Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Why do guys go for less attractive girls?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Why do guys go for less attractive girls?

Old 14-07-2006, 14:35   #61
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Why do guys go for less attractive girls?

It's cool - I keep asking her to post back here just to prove I didn't "do a brookside"

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-07-2006, 14:37   #62
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
Sorry to hear that Russ you had been together a while
Jealous?
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2006, 14:39   #63
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Punctuated incorrectly

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 14-07-2006, 14:42   #64
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I have on one occasion decided not 'to go for' a girl becuase I thought she was too good looking and out of my reach.

Of course after a couple of months she asked ME out... I got engaged to her, but she went a bit odd (boiling bunnys in saucepan type odd) and left me in the end.

I'm married to a nice lovely woman now so I'm quite happy.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it shouldn't matter WHAT the lady looks like - you won't know unless you try.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2006, 14:44   #65
sarahlouise45
Inactive

Services: TV, BB + Phone
sarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to sarahlouise45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia

You live in Wales. 'Nuff said

That is very true....maybe it's time to move on hehe...?!?!
sarahlouise45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2006, 14:49   #66
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
It's cool - I keep asking her to post back here just to prove I didn't "do a brookside"
What? You cancelled her? You sick puppy
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2006, 14:51   #67
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget
What? You cancelled her? You sick puppy
That's one way of putting it.....

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 14-07-2006, 15:09   #68
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

because they are nicer girls to get on with.

and to be honest, whatever girl is going out with whatever guy, is up to them. I know that when I love someone I don't care what other people think about the partner, as long as she feels the same as me.

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2006, 15:29   #69
sarahlouise45
Inactive

Services: TV, BB + Phone
sarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to sarahlouise45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikthius
because they are nicer girls to get on with.

and to be honest, whatever girl is going out with whatever guy, is up to them. I know that when I love someone I don't care what other people think about the partner, as long as she feels the same as me.

ik
Very well said! It is about the two individuals and those two alone. Who cares what other people think? Why even bother to think what other people think? As long as you love eachother and care for one another isn't that all that matters???
sarahlouise45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2006, 16:19   #70
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlouise45
Very well said! It is about the two individuals and those two alone. Who cares what other people think? Why even bother to think what other people think? As long as you love eachother and care for one another isn't that all that matters???
Well, preferably they're rich as well
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2006, 16:23   #71
gaffer_gump

Services: NTL 20mb Broadband. BT phone line. Tv yeah it's in the corner.

Odd topic..

And in my opinion it's because there are more of them, stands to reason really..
Old 14-07-2006, 16:35   #72
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

I'm a bit puzzled by this topic too. I wasn't aware that a noticeable amount of blokes go for less attractive women - in fact I thought a lot of women moan that men place too much reliance on looks?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 14-07-2006, 16:39   #73
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

I think you're being a bit mean to girls that are very attractive. My ex boyfriends girlfriend before me (lost yet?) was absolutely and utterly beautiful, tall, naturally slim - Thai mum & English dad, and got the best of both of their looks. And she also happens to be one of the most caring, sweet genuine individuals I've ever met in my life.
orangebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2006, 16:46   #74
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I don't know that most blokes do go for less attractive women. I think it's a matter of taste. I know some blokes who go for absolutely stunning women, and some who are just happy with a women they get on well with, and may or may not be worried about her looks.

One thing I have found though is that "dumb blondes" aren't always that dumb. I've known quite a few who work to maintain that image, but they know exactly what they want, and normally get it.

---------- Post added at 16:46 ---------- Previous post was at 16:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebird
I think you're being a bit mean to girls that are very attractive. My ex boyfriends girlfriend before me (lost yet?) was absolutely and utterly beautiful, tall, naturally slim - Thai mum & English dad, and got the best of both of their looks. And she also happens to be one of the most caring, sweet genuine individuals I've ever met in my life.
Actually, my post wasn't intended to say that. While I know some girls who are stunning in both looks and bitchiness, not all attractive girls are like that.

I know a few very attractive girls who are also very nice. On the flip side, I know some not-so-attractive girls who are nice, and some who are nasty.

The same thing applies with men.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2006, 18:08   #75
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja
Jealous?

Explain yourself young BR
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote