Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football : Season 08/09

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football : Season 08/09
Closed Thread

Old 26-01-2009, 00:13   #646
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Re: Football : Season 08/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post
Argh... I want my Tottenham back.
You mean that this isn't the norm for them?
Advertisement
Old 26-01-2009, 00:13   #647
yesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
According to Sky sources; Spurs are to re-sign Pascal Chimbonda from Sunderland, my god what are Spurs doing, all they need to do is re-sign Robbie Keane from Liverpool, who walked out this afternoon, and we have the hat trick, with Defoe as well, l am a yido, but l think Harry needs his head examined.
If all the gossip is to be believed, Spurs will sign Keane in the next 48 hours.

But don't take my word for it.

Old 26-01-2009, 09:04   #648
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman View Post
If all the gossip is to be believed, Spurs will sign Keane in the next 48 hours.

But don't take my word for it.
not heard anything about Keane walking out on Liverpool. Is there a link to this anywhere ?
Old 26-01-2009, 12:00   #649
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

SSN reported that Keane is boycotting Liverpool.

Word has it is that Rick Parry wanted and bought Keane, not Rafa. This is why Rafa stipulated that he wants all influence on the team by Parry removed before he signs a new contract. Its also why he subs Keane at all opportunities to send a message to Parry.

I've got no real evidence to back it up, just Chinese rumours on Spurs and Liverpudlian forums atm. It does back up what Rafa said though regarding his contract.
Old 27-01-2009, 10:34   #650
arcamalpha2004

Re the Keane situation.

Nobody knows whether Keane was a player that Benitez wanted, but looking at how things are developing over the Benitez contract talks I would stick my head over the top and suggest that Keane was a Parry signing.

The young lad who took Keanes place on the bench was a Benitez player?
Someone feel free to correct me all Rafa would say was that this kid had scored two goals in a Reserve game so he felt he deserved his place.

This looks to me a battle between Benitez and Parry.

In my opinion a manager should have full control, the board turn around to the manager and say " Here, you have £x amount for transfers and wages, anything above that you have to sell "
That way the manager is judged correctly, you could have a situation where someone like Parry, who with all respect is not a Football Manager, gets off scot free if the team fails, who takes the can? the Manager ofcourse.

Even the late Bill Shankly had refused to take the job unless he was given full control of team affairs.

---------- Post added at 10:34 ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer View Post
not heard anything about Keane walking out on Liverpool. Is there a link to this anywhere ?

Keane has gone on record apparently as saying he wants to stay, its apparently in tonights Liverpool Echo.

Old 27-01-2009, 11:04   #651
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

thanks for the info on Keane, can't be nice for a player to go to a club and know he isn't wanted
Old 27-01-2009, 18:07   #652
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

As far as l know, Keane has been brought back into the squad, sad really, he is a brilliant player, and l cannot see him in the future with Liverpool, there is so much firepower with Liverpool, that he will be down in the pecking order, whereas, with Spurs he was gurranteed that each week.
Old 27-01-2009, 18:24   #653
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
there is so much firepower with Liverpool, .
Now you really are taking the p***.

Firepower, take away Gerrard and a fit Torres and whats left, sweet FA.
Old 27-01-2009, 20:43   #654
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Harry must have stuck a rocket up the team's backside its Spurs 3, Stoke 0, after twenty minutes,.

---------- Post added at 20:43 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

I might be taking the jimmy riddle, but its the Premier Title this year for Liverpool, and l don't support em'
Old 27-01-2009, 22:37   #655
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

4-1 to the Swans, premiership here we come

And United did well too

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 27-01-2009, 23:34   #656
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:

I might be taking the jimmy riddle, but its the Premier Title this year for Liverpool, and l don't support em'
Interesting time to make that prediction, as Utd go 3 points clear with a game in hand, setting the record for successive clean sheets while taking 22 points from their last 8 games compared to Liverpools 14
Old 27-01-2009, 23:37   #657
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Just watch the game on Sky, Rob Stiles is a very poor referee.
Old 28-01-2009, 10:06   #658
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/7855107.stm

Quote:
Robinho held over 'sex assault'
I wonder if this is the real reason for him vanishing back to South America for a few days..
Old 28-01-2009, 10:34   #659
sherer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/7855107.stm

I wonder if this is the real reason for him vanishing back to South America for a few days..
due to the large number of false claims against Prem players by people looking to make money off them I will hold fire on talking about this one
Old 28-01-2009, 10:52   #660
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae View Post
Interesting time to make that prediction, as Utd go 3 points clear with a game in hand, setting the record for successive clean sheets while taking 22 points from their last 8 games compared to Liverpools 14
I support Chelsea and even I don't see Utd not winning the Premiership this season. I think Liverpool will finish 3rd or 4th.
Closed Thread