Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 19:19   #721
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb00thers View Post
Sadly, Its like someone said before on these forums:

Sky are the BEST for TV - Virgin Media are the BEST for Broadband!
Let's hope they don't get there pricing wrong with Tivo let's not forget that by Christmas Google tv will be out which will bring an internet connected STB with YouTube and advanced search plus Apple have released a new Apple tv which has similar features and the BBC are involved in a similar internet box with on demand.
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2010, 21:01   #722
ottoni
cf.addict

ottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to behold

I still have 8 channels testing on my v+ box
Old 02-09-2010, 21:04   #723
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Hmm..I have sky for tv, virgin for broadband...must be true
Old 02-09-2010, 21:34   #724
DJ-SWITCH
Inactive

Services: Sky Q 2tb + 2 multiroom boxes, sky fiber, unlimited home phone + sky mobile unlimited :)
DJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoni View Post
I still have 8 channels testing on my v+ box
What channel numbers are the tests on?
Old 02-09-2010, 21:42   #725
Big Red
Inactive

Services: VIP50
Big Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful one

You pay for what you get, I feel VM has the best overall package than Sky - I think last price check VM Top Package VIP50 £96.50(from 1st Oct), Same Package with Sky £113.50.

Just because it has a Sky sticker on it doesn’t mean it’s the best - you pay the premium - how else are Sky going to buy TV channels and convert them into HD.

Over the past 6 months VM have come along way in the HD area and just because we don’t have the same number of HD channels than Sky doesn’t mean Sky is better.

Sky can convert all channels in to HD, I'm looking for value for money and quality not quantity.
Old 02-09-2010, 21:46   #726
ottoni
cf.addict

ottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-SWITCH View Post
What channel numbers are the tests on?
They are hidden, but some are numbered from 892 upwards

---------- Post added at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was at 21:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
You pay for what you get, I feel VM has the best overall package than Sky - I think last price check VM Top Package VIP50 £96.50(from 1st Oct), Same Package with Sky £113.50.

Just because it has a Sky sticker on it doesn’t mean it’s the best - you pay the premium - how else are Sky going to buy TV channels and convert them into HD.

Over the past 6 months VM have come along way in the HD area and just because we don’t have the same number of HD channels than Sky doesn’t mean Sky is better.

Sky can convert all channels in to HD, I'm looking for value for money and quality not quantity.
Hi Big red, is sep 3rd still confirmed for launch of sky hd basics?
Old 02-09-2010, 21:47   #727
Big Red
Inactive

Big Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful one

Once the Sky Basic HD channels get added I feel VM offer a good range of HD channels and Prem HD channels with maybe one exception the Factual section with only Nat Geo and Discovery HD channels.
I would like to see at least Nat Geo Wild/Animal Planet HD and History HD - History HD on demand is really good when its available and Wild life programs in HD WOW
Old 02-09-2010, 21:50   #728
mattboothers
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
mattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to all

Quote:
Once the Sky Basic HD channels get added I feel VM offer a good range of HD channels and Prem HD channels with maybe one exception the Factual section with only Nat Geo and Discovery HD channels.
I would like to see at least Nat Geo Wild/Animal Planet HD and History HD - History HD on demand is really good when its available and Wild life programs in HD WOW
Big Red Im guessing with Virgin Media's Tweet today we wont be getting the channels tomorrow?
Old 02-09-2010, 21:50   #729
Big Red
Inactive

Quote:

Yes 3rd still confirmed - I will be very surprised if they are not on in the morning or VM confirming via press release.
Old 02-09-2010, 21:53   #730
DJ-SWITCH
Inactive

Services: Sky Q 2tb + 2 multiroom boxes, sky fiber, unlimited home phone + sky mobile unlimited :)
DJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really nice

Quote:

Ok ant got them on my V+ HD box
Old 02-09-2010, 21:58   #731
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation
Question Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III

What EPG numbers do we expect for these SKY basic HD channels?

Old 02-09-2010, 22:00   #732
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Red can you confirm anything about ESPN America HD, I was hoping we would have it for the start of the college football season which starts tonight thanks.
Old 02-09-2010, 22:04   #733
Big Red
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Red can you confirm anything about ESPN America HD, I was hoping we would have it for the start of the college football season thanks.
All I know is the deal is good as done its a matter of when not if, the only thing I can put it down to is the huge problems ESPN have being having with the ESPNA HD channels - I know Sky forum is going mad about the very poor picture.

I guess VM will add once sorted, but I believe it will come with a huge on-demand function.
Old 02-09-2010, 22:09   #734
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
All I know is the deal is good as done its a matter of when not if, the only thing I can put it down to is the huge problems ESPN have being having with the ESPNA HD channels - I know Sky forum is going mad about the very poor picture.

I guess VM will add once sorted, but I believe it will come with a huge on-demand function.
Thanks I have read the same thing myself on DS and had thought this might be causing the delay.
Good news about the on demand ,I did not know about that.
Old 02-09-2010, 22:09   #735
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Red can you confirm anything about ESPN America HD, I was hoping we would have it for the start of the college football season which starts tonight thanks.
me too want to watch the opening games on saturaday
Closed Thread