Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Recording Twice Issues

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Recording Twice Issues
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2010, 13:30   #61
amgard
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oxfordshire
Services: Tivo-XL, BB-XL, Pnone-XL, VM Mobile x 2, Topfield 5800 Freeview
Posts: 72
amgard is on a distinguished roadamgard is on a distinguished road
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrysunderland View Post
My 4 week old Samsung is duplicating programmes. Tonight, Emmerdale (HD) was recorded twice. Top Gear would not set to record because of a "conflict". Although I had no other programmes set to record at that time.
I had NEARLY the same effect. There were 2 copies of Emmerdale recording, though one was marked as failed and Topgear recorded OK.

Also last night House was recording twice, though once again one of them failed.

Last weekend both the qualifying and the race itself of Formula 1 were recording twice each.

I'm seeing this more and more.....
amgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2010, 08:30   #62
badhairday
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: London..init
Services: Virgin Media
Posts: 93
badhairday has a spectacular aura about thembadhairday has a spectacular aura about thembadhairday has a spectacular aura about thembadhairday has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails

Me too or should I say Me two !
badhairday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 20:27   #63
soup dragon
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Portsmouth
Age: 59
Services: XL BB, XL TV, V+
Posts: 742
soup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of society
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails

i had Holby on the recorded page 5 times!!! recorded twice and failed 3 times! all starting at 20:00
soup dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 13:42   #64
savvychels
cf.geek
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Dorset
Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
Posts: 645
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails

This has just happened to me this week. I found out before the fact when I went to programme in some recordings that should have fit, but kept getting clashes. Nothing extra showed up in my planned recordings until I made a 'one time' recording a 'series link' to see if that would work. Then it showed something else as recording twice in that slot. Setting one off to series link also worked for the second one. There was absolutely NOTHING set to record in that slot so I'm not sure what happened.

So basically I changed a single recording to a series link, then when that worked I cancelled the link and then reset the single recording and it worked after that.

Obviously something is going on in the background looking at the length of this thread over the past couple of months
savvychels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 17:33   #65
absthechatter
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 310
absthechatter is just really niceabsthechatter is just really niceabsthechatter is just really niceabsthechatter is just really niceabsthechatter is just really niceabsthechatter is just really nice
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails

Mine is still unusable. It's constantly recording an episode of QI from the beginning of the year three times. As it's three times it is using all three tuners so I cannot even watch live TV.

If I delete the three recordings they come back after ten minutes or so. If I format the drive, it is ok for that day, then goes again next morning. I am on third box and it keeps on happening.

When I ring, I just get ' It's only an EPG error, don't worry about it, just delete the recording!!' Well I do worry as I have not been able to use the V+ for months now!

Does anyone from Virgin have any idea when this is likely to be fixed, it has been happening to me since last October??

Abs
absthechatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 22:00   #66
amgard
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oxfordshire
Services: Tivo-XL, BB-XL, Pnone-XL, VM Mobile x 2, Topfield 5800 Freeview
Posts: 72
amgard is on a distinguished roadamgard is on a distinguished road
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails

With all of the various programs recording twice, and folks being re-directed to this thread, would it not be reasonable for a moderator to re-title this thread to something more generic.... after all the later posts are NOT about Doctors or Neighbours recording twice.
amgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 13:35   #67
Horace
©Beam Software
 
Horace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Teesside
Services: BB (200mbit), 1x V6, iPad, iPhone
Posts: 1,411
Horace has reached the bronze age
Horace has reached the bronze age
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails

Report your own post, the moderators tend to be super-busy on here and may not notice it.
Horace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 16:10   #68
Peter_
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails

I found 3 recordings set for Hollyoaks at 1830 next Wednesday 14/7, I have deleted 2 and will wait and see what happens.

Getting silly now.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 17:24   #69
amgard
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oxfordshire
Services: Tivo-XL, BB-XL, Pnone-XL, VM Mobile x 2, Topfield 5800 Freeview
Posts: 72
amgard is on a distinguished roadamgard is on a distinguished road
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace View Post
Report your own post, the moderators tend to be super-busy on here and may not notice it.
But when someone starts their own they are always referred back to this thread and told not to start a duplicate thread.
amgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 18:03   #70
Mick
Cable Forum Admin
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 15,142
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails

Quote:
Originally Posted by amgard View Post
But when someone starts their own they are always referred back to this thread and told not to start a duplicate thread.
That still doesn't mean they will read this thread - Good job someone else reported your suggestion then because, unless you bring issues to a team members attention, we may never see it. So if you have a concern, take it to a team member directly, rather than discuss the matter in the thread.

Thread title changed to something more Generic.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 21:27   #71
amgard
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oxfordshire
Services: Tivo-XL, BB-XL, Pnone-XL, VM Mobile x 2, Topfield 5800 Freeview
Posts: 72
amgard is on a distinguished roadamgard is on a distinguished road
Re: Recording Twice Issues

thanks - and sorry if I've broken forum etiquette. As you see I'm a newbie here!
amgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:47   #72
trickytree
cf.addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Nottingham
Services: VVIP500
Posts: 439
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Recording Twice Issues

Just happened to look in planned programmes and all this coming weeks Big Brother showings were in twice!
Glad I spotted it as it would be crashing my box in peak time etc. Not to mention the chance of being stuck with the rogue recordings that will never go without a format.

This is getting beyond a joke
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 12:33   #73
Jannie
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Notts
Services: XL V+/V XL Broadband XL Phone
Posts: 7
Jannie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Recording Twice Issues

Mines doing this, a lot more recently. Had same SA box for 2-3 years or so and not really had much go wrong with it.
Get clash alerts and find that its trying to record twice on Planned progs, (someone mentioned Ashes to Ashes, I too had probs with that programme, weird.)
I also ended up with four successful recordings (I checked them all, they played fine,) all showing slightly different times of the same episode of Doctor Who, last Matt Smith one. I came home halfway through and the box was recording 3 times, (3 red spots instead of 1/2, I didnt think that was possible and its happened before, but someone mentioned they do have 3 tuners.)
Also progs get 'stuck' on my hard drive and are showing 0hr00 whether successfully recorded or not. (I have 3 like that, not takin up any space of course but just annoying that they hang around and dont go! I could delete em every day, theyre back like a bad penny next day!) Was also told it would need formatting to get rid of these, but thats difficult getting an engineer round at same time as you DONT have about 5-8 pages of very important viewing to watch as of course youd lose it all!
I watched or deleted every programme from recordings a few months ago, and capacity was only reading 78 instead of 80 hrs and of course the 'stuck' progs still came back!
Jannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2010, 12:35   #74
shugg mcglummfer
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edinburgh
Services: V+ XL
Posts: 93
shugg mcglummfer is on a distinguished roadshugg mcglummfer is on a distinguished road
Re: Recording Twice Issues

Have only ever had duplicate recordings, never triple or quadruple. I have had the recording length of 0:00 show up, but when this has happened the Remaining Time has also reduced, so they do seem to be taking up some space.

I also found that they could be deleted if I tried to delete and then did a hard reboot by switching off at the mains and the on again after a few mins.
shugg mcglummfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2010, 09:09   #75
trickytree
cf.addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Nottingham
Services: VVIP500
Posts: 439
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Recording Twice Issues

Had an issue last night where I was recording the cricket - So 1 tuner and then normal stuff on the other channels like Eastenders, Dragons Den etc but all of those failed.

Seems to be they thought they had a clash of schedule or something so the 3 other programs that were set up all failed. Just thankful On Demand exists otherwise this is becoming stupid and if you were not here to realise it at the time you may not realise stuff was missing if peoples box looks like mine with 8 pages of stuff!
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 19:33.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum