My ASDA Complaint going well
27-02-2009, 22:16
|
#61
|
|
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,583
|
Re: My ASDA Complaint going well
Quote:
Originally Posted by mischievious
Sorry at this point I have to ask a harmless question, why the alias welshchris? I suspect that you may be welsh but why do I need to know that immediately?
|
Why at this point? There is a thread where people can discuss their choice of user name already, but it's pretty ancient. If you want to know badly enough, go and search for it.
Meantime let's stick to the topic.
|
|
|
27-02-2009, 22:22
|
#62
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Somewhere in the UK
Services: Sky
Posts: 255
|
Re: My ASDA Complaint going well
Apologies I assume I have just had my bottom smacked....
|
|
|
27-02-2009, 22:23
|
#63
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wales UK
Age: 44
Services: 50mb Cable, L TV and Phone XL.
Posts: 3,480
|
Re: My ASDA Complaint going well
wtf was that about?
|
|
|
27-02-2009, 22:24
|
#64
|
|
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,583
|
Re: My ASDA Complaint going well
Quote:
Originally Posted by mischievious
Apologies I assume I have just had my bottom smacked.... 
|
No, just lined up in my sights ...
|
|
|
27-02-2009, 23:44
|
#65
|
|
step on my trip
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,766
|
Re: My ASDA Complaint going well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshchris
and if u read what ive put it will explain quite evidently why i cant collect at the doors. How do u expect someone who has 5 prolasped disks in his spine to carry all the shopping in and to the lift and then out of the lift and then into the flat when they are getting paid to bring it to the flat door on a trolly which they have.
|
and if you read what I wrote, I didn't tell you to go and meet them at the door since you explained your situation. my point is that not everyone has a bad back and some of the people in your block may well have been happy to collect at the door / from the van, as it still saves them going to the supermarket. but your persistent heckling of ASDA regarding the situation may well mean they will no longer deliver there at all. this is why I said, instead of ruining it for others, just shop elsewhere. everything is not you. jeez.
__________________
“Most people don’t listen to understand. They listen to reply. Be different.”
- Jefferson Fisher
|
|
|
28-02-2009, 05:40
|
#66
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: My ASDA Complaint going well
I presume that you have told all your neighbours as a courtesy what you are doing and because of this issue you may have gotten the building blacklisted as undeliverable by ASDA as they do actually need to be made aware as to why they can no longer order from them online and expect a delivery due to the blacklisting.
|
|
|
28-02-2009, 08:41
|
#67
|
|
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,583
|
Re: My ASDA Complaint going well
I think everyone here who is claiming that welshchris is the one 'ruining' things for his neighbours is being grossly unfair on him. His complaint is entirely reasonable. Asda's response is not, and smacks of petty revenge.
Lay the blame at the correct door, please, people.
|
|
|
28-02-2009, 09:13
|
#68
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2007
Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
Posts: 4,143
|
Re: My ASDA Complaint going well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
I think everyone here who is claiming that welshchris is the one 'ruining' things for his neighbours is being grossly unfair on him. His complaint is entirely reasonable. Asda's response is not, and smacks of petty revenge.
Lay the blame at the correct door, please, people.
|
I'm with you and Welshchris on that. It is Asda that are being unreasonable and credit to Welshchris for not letting them walk over the top of him.
|
|
|
28-02-2009, 19:02
|
#69
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: My ASDA Complaint going well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
I think everyone here who is claiming that welshchris is the one 'ruining' things for his neighbours is being grossly unfair on him. His complaint is entirely reasonable. Asda's response is not, and smacks of petty revenge.
Lay the blame at the correct door, please, people.
|
I agree that ASDA are being petty as all big businesses can be, but all I am saying is that he should keep his fellow neighbours fully informed of what is happening and maybe this could be a good opportunity to get the local press involved as a company such as ASDA would not like such a negative argument as this to be publicised.
|
|
|
28-02-2009, 19:31
|
#70
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Swansea
Age: 51
Services: Inhumations, for the right price
Posts: 517
|
Re: My ASDA Complaint going well
I'm still waiting for an answer to my question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech_Boy
you are not talking about the Asda in Llansamlett/Morriston are you?
As that Asda has a bus stop in the car park, and 2 bus stops on the A48 that runs along side the carpark (one either way).
|
|
|
|
28-02-2009, 19:38
|
#71
|
|
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,583
|
Re: My ASDA Complaint going well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech_Boy
I'm still waiting for an answer to my question.
|
You may not get one - nobody here is under any obligation to reveal what part of the country they live in or where they do their shopping.
|
|
|
28-02-2009, 19:45
|
#72
|
|
-
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere
Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Posts: 26,546
|
Re: My ASDA Complaint going well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender
they should, but evidently, they are not, so it leaves you no choice... why hot headedly ruin a service for others who may be quite happy collecting at the block doors? seems very selfish.
|
On the other hand why attack someone who came here for help?
The fact is that ASDA do promise to deliver to the door. While they do not specify the Building door, or the door to the flat, most people would assume that delivery to the door means delivery to their front door. Consumer Wales clearly agreed that this ad is misleading.
Now, it *is* ASDA's right to decide where to deliver, and it *is* a requirement of law that ASDA ensure their staff are safe. I am not disputing those facts. But ASDA do not have the right to lie on their ads. No company should advertise a service if they are not going to deliver it as advertised. Look at Virgin..
---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:41 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech_Boy
you are not talking about the Asda in Llansamlett/Morriston are you?
As that Asda has a bus stop in the car park, and 2 bus stops on the A48 that runs along side the carpark (one either way).
|
Although it is worth noting that if Chris is unable to get his shopping from the front door of the building, he is likely to be unable to get it from his nearest bus stop or from the car..
|
|
|
28-02-2009, 20:01
|
#73
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Swansea
Age: 51
Services: Inhumations, for the right price
Posts: 517
|
Re: My ASDA Complaint going well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C
Although it is worth noting that if Chris is unable to get his shopping from the front door of the building, he is likely to be unable to get it from his nearest bus stop or from the car..
|
well he stated the following reason for not going to the store in his previous post
"Originally Posted by Welshchris
ASDA is about a 20 min drive and i dont have a car, + no busses go near it."
Which if he is talking about the only store in Swansea is rubbish, as I pointed out in my original post in this thread.
|
|
|
28-02-2009, 20:07
|
#74
|
|
step on my trip
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,766
|
Re: My ASDA Complaint going well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C
On the other hand why attack someone who came here for help?
|
'Attack' is a bit harsh. and I thought the thread was more about keeping forum members up to date judging by the title, rather than asking for help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C
The fact is that ASDA do promise to deliver to the door. While they do not specify the Building door, or the door to the flat, most people would assume that delivery to the door means delivery to their front door. Consumer Wales clearly agreed that this ad is misleading.
|
assumption simply causes problems. people should pay more attention to wording when it comes to companies covering their legal standing on 'promises' to consumers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C
Now, it *is* ASDA's right to decide where to deliver, and it *is* a requirement of law that ASDA ensure their staff are safe. I am not disputing those facts. But ASDA do not have the right to lie on their ads. No company should advertise a service if they are not going to deliver it as advertised. Look at Virgin..
|
I don't think ASDA are lying. for one, they did deliver to doors, but found their vans began to get vandalised, thus they are having to review the situation. something that is out of their control really. secondly, if they are taking items to a buildings front entrance, then they have not lied at all. they have technically done what they said they would do.
as for the whole 'up to' thing, again, technically they are supplying. again, it's people who have been caught out because they did not read the small print or assumed something. but your point is valid, I would not expect to consistently see 2Mb speed when paying for 20Mb. that said, if I did only ever see 2Mb speeds, I would just change provider. same could be applied to this scenario.
__________________
“Most people don’t listen to understand. They listen to reply. Be different.”
- Jefferson Fisher
|
|
|
28-02-2009, 20:22
|
#75
|
|
-
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere
Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Posts: 26,546
|
Re: My ASDA Complaint going well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender
'Attack' is a bit harsh. and I thought the thread was more about keeping forum members up to date judging by the title, rather than asking for help.
|
Maybe the phrasing is a little harsh, but people on this thread have accused the OP of potentially ruining things for his neighbours while apparently letting ASDA off scot free.
Quote:
|
assumption simply causes problems. people should pay more attention to wording when it comes to companies covering their legal standing on 'promises' to consumers.
|
Assumption does cause problems which is why ASDA should have been more specific in their ads.
Quote:
|
I don't think ASDA are lying. for one, they did deliver to doors, but found their vans began to get vandalised, thus they are having to review the situation. something that is out of their control really. secondly, if they are taking items to a buildings front entrance, then they have not lied at all. they have technically done what they said they would do.
|
Lie was a strong phrasing. They have mislead people though..
Quote:
|
as for the whole 'up to' thing, again, technically they are supplying. again, it's people who have been caught out because they did not read the small print or assumed something. but your point is valid, I would not expect to consistently see 2Mb speed when paying for 20Mb. that said, if I did only ever see 2Mb speeds, I would just change provider. same could be applied to this scenario.
|
That is actually one of the things I suggested earlier. If, for any reason, I am unhappy with a company, I change companies. It's also something I recommend to people having an excessive amount of problems with Virgin Media.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:00.
|