Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
29-06-2010, 08:47
|
#736
|
|
Got inside news - PM me
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Media Boy UK HQ
Posts: 15,148
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon
_hid means hidden. These are something else and I note that the bulk of them are not provisioned for me (not subscribed). I don't subscribe to any premium channels...
|
Thanks for given me the right info.
I forgot my _ 
---------- Post added at 09:47 ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 ----------
May I ask:
What is the EPG telling you on your box?
What is broadcasting on any of the tests channels?
|
|
|
29-06-2010, 08:57
|
#737
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 311
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
the actual tests are numbered like channel numbers, however next to them it does say 'not provisioned' and I am subscribed to the movies channels. When you type in the number on the remote it just comes up 'incorrect channel number' If this was tests for red button, could it be for sky sports?? The 120 Horizon is talking about would be for SD launches, therefore if its all for hd channels this could be 15 new hd ones. Based on the fact that one hd channel roughly equates to 8 SD channels.
|
|
|
29-06-2010, 09:00
|
#738
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon
Now, lets see who leaks it first what they are, I know who my bets are on. 
|
Sorry to disappoint, but I can exclusively reveal they are purely test channels - one on each of the new transport streams to make sure they are working correctly. They will be removed once the tests have been completed, then the real channels can be added.
|
|
|
29-06-2010, 09:10
|
#739
|
|
Got inside news - PM me
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Media Boy UK HQ
Posts: 15,148
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant
Sorry to disappoint, but I can exclusively reveal they are purely test channels - one on each of the new transport streams to make sure they are working correctly. They will be removed once the tests have been completed, then the real channels can be added.
|
12 Streams can carry up to 80 new SD Channels,
12 Streams can carry up to 20 new HD Channels.
|
|
|
29-06-2010, 09:14
|
#740
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 311
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
|
|
|
29-06-2010, 09:15
|
#741
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
My brother reckons ESPN America HD will arrive next month
|
|
|
|
29-06-2010, 09:16
|
#742
|
|
Media Watcher
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Essex
Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Posts: 2,416
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Facts instead of speculation, drat. Bah, humbug!
Thanks Mr Spiderplant.
At least we have Film4 HD soon....
|
|
|
29-06-2010, 09:57
|
#743
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Telford
Age: 32
Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2
Galaxy S 5 on EE
Posts: 1,034
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgie99
ts streams gone up from 36 to 48 and channels gone up from 326 to337 here in scunthorpe cant see any new channels tho are they getting ready for the sky hd channels?
|
Channels has gone down to 333, the same as Total Servs
|
|
|
29-06-2010, 10:04
|
#744
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Stockton on Tees
Services: V+ Xl TV package
phone L package
Broadband L package
Posts: 347
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06
Channels has gone down to 333, the same as Total Servs
|
got 48 total streams and 336 total channels here in Teesside.
|
|
|
29-06-2010, 11:52
|
#745
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Beyond The Sun
Posts: 723
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06
Channels has gone down to 333, the same as Total Servs
|
Been wondering where you get the channel count info from? Is it deep in the menu system?
I'm sure it must be easier than counting them a page at a time on the TV Guide
|
|
|
29-06-2010, 11:58
|
#746
|
|
Got inside news - PM me
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Media Boy UK HQ
Posts: 15,148
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45
Been wondering where you get the channel count info from? Is it deep in the menu system?
I'm sure it must be easier than counting them a page at a time on the TV Guide 
|
Try this:
1) Press Home
2) Press 8 - Setting
3) Press 6 - Technical Stuff
4) Press Red - Page down until you get to page 3 (on V Boxes)
5) You will now see ''TS Streams'' on this page (3rd one down)
|
|
|
29-06-2010, 12:01
|
#747
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Beyond The Sun
Posts: 723
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy
Try this:
1) Press Home
2) Press 8 - Setting
3) Press 6 - Technical Stuff
4) Press Red - Page down until you get to page 3 (on V Boxes)
5) You will now see ''TS Streams'' on this page (3rd one down)
|
Many Thanks MB. I'll give it a go when I get home, I guess its the same on V+ boxes?
Keep up the good work, very much appreciated
|
|
|
29-06-2010, 12:03
|
#748
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Telford
Age: 32
Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2
Galaxy S 5 on EE
Posts: 1,034
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45
Many Thanks MB. I'll give it a go when I get home, I guess its the same on V+ boxes?
Keep up the good work, very much appreciated
|
Yes, it's the same
|
|
|
29-06-2010, 12:43
|
#749
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Age: 62
Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Posts: 897
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Aylesbury (Watford Regional Head-End AFAIK):-
TS Streams: 48
Total Channels / Total Services: 337
Where does all that extra bandwidth suddenly come from?
P.S. Watch Heartbeat on ITV3 +1 now, before it's gone forever! 
---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:15 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne
As far as I am aware Rob M, as a Team member, used to update Post 1 each week for Media Boy because he does not have the facility to do so himself.
As Rob M is no longer a team member he is no longer in a position to edit posts and Media Boy is giving us the new details in the only way possible at the moment.
|
I'm sorry to hear that Rob M is no longer a team member and moderator (despite his heavy-handed use of the editor's red pen  ) but I hope he's still here in the forums as a mere mortal. 
---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLUFC22
Oh sorry, genuinely didnt know there was a difference. Only been with VM 4 months and just assumed they were all same apart from HD and + capabilities 
|
It's okay, Chris. I've been with VM (formerly NTL, formerly Cable & Wireless) for well over a decade and I still don't have a full knowledge of the differences between the various boxes and their EPGs.
I ought to build a spreadsheet feature list and add to it as I come across details specific to a particular box. Unless, of course, someone knows a thread where this information is already posted.
For a start I'd like to know which ones have SD/HD and PVR capabilities and what rear (or front) panel connectors they all have (e.g. HDMI/DVI/SCART/RF/Composite/S-Video, various audio, Parallel/Serial/USB/Ethernet). Oh yeah, and what memory is installed in each type of box. I guess I'm looking at separate lists for hardware/firmware/software, EPG and remote control capability.
|
|
|
29-06-2010, 13:01
|
#750
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felim_Doyle
It's okay, Chris. I've been with VM (formerly NTL, formerly Cable & Wireless) for well over a decade and I still don't have a full knowledge of the differences between the various boxes and their EPGs. 
|
There are only two EPGs. One for the V+HD boxes with an eight day guide and one for the others with a 24 hour guide
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:59.
|