Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 30-04-2014, 21:16   #8041
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Thank you for your kind wishes Dilli, Den and Weenie, this may be our last move ever, because as you may know we are no spring chickens. It is a new build, so no worries about the roof, wiring, boiler etc etc etc and we can get rid of the car because we are in the center of town, also no garden to speak of, so no grass cutting, what's more to want?
Wishing you many happy years in you new home ... it sounds all you could wish for extremely happy for you Tinky.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:25   #8042
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
So pleased for you Tinky, wish I could move but let's just say that's a story for another day
Excellent news
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:47   #8043
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Good luck and all the best in your new home Tinky, sounds great.

And Dilli, 90 casts!! Oh my God.
Old 01-05-2014, 14:01   #8044
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

When I was born I had what looked like a bruise on the back of my head, about the size of a 20p piece. As I got older and my hair darkened and it became hidden from view. My parents told me it was a birthmark and after a few years it was covered by a patch of white pigment-less hair. The rest of my hair went very dark and in school my nickname was Painter as the white bit looked like a blob of paint and I hated it.

When I hit 20 and started to go bald the only good thing about it was I hoped the bald spot would eventually spread cause the white bit to fall out. This happened obviously but I didn't realise the birthmark was still there, hidden all these years. It was really noticeable as it was the size of a small lemon but it didn't bother me too much as it was a case of 'out of sight out of mind'.

Fast forward about 10 years and after shaving my head with electric clippers I started wet-shaving it to get it completely bald but I was worried about cutting in to the birthmark. I went to see my GP who told me it wasn't a birthmark but a large mole. I panicked as up until then I used sunbeds a lot and my doctor advised me to never do so again and I complied. As for cutting in to it he just advised me to be careful and go around it if I could and I managed it fine up until about a year ago when I sliced in to it really badly. I went back to my GP and he scheduled me in to have the whole thing removed.

Phase one was in September, because it was so large they couldn't do it in a single sitting to they cut out about 40% and left it to heal.

Today I went back for the 2nd phase and they got rid of just about all of it and because of how large the remains were the stitches are a bit firm and now the right side of my head is so tight I feel like Tom Jones after his 9th facelift. Still, happy it's all been taken care of and once the stitches come out I can get on with wet-shaving my head properly with no worries about cutting in to it
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 14:35   #8045
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

I missed a text this morning to say my new PC has been dispatched. So could be here tomorrow or next Tuesday morning.

Downside is I didn't expect it till the end of next week so now got to move a lot of stuff from this comp to the external drive.

Can't wait though.
Old 01-05-2014, 14:41   #8046
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post
Son is home
Know exactly how you feel!

Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:32   #8047
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

We're looking forward to a very rare kid free weekend - our eldest is staying at his nan's and our youngest is in respite for a couple of nights. As much as well love them both it's great to have a couple of free evenings.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:11   #8048
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Just got 200 nectar points from ebay gratis as a present for my birthday on Monday. OK a quid don't go far these days but it's a nice gesture.
Every little helps dear chap.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:01   #8049
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

My son comes home today from his Primary 7 school trip, the house has been so quiet the last 5 day's without him, cannot wait till 2.30 today ... missed him so much.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:37   #8050
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I do like today's set of happy thoughts. So to you all.

My 'happy' today is getting free tickets to the Ideal Homes Exhibition in June. First time it has been held at the newish Events Centre near to where we live so am looking forward to see what it will be like.

Now if only I could get free tickets to the new Sea Life centre that would really make my day. Seeing my Grandson's face when he is surrounded by fish swimming all around him is something I am looking forward to.
Old 02-05-2014, 15:59   #8051
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

The wee one is HOME he really enjoyed his adventure week. Glad all my chicks are home and under one roof.
Old 02-05-2014, 16:28   #8052
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Cool
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 16:48   #8053
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Got taken out for lunch..This retirement lark could be a good thing..
Old 04-05-2014, 17:10   #8054
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

I started talking to an old friend who I used to go to school with
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 17:18   #8055
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Well that's good - it can be nice to keep in touch.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote