Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 20:39   #6391
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
Enjoy! It's a terrific piece of kit!
When it is working

Only joking it is brilliant
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2011, 22:36   #6392
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
When it is working

Only joking it is brilliant
Even the finest diamond is not without it's flaws!
Old 09-12-2011, 13:38   #6393
Kingofthedead4
Inactive

Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Kingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of society

I feel like a child again waiting for santa now.
Old 09-12-2011, 13:59   #6394
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthedead4 View Post
I feel like a child again waiting for santa now.
Old 09-12-2011, 14:07   #6395
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Sounds like a problem with quota on the system. I know TiVo is very popular, but that's not normal! lol
DF, do we have any statistics as how many Tivos are going to new customers or existing customers upgrading from the V+ box?
Old 09-12-2011, 14:25   #6396
dodgem22
cf.addict

Services: virgin tv phone and broadband giff gaff mobile
dodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about them

well my original tivo was returned some time ago due to issues it had with my LG tv im now thinking about trying Tivo again as I now have a panasonic tv but have things improved much since the latest update?

Sorry for not reading through thread way to many pages.
Old 09-12-2011, 16:54   #6397
dwarfofpoison
cf.addict

dwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of light

I've had the Virgin Tivo since February and until the 15.2 update I wouldn't have recommended it to anybody, I stuck with it and believe me Sky was a massive temptation. Now, I whole heartedly recommend this machine. So, so many nice little UI touches, good speed and great tuner use. I feel there's absolutely nothing out there to touch it, not even love or money could take the TiVo away...
Old 09-12-2011, 17:39   #6398
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
DF, do we have any statistics as how many Tivos are going to new customers or existing customers upgrading from the V+ box?
I think they are released in the Quarterly Results.
Old 09-12-2011, 17:42   #6399
fixerman
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
I think they are released in the Quarterly Results.
Thanks!
Old 11-12-2011, 12:16   #6400
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

found this info about making folders for films, not tried it myself so not sure how/if it works but its worth a try

http://vmhd.blogspot.com/2011/06/cre...r-tivo-my.html
Old 11-12-2011, 12:49   #6401
lee_mc
Inactive

Services: Cable since 199 T=L, TV=XL, BB=L, TIVO 500gb
lee_mc is an unknown quantity at this point

OK - Another very quick question.

Is there any way of emptying the deleted programs folder, without having to delete every individual item that's in there?

Pressing 'clear' on the folder doesn't work.

Thanks.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:52   #6402
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_mc View Post

Is there any way of emptying the deleted programs folder, without having to delete every individual item that's in there?

Thanks.
nope, not to my knowelage anyway
Old 11-12-2011, 13:02   #6403
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

Thanks.
But you don't need to, as any space they take will be re-used.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 11-12-2011, 13:03   #6404
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:

Thanks.
There isn't that I know of, but these will delete automatically, won't affect the amount of space you have for new recordings and, as far as I'm aware, won't be included in the calculation for the percentage of space used shown at the top of the "my shows" screen, so unless you have serious ocd then I guess there's no way to do it because there's no need to do it.

---------- Post added at 13:03 ---------- Previous post was at 13:03 ----------

Or, what Hugh said!
Old 11-12-2011, 17:36   #6405
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Getting my TiVo installed on Tuesday afternoon, has the live events been sorted now with the 15.2 update with no more booking online required? The reason I ask is on EPG 544 Live events info on my V+ the slate says to book online in the old way on TiVo!

Closed Thread