Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Post-Brexit Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Post-Brexit Thread
Closed Thread

Old 27-06-2016, 23:18   #586
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

I'm not sure what part of being on ignore you're finding so difficult to comprehend, RBMark.

Hint: it means I can't see what you write unless I choose to, which I don't because it's a waste of my time.

Still if you want to waste yours...
Advertisement
Old 27-06-2016, 23:21   #587
RBMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
I'm not sure what part of being on ignore you're finding so difficult to comprehend, RBMark.

Hint: it means I can't see what you write unless I choose to, which I don't because it's a waste of my time.

Still if you want to waste yours...
I generally respect what you say and Believe you're very intelligent, (don't agree always and make that very clear) but it's time to go to bed!

Old 27-06-2016, 23:21   #588
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Oh for gods sake ignitionnet not everyone cared about immigration stop acting like that was the only reason anyone voted leave.
No indeed, some seemed under the impression that we'd wake up one day part of an EU superstate despite having at least 2 separate legal mechanisms that ensured it couldn't happen, one of which triggers a referendum.

I picked on that scenario as a bunch of people seem up in arms about the prospect, nothing more. It wasn't meant to indicate that Gavin is a xenophobe and I apologise if that was the impression given.
Old 27-06-2016, 23:25   #589
RizzyKing

The goal of the EU is to become a federal superstate that's a fact so we couldn't have continued being a member if we didn't become part of the superstate so we voted out before getting kicked out. You can't have a federal EU with members not part of it and back in the 70's when people were told the EEC was just going to stay a trading group nothing more they believed that and look where we are now and where they plan to be in ten years time. The two don't go together so separation was always coming we might have jumped the gun but that's all.

Old 27-06-2016, 23:29   #590
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
The goal of the EU is to become a federal superstate that's a fact so we couldn't have continued being a member if we didn't become part of the superstate so we voted out before getting kicked out. You can't have a federal EU with members not part of it and back in the 70's when people were told the EEC was just going to stay a trading group nothing more they believed that and look where we are now and where they plan to be in ten years time. The two don't go together so separation was always coming we might have jumped the gun but that's all.
The EU was aware of that and had acknowledged the need for a different tier for us and perhaps others.

We weren't going to be kicked out. That'd require a unanimous vote which wouldn't happen.

As with everything else involved in the EU all of that stuff involves a bunch of bureaucracy. It's an inefficient pain in the backside but it does help prevent unpredictability.

Good grief. In the space of a week I've gone from devoutly looking to leave to actually defending the EU. I've been assimilated.
Old 27-06-2016, 23:53   #591
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

My ex partner was Italian and so is my eldest daughter. I also lived with them in Italy for a number of years but they all live over here now. I work for the NHS which as you know is multicultural and half the staff on my ward are filipinos which a lot of them are my friends we have weekends away etc.

I think you've got me far wrong on that agenda. My father-in-law is southern irish as well.

Not sure why you would suggest I stick a gun to my head? I'm happily married with kids one of them just 2 years old.
Old 28-06-2016, 06:31   #592
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
How?
By ensuring that areas where there are high immigrant populations are provided with additional resources to ensure that the needs of British nationals are not disadvantaged.

This would involve continuous demographic monitoring of immigrant populations and having a contingency fund which could be used on a rapid access basis to make the necessary provision in areas like schooling, health, employment etc.

We would have to make provision for immigrants but without disadvantaging local British national residents.

It's worth remembering that many immigrants come to the UK to set up businesses thus not only providing employment but also paying taxes, National Insurance contributions etc. and providing services.
Old 28-06-2016, 06:59   #593
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Looks like Sterling has hit the bottom for now. So at least there is that.
Old 28-06-2016, 07:23   #594
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society

It would really help if our politicians pulled their fingers out, put the needs of the nation first, delayed the summer recess and got the election of a PM sorted out promptly before our financial situation gets any worse.

The EU want us to get on but the new PM will need time to decide an appropriate course and strategy. That can only happen once the PM is elected, thus the election should be conducted now as a matter of urgency.
Old 28-06-2016, 08:05   #595
RBMark

https://youtu.be/-0WeURiShfU

---------- Post added at 08:05 ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 ----------

Post Brexit racist attack as reported by witness "Carlos" as English men shoutting racist abuse then viciously attacking polish father and son was in fact......

A polish man and Polish gypsy (that's how it's reported not 2 Polish men) attacking two Polish men in a drunken brawl, wonder what made Carlos the witness report it as specifically English men, not British or polish?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/135375...nken-punch-up/

Old 28-06-2016, 08:14   #596
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
It doesn't matter he gave the UK an option we chose he has to abide by that. he's the leader of this country until otherwise and has to make sure that everything he does is in the best interests of the country and it's people.
This is the big problem today that all politicians seem to have.

They don't serve the people or the country, they serve themselves - hence this is where we find ourself in a split country, with both main political parties self destructing.
Old 28-06-2016, 08:20   #597
Big Brian
Inactive

Big Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBMark View Post
https://youtu.be/-0WeURiShfU

---------- Post added at 08:05 ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 ----------

Post Brexit racist attack as reported by witness "Carlos" as English men shoutting racist abuse then viciously attacking polish father and son was in fact......

A polish man and Polish gypsy (that's how it's reported not 2 Polish men) attacking two Polish men in a drunken brawl, wonder what made Carlos the witness report it as specifically English men, not British or polish?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/135375...nken-punch-up/
Sick in the head is the best description for them. Say what you like in the privacy of your own home, and believe you me, I do, they have a right to be here. Yes some don't and will be dealt with in the proper legal manner. These 'people', for want of a better word, should be jailed for life and leave the rest of us and the immigrants to get on with it. What's next? I'm a Scot, will I be told to go forth and multiply if Scotland goes independent? Will I be an illegal immigrant in England?

---------- Post added at 08:20 ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
This is the big problem today that all politicians seem to have.

They don't serve the people or the country, they serve themselves - hence this is where we find ourself in a split country, with both main political parties self destructing.
So what's new? Hasn't it always been that way, with the acceptance of a very few in recent years?
Old 28-06-2016, 08:27   #598
RBMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brian View Post
Sick in the head is the best description for them. Say what you like in the privacy of your own home, and believe you me, I do, they have a right to be here. Yes some don't and will be dealt with in the proper legal manner. These 'people', for want of a better word, should be jailed for life and leave the rest of us and the immigrants to get on with it. What's next? I'm a Scot, will I be told to go forth and multiply if Scotland goes independent? Will I be an illegal immigrant in England?

---------- Post added at 08:20 ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 ----------

So what's new? Hasn't it always been that way, with the acceptance of a very few in recent years?
Did you read the comment and then the link? It wasn't racist it was Polish on Polish drunken fight.

Old 28-06-2016, 08:29   #599
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Deep joy !!!

There will be tax rises and spending cuts - Osborne

Today Programme
BBC Radio 4
Posted at
08:16
When are you having your emergency Budget, asks presenter Nick Robinson.

George Osborne denies he said there'd be one immediately after a Leave vote, but measures would be needed within a few months.

"We are absolutely going to have to provide fiscal security to people..."

Does that mean tax rises and spending cuts? "Yes, absolutely," replies the chancellor.
Old 28-06-2016, 08:42   #600
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Yeah but he won't be the one to implement them.
Closed Thread