Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coronavirus
View Poll Results: When you become eligible for the Covid Vaccine, would you take it?
Yes 76 84.44%
No 8 8.89%
Unsure 6 6.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 21-11-2021, 15:46   #8296
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star
Re: Coronavirus

People who are concerned about the safety etc aren't the issue, these concerns need to be addressed by the people who know the vaccines and the process they have gone through properly, they are genuine concerns and actually may well turn out to be correct - remember Thalidomide for example, no-one thought that would cause birth defects (but that was ultimately a production issue not removing the isomer) until we had a whole load of babies being born missing arms etc etc.

It's the people who are going around saying it's 5G or that the government are going to secretly vaccinate protesters through manhole covers, things which are basically not going to be true.

Advertisement
Old 25-11-2021, 15:37   #8297
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

At 14:02 today, the phone rang, and the caller said I had missed my booster appointment yesterday (24th).

I told her that on the 17th I did an online request for a reschedule for the missus and I, to be together. She said that all the online stuff takes over a week to process.

I explained the missus' mobility problems, that we could only get to the Tesco across the road, and would take any cancellation at any time of day.

She tried to give just me a slot on December 1st, as she had a single cancellation then, and another today, but there was no way one of us could make it, as it was for 14:20 in 15 minutes. I just told her to book the missus' jab for 1st December and I would get the one today.

I got to the Tesco centre at 14:22, and their computer system updated in front of us, to book me in.

The mandatory 15-minute wait after the Pfizer jab was annoying....
Old 25-11-2021, 15:46   #8298
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post

Yeah I asked how many had had an allergic reaction on just the 3rd jab after not on the other 2 hahaha no answer given
Old 25-11-2021, 16:24   #8299
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I can understand it for those who didnt have Pfizer previously, but Ive had it for all three, so just ridiculous. I left after a few minutes.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 25-11-2021, 16:26   #8300
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I can understand it for those who didnt have Pfizer previously, but Ive had it for all three, so just ridiculous. I left after a few minutes.
I had 2 x AZ and 1 x Pfizer. I also left after a couple of minutes. If anything was going to happen, I'd rather it was at home.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 25-11-2021, 16:30   #8301
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

I suppose you could react to the 2nd but not the 1st, as your immune system has seen it before, and hadn't first off (and perhaps the same in reverse).

But if you've already had it twice and didn't react, there's a pretty decent chance the 3rd will be the same. I suppose they just don't want people getting in the car, driving home and fainting or going into shock or something when they're on the road where it's easier for a nurse to do something at a vax centre.

The most annoying thing for me with the 15 min wait is that as it's a healthcare setting you still have to wear a face covering even when the mask mandate has been lifted pretty much anywhere else. When I went for my 2nd which was just after freedom day they were giving out water so I just sat sipping that instead...

Old 25-11-2021, 16:33   #8302
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Personally I'd rather be surrounded by medical staff if something actually happened (and 100 yards from the ambulance station), but expecting a third dose of the same vaccine to suddenly behave differently is a bit far fetched. I felt a slight twinge when first lying on it in bed, but it soon passed, and off to sleep I went.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 25-11-2021, 16:46   #8303
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Personally I'd rather be surrounded by medical staff if something actually happened (and 100 yards from the ambulance station), but expecting a third dose of the same vaccine to suddenly behave differently is a bit far fetched. I felt a slight twinge when first lying on it in bed, but it soon passed, and off to sleep I went.
Thing is that if you take a funny turn at the pharmacy then the
disturbance that will cause to those waiting their turn would make things awkward for others. In other settings, that might not matter as much.

Old 25-11-2021, 17:45   #8304
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
New restrictions (in Europe) dont seem to be going down as well this time around.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59363256

Opened fire ? Seriously ?

Peoples patience with restrictions and lockdowns seems to have worn away.
This is what I warned would have happened here too if we went gung-ho with lockdowns. There’s only so much people will take.
Old 25-11-2021, 20:48   #8305
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Worrying report. Fingers crossed this variant is less transmissible:

COVID-19: New B.1.1.529 variant 'worst one we've seen so far', say UK experts

Quote:
The UKHSA says B.1.1.529 has a spike protein which is "dramatically" different to the original COVID strain, and it has double the amount of mutations than the Delta variant.

These mutations are likely to evade the immune response generated by prior infection and vaccination, they say.

Tom Peacock, a virologist at Imperial College London, branded the mutations "really awful" but said cases were currently "super low".

Spike proteins are what viruses use to get into human cells, and some of the vaccines work by training the body to recognise the spikes and neutralise them.

Mutations on the spike could therefore potentially prove problematic for the current crop of vaccines.
Old 25-11-2021, 20:54   #8306
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

An immediate red-listing of South Africa and Botswana is called for, imo.

Old 25-11-2021, 20:59   #8307
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I would agree but can this include transit passengers flying via a third country "hub"?
Old 25-11-2021, 20:59   #8308
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Won't work, people will just take a circuitous route and fly in from somewhere else . . . . . . or get a dinghy in France
Old 25-11-2021, 21:52   #8309
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Worrying report. Fingers crossed this variant is less transmissible:

COVID-19: New B.1.1.529 variant 'worst one we've seen so far', say UK experts
Well, we can’t be thinking it’s over now can we? We need a new variant to ensure previously democratic Western governments can continue to act as tinpot dictatorships and totalitarian states.

Also helps to keep the population scared and compliant. Best course of action is to mandate vaccines that don’t prevent infection or transmission thereby keeping the population on a convenient short leash by keeping them scared.

Take the vaccine! Will it stop me from getting catching it? No! Will it stop me from passing it on? No! So you must still wear masks or you’re a bad person. Will it stop me from getting ill? Yes, but that’s only your personal health, if you care about the wider population you should still support lockdowns. But surely those at risk will have been vaccinated so even if I’m not vaccinated I’m no risk to others? Shut up, we’re keeping this going for as long as possible.
Old 25-11-2021, 21:58   #8310
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Well, we can’t be thinking it’s over now can we? We need a new variant to ensure previously democratic Western governments can continue to act as tinpot dictatorships and totalitarian states.

Also helps to keep the population scared and compliant. Best course of action is to mandate vaccines that don’t prevent infection or transmission thereby keeping the population on a convenient short leash by keeping them scared.

Take the vaccine! Will it stop me from getting catching it? No! Will it stop me from passing it on? No! So you must still wear masks or you’re a bad person. Will it stop me from getting ill? Yes, but that’s only your personal health, if you care about the wider population you should still support lockdowns. But surely those at risk will have been vaccinated so even if I’m not vaccinated I’m no risk to others? Shut up, we’re keeping this going for as long as possible.
There's a fortune still to be made out of this, it'll get milked for some time yet
get your 12th jab booked.