Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 3d tv

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

3d tv
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2010, 09:10   #46
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,582
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: 3d tv

Apparently he did.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-06-2010, 09:26   #47
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,291
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Re: 3d tv

If I was getting married in a couple of months from now and spending 5k on a TV seriously dented my wedding/honeymoon budget, my missus to be would not be very happy!
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2010, 09:34   #48
peanut
NUTS !!
 
peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,323
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: 3d tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
If I was getting married in a couple of months from now and spending 5k on a TV seriously dented my wedding/honeymoon budget, my missus to be would not be very happy!
No that's why I asked. I know he was deemed bankrupt a few years ago, and that was when he was living at his parents, so how it came to that I don't know. I see that he just paid out over 2k on the never never for his new computer gear no less than 6 months ago and from what I can see going over his posts on here it seems like that's the normal way of purchasing for him.

Seems like he doesn't mind going into debt even though his upcoming wedding is just upon him.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but it seems he hasn't posted anything that he's found employment since he's disabled, I'm hoping (seriously) that he does know what he's doing and it is all above board. I just cannot by going over his posts come to a justifiable conclusion to why let alone how.
__________________
Oh what fun it is
peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2010, 09:34   #49
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,582
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: 3d tv

I'd be in deep trouble, budget or not. A 63" screen is obscenely huge in all but the very largest of living rooms.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2010, 11:01   #50
Barewolf
Inactive
 
Barewolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bromsgrove, Worcestershire
Age: 51
Services: Talk Talk 1.5mb wishing it was Virgin 20mb
Posts: 2,462
Barewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Barewolf
Re: 3d tv

Ok first of all lets get one thing clear, I'm not bragging, I asked a genuine question and infact I asked a similar question a few months back about 3D TV and if the colours were true and would you need glasses for them, but I got little response.

My choice to buy this TV came from a few factors.
first of all, it is a HDTV as well as a 3DTV, so I am not going to be losing anything by getting this updated version.

I am buying it out of the catalogue, so its buy now pay March, and it will be £35 a week, which I can afford. I also don't plan on getting another TV to replace it, why would I when its a 3D TV, and a HD TV.

It's also under warranty for 5 years, by which time it will be fully paid for, if after 3 years when its paid for, I decide to sell it, then it will still be under warranty when I do.

It's also going to make a big difference to how I play the PS3, as I'm getting the move, GTA5 and the other 3D Games as they come out.

We also don't watch movies on a regular basis, about once a week, but the movies due to be released we will be watching in 3D, but as I said before in earlier posts, I feel 3D is a bonus to HD, eventually when Sky 3D is released it will be more in use, but until then we have the releases of movies to keep us occupied.

It's not as if we won't be able to watch TV unless it's a 3D film or program.You also have the world cup in 3D.

Ive looked online and in other catalogues for 63" Plasma TV's and found the Majority of them are over 2 grand, there wasn't a huge gap in price from a normal HDTV to a 3DTV, with that screen size.

With all those factors in place it made me make up my mind, my question originally was what do you think if you were in a position to get one, would you? Your answers I took on board and you all said no, and why.

I didn't ask to be slated, whatever my question originally was doesn't justify bringing my future marriage into the equation, or the fact I "Used" to live in Wilmslow and that because it's a posh area then it's pocket change to me when it isn't.

I'm fully aware of the price, and if I had 6 grand in my hand I probably wouldn't buy it, I would get the garden finished, however that's not the case, and it's not going to affect my situation in March anymore than I am now, to me its enough to warrant getting it earlier so I can enjoy the games over Christmas, and whatever 3D Movies are released.

At the end of the day you only live once, in 6 Months time I could get hit by a bus, why put it off its within my reach to get it now. At the very least I can watch Final Destination, Friday the 13th, Monsters Vs Aliens, and there's a fair few more on blu-ray at the moment, but yes I agree there's not a huge library of content available yet, but they are releasing them all the time.

Another reason for buying it now is that when the price of 3DTV drops, you will find that HDTV will also drop, people will buy the 3DTV rather than HDTV especially if there's only a few hundred between the two, so selling my 50" Plasma I have now will probably only see me getting £150 for, If I sell it now I can get nearly it all back that I paid for it. That money can go towards paying a chunk of the new 3DTV.

So please in future don't start with the flame threads again, I asked a question, I weighed up your opinions, and I decided to get it based on what I just said, if you wish to believe its boasting then that's up to you, if I asked a question on buying a car would you say I was boasting? get real.

One of the reason I rarely post nowadays is because of flaming in the past, my piece is said, Ciao
Barewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2010, 11:06   #51
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.
 
dilli-theclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: 3d tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barewolf View Post
Ok first of all lets get one thing clear, I'm not bragging, I asked a genuine question and infact I asked a similar question a few months back about 3D TV and if the colours were true and would you need glasses for them, but I got little response.
This thread you mean - where you were answered within six minutes?
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2010, 11:08   #52
Stephen
Smeghead
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Glasgow
Age: 45
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 14,778
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: 3d tv

Monsters V Aliens is the only 3D Blu ray you can get at present. Final Destination and Friday the 13th are not in 3D. well The final destination is but the old type you watch with coloured specs. PS3 isn't due many 3D games till the start of next year. You should just stick with your 50" and forget about 3D for the time being.

Its a total waste of money going for 3D this year as we have all advised you. Any content won't be appearing till the end of the year and also 63" is WAY too big for a normal house. Have you taken measurements to make sure you can fit it where you want it and how far back you will be sitting from it?

At the end of the day its your decision but not a very clever one.
__________________
AMD Ryzen 7 7700 | 32GB DDR5 6000 | RADEON 7900XT | WD 2TB NVME
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2010, 11:09   #53
Barewolf
Inactive
 
Barewolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bromsgrove, Worcestershire
Age: 51
Services: Talk Talk 1.5mb wishing it was Virgin 20mb
Posts: 2,462
Barewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Barewolf
Re: 3d tv

and as i said "Little Response" I didnt mention anything about how long it took for a reply, in general "Little Response"
Barewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2010, 11:12   #54
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.
 
dilli-theclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: 3d tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barewolf View Post
and as i said "Little Response" I didnt mention anything about how long it took for a reply, in general "Little Response"
I never said you mentioned a length of reply. The response was little because it was answered immediately. Why do you need a discussion about it?

As you made the point it seems you only mentioned it as being a 'little response' because you are in some way aggrieved with the fact you didn't get an extended thread.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2010, 11:12   #55
zing_deleted
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 3d tv

did you use topcashback? if not you have missed out on £240 for the tv alone
  Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2010, 11:16   #56
Barewolf
Inactive
 
Barewolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bromsgrove, Worcestershire
Age: 51
Services: Talk Talk 1.5mb wishing it was Virgin 20mb
Posts: 2,462
Barewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Barewolf
Re: 3d tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Monsters V Aliens is the only 3D Blu ray you can get at present. Final Destination and Friday the 13th are not in 3D. well The final destination is but the old type you watch with coloured specs. PS3 isn't due many 3D games till the start of next year. You should just stick with your 50" and forget about 3D for the time being.

Its a total waste of money going for 3D this year as we have all advised you. Any content won't be appearing till the end of the year and also 63" is WAY too big for a normal house. Have you taken measurements to make sure you can fit it where you want it and how far back you will be sitting from it?

At the end of the day its your decision but not a very clever one.

It will fit perfect where we have the old one now, and we will be sat 16ft away.

---------- Post added at 12:16 ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas T View Post
I never said you mentioned a length of reply. The response was little because it was answered immediately. Why do you need a discussion about it?

As you made the point it seems you only mentioned it as being a 'little response' because you are in some way aggrieved with the fact you didn't get an extended thread.

No, I asked a question and wanted more discussion and information about the topic which i feel wasnt the case, hense i said the thread had little response.
Barewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2010, 11:17   #57
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,291
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Re: 3d tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barewolf View Post
and as i said "Little Response" I didnt mention anything about how long it took for a reply, in general "Little Response"
In all fairness you posted the thread yesterday just after midnight. You got quite a few responses by 8am, most advising you not to go for the 3D tv yet. You have bought it irrespective of any of the advice you received within a day of making your original post. So have you given anytime for people to respond properly? I think not, and it's unfair to crticise people for not responding - your threads not been going for more than 2 days.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2010, 11:18   #58
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.
 
dilli-theclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: 3d tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barewolf View Post

No, I asked a question and wanted more discussion and information about the topic which i feel wasnt the case, hense i said the thread had little response.
But you got the answer to the question you asked straight away, where's the problem?
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2010, 11:18   #59
Barewolf
Inactive
 
Barewolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bromsgrove, Worcestershire
Age: 51
Services: Talk Talk 1.5mb wishing it was Virgin 20mb
Posts: 2,462
Barewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Barewolf
Re: 3d tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
did you use topcashback? if not you have missed out on £240 for the tv alone
I didnt because we used Littlewoods in the end, and im not sure if they do that.
Barewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2010, 11:19   #60
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.
 
dilli-theclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: 3d tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
In all fairness you posted the thread yesterday just after midnight. You got quite a few responses by 8am, most advising you not to go for the 3D tv yet. You have bought it irrespective of any of the advice you received within a day of making your original post. So have you given anytime for people to respond properly? I think not, and it's unfair to crticise people for not responding - your threads not been going for more than 2 days.
The thread he is referring to in this instance was on the 23rd of the 4th.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:07.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum