Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]
View Poll Results: Will you be opting out of the Virgin Ad Deal?
Yes, Definitely. 958 95.51%
No, I am quite happy to share my surfing habits with anyone. 45 4.49%
Voters: 1003. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 13-05-2008, 22:49   #6526
mark777
Inactive

Services: 0.4 Mbps BB + Phone
mark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by icsys View Post
Don't get too excited...
...there has been an update to the blog.

Update: Virgin's spokesman says that there has "been no change" in Virgin's policy, which you can find at its Webwise page. That says

Virgin Media has signed a preliminary agreement with Phorm to understand in more detail how this technology works but we have not yet decided if it will be introduced.
Time for us (VM customers anyway) to send an e-mail congratulating them if this is true, but reminding them we will be ex-customers if not. And the BT customers won't be coming either.

Doing mine now.
Advertisement
Old 13-05-2008, 22:52   #6527
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

There may well be no change in VMs current policy. That certainly doesn't mean the rumour is not true though. It was stated that a Director made the comment and he/she may well have done but that nothing has been officially decided yet. Also just because their policy hasn't changed, doesn't mean it won't

Alexander Hanff
Old 13-05-2008, 23:05   #6528
mark777
Inactive

Services: 0.4 Mbps BB + Phone
mark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of light

Charles Arthur on his blog.

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/technolo...hun_phorm.html

Quote:
@tidlenny and others: "Also there is rumour that your good self had a live spat with Kent at the PIA forum a month ago and no videos have since been released. Is it true he maintains that The Guardian have not dropped Phorm?"

He did say that, and I asked him to clarify. He didn't.

The clarification is that the Guardian hasn't signed anything with Phorm, so in that sense it hasn't dropped Phorm - there was nothing to drop.
For the record, I wish to state that I have not divorced Kate Winslet.
Old 13-05-2008, 23:15   #6529
thebarron
Inactive

Services: VM 10mb, phone
thebarron is on a distinguished roadthebarron is on a distinguished road

Just a thought tonight while driving home. The major Supermarkets online shopping sites might object to Phorm profiling as the only time it goes https is at the point of purchase.

All the product selection is open to Phorm and could be relayed to a rival this would also include the shoppers previous selections over months of shopping (favourites).

I am sure Tesco would like to know what I use Sainsbury for.

I think an email is called for.
Old 13-05-2008, 23:20   #6530
BadPhormula
cf.addict

BadPhormula will become famous soon enoughBadPhormula will become famous soon enoughBadPhormula will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTLVictim View Post
What's the best site to look at to watch their shares tank in realtime if the rumour is true?
ADVFN will give you that live drubbing of shares that you require. You can sit there with all the flashing colours like the stuff you see on TV and the movies going up and down... and you can join in and pretend you are on the floor at the London Stock Exchange shouting BUY!!! SELL!!! BUY!!! SELL!!! at your screen

Old 13-05-2008, 23:20   #6531
davethejag
Inactive

davethejag has a spectacular aura about themdavethejag has a spectacular aura about themdavethejag has a spectacular aura about themdavethejag has a spectacular aura about them

Hi All, This is now getting phormnomenally exciting!!!

davethejag
Old 13-05-2008, 23:31   #6532
Paul Delaney

To attain the maximum impact wouldn't VM save any announcement concerning ditching webwise/phorm until BT's trial was underway? It would Insure that (presuming this was pre-planned) they had BT's gonads firmly on the trowel...

I know I would...

Old 13-05-2008, 23:37   #6533
Chroma
Inactive

Chroma is on a distinguished roadChroma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dephormation View Post
By co-incidence, just read this paragraph in 1984;
As O'Brien passed the telescreen a thought seemed to strike him. He stopped, turned aside and pressed a switch on the wall. There was a sharp snap. The voice had stopped.

Julia uttered a tiny sound, a sort of squeak of surprise. Even in the midst of his panic, Winston was too much taken aback to be able to hold his tongue.

" You can turn it off ! " he said.

" Yes ", said O'Brien, " we can turn it off. We have that privilege. "
Virgin, do yourself a favour. Turn it off.

Id like to see Kent wind up in the "ministry of love" if you follow me, id be awfully interested to find out what he thiks two plus two really equals.

Now ive watched the Alex V Kent video a good few times and somethings never sat quite right with me, ive been watching it repeatedly over and over to put my finger on exactly whats been irritating me and you know what? ive figured it out.

Its Kent, he looks to me like Walts version of Robin Hood.

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

Robbing the poor to pay the rich, just the backwards logic ive come to expect.
Phorm has now officialy RUINED MY CHILDHOOD
Old 13-05-2008, 23:46   #6534
Dephormation
Inactive

Services: Aquiss.net and loving it. No more Virgin Media, no more Virgin Phone, no more Virgin Mobile.
Dephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarron View Post

Barron sssshhh, FGS!!!

That's my plan for retiring to the Bahamas. Tell no one. Heavens if everyone reading this board finds out they'll all want a cut of the action...

You might want to mention this in your email...

http://www.bcs.org/server.php?show=ConBlogEntry.425

And when I say, retire to the Bahamas, I mean buying an island.

Pete.
Old 13-05-2008, 23:51   #6535
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array

another US bit of copy for NebuAd and a smattering of Phorm,
go over there and point out the tech points he skips over and have some fun helping inform the US readers of EXACTLY how these work.

its a shame we dont have a good tech report for the NebuAd DPI given they are sat in the Uk offices right now waiting on Phorm outcome here, its in our interests to not forget about them....

http://techliberation.com/2008/05/13...#comment-41782
Old 13-05-2008, 23:55   #6536
Dephormation
Inactive

Services: Aquiss.net and loving it. No more Virgin Media, no more Virgin Phone, no more Virgin Mobile.
Dephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarron View Post

Barron sssshhh, FGS!!!

That's my plan for retiring to the Bahamas. Tell no one. Heavens if everyone reading this board finds out they'll all want a cut of the action...

Pete.

Update; if you're a web master with logs from the trials in 2006/7 I've made an offer on badphorm to process your log data free of charge into an invoice for BT. I recommend a charge of £10-£100 per page impression for unlicenced copying during the two week trials (according to the value of your content, the cost of equivalent printed material, and a penalty fee for unlicenced use).
Old 13-05-2008, 23:59   #6537
BadPhormula
cf.addict

BadPhormula will become famous soon enoughBadPhormula will become famous soon enoughBadPhormula will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chroma View Post
Id like to see Kent wind up in the "ministry of love" if you follow me, id be awfully interested to find out what he thiks two plus two really equals.

Now ive watched the Alex V Kent video a good few times and somethings never sat quite right with me, ive been watching it repeatedly over and over to put my finger on exactly whats been irritating me and you know what? ive figured it out.

Its Kent, he looks to me like Walts version of Robin Hood.

Robbing the poor to pay the rich, just the backwards logic ive come to expect.
Phorm has now officialy RUINED MY CHILDHOOD

Please can you swap the order of your Kenthood picture so that the arrow is being shot through that d*ckheads ear!
Old 14-05-2008, 00:09   #6538
Dephormation
Inactive

Smile Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadPhormula View Post
Please can you swap the order of your Kenthood picture so that the arrow is being shot through that d*ckheads ear!
Kent reminds me more of Alan Rickman's Sheriff of Nottingham (arguably the finest performance of any evil villain you will ever see).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek_21...eature=related
Old 14-05-2008, 00:18   #6539
thebarron
Inactive

Services: VM 10mb, phone
thebarron is on a distinguished roadthebarron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dephormation View Post
Barron sssshhh, FGS!!!

Pete.
Thanks for the tip. email sent to Tesco. Will post reply if I get one.
I hope you do not get your trip to the Bahamas (this way anyway) but Brighton is nice this time of year.
Old 14-05-2008, 00:19   #6540
serial
Inactive

serial is on a distinguished roadserial is on a distinguished road

Does anyone else see the likeness of the younger Palpatine?

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Closed Thread