----------

Quote:

It's now been on the news that 20,000 army personnel are on standby. It was said that they are going to assist the police and will shortly be taking over the guarding of no 10.

The PM looked tired, stressed and confused at todays briefing- it must be a tremendous burden having this responsibility on his mind, so he probably isn't sleeping.

As he will obviously be taking advice from experts, we are now effectively in a wartime situation, party political dogma has been ripped up and opposition parties have dropped rivalries in an effort to help as much as they can I think that it might now be an idea to form a coalition government of solidarity.
Closed Thread