Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 20:41   #646
tizmeinnit

Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Netflix rumored to get exclusive new Star Trek series.

http://www.geek.com/news/netflix-rum...eries-1596342/

More new Star Trek series would be very interesting.
Was gonna start a new thread for this. Hope it comes off

Advertisement
Old 10-06-2014, 20:54   #647
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I had Netflix, but only for House of Cards, imo it's just a load of old stuff on there.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:22   #648
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I had Netflix, but only for House of Cards, imo it's just a load of old stuff on there.
the american version of netflix is much better
Old 11-06-2014, 12:51   #649
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
the american version of netflix is much better
We have to be patient, Vince. It takes a while to acquire all the rights. I think it will look very different in a few short years.
Old 11-06-2014, 13:37   #650
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Says he the man still waiting for SA.
Old 11-06-2014, 14:04   #651
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Says he the man still waiting for SA.
Ha, ha, cheeky monkey!
Old 11-06-2014, 15:27   #652
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
We have to be patient, Vince. It takes a while to acquire all the rights. I think it will look very different in a few short years.
It will take quite a few years if were going off the US service , most of that is still repeats of shows that have already aired on US pay TV.
Old 11-06-2014, 18:08   #653
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/now-tv

If you haven't ever had an Entertainment Pass before (Sports/Movies don't count) you can pay £5 for a pass and get a £10 John Lewis voucher in return!

How difficult/easy would it be for those who have already had an Entertainment Pass to set up a duplicate account to take advantage of this offer? Would you have to buy a new box??

Thought that this might be useful for some
Old 12-06-2014, 10:17   #654
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

dont need a box, have set up 2 or 3 different accounts on the pc to take advantage of offers

and thanks for the info
Old 12-06-2014, 12:53   #655
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It will take quite a few years if were going off the US service , most of that is still repeats of shows that have already aired on US pay TV.
TV shows, by their very nature, are mostly going to be programmes that have already aired. However, a relatively small amount of original shows will be available as a result of commissions by Netflix, such as House of Cards and Star Trek.

I would imagine the films library will get brought up to date over the coming years, as the Sky exclusive contracts with the various film studios run out. Don't expect this until about 2018/19, though.
Old 12-06-2014, 13:38   #656
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Netflix have informed VM that, by the end of 2014, they will be subtitling 100% of their content.

Apparently, this has come about after pressure from the deaf community. They complained that, after being used to the amount of subtitle coverage on linear television, as technology moved on, they were going backwards.

Well done Netflix
Old 12-06-2014, 14:22   #657
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Indeed that is good. On the flipside I find the lack of audio description on various TV / streaming services quite irritating.

I realise I am in a fortunate situation in that my TV can read the subtitles out loud (not a brilliant voice but at least it means I can at least get a gist of what's going on). I get to test some exciting technology in this area and it's going to keep getting better. I'm sure most people don't have this though so I see TV accessibility as a work in progress.

I'd much rather have a proper audio description on more programs though.

In the last year or so for example the cinema that I go to has now got audio description on most showings which is great.
Old 12-06-2014, 14:51   #658
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
Indeed that is good. On the flipside I find the lack of audio description on various TV / streaming services quite irritating.

I realise I am in a fortunate situation in that my TV can read the subtitles out loud (not a brilliant voice but at least it means I can at least get a gist of what's going on). I get to test some exciting technology in this area and it's going to keep getting better. I'm sure most people don't have this though so I see TV accessibility as a work in progress.

I'd much rather have a proper audio description on more programs though.

In the last year or so for example the cinema that I go to has now got audio description on most showings which is great.
Yes, there is still much work to be done on various accessibility needs.

I've never heard of a television that can read out the subtitles before! Can you give me some details please, it would make a marvellous Christmas present for someone I know who is slowly losing her sight.

How does Audio Description work in a cinema
Old 12-06-2014, 15:03   #659
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I have a modified Panasonic Vierra smart TV.

As for the cinema - you get a Bluetooth headset which you take in with you. Just need to ask before the show starts. Most cinemas offer this now.

The only time I've not had a good experience with it was with Les Mis, generally it's quite good.

This doesn't show talking subtitles (as that's not standard) but it gives you an idea of how it talks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iJyh630aOQ
Old 12-06-2014, 17:50   #660
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
I have a modified Panasonic Vierra smart TV.

As for the cinema - you get a Bluetooth headset which you take in with you. Just need to ask before the show starts. Most cinemas offer this now.

The only time I've not had a good experience with it was with Les Mis, generally it's quite good.

This doesn't show talking subtitles (as that's not standard) but it gives you an idea of how it talks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iJyh630aOQ
Interesting, thanks for the info.
Closed Thread