You are here: Home | Forum | What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.
Location: Half in the corporeal, half in the etheral
Posts: 37,181
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzzlemonkey
Not even having part of your butcrack sliced open?
Well I've had the Chalfonts in the past so I can imagine it isn't pleasant...however my money is on the eye op being the nastier of the two but only just...
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
I think my Cancer at age 26 pales into insignificance after reading about all of you guys and girls on here with ongoing, long term illness.
Good luck and i hope you all get a cure or at least some relief from your various disibilities.
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,567
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzzlemonkey
How can you only have part of your butcrack sliced open??
How bigs your butcrack!?
Eh? the entire length of your ass, that's how long it is. I said crack, not hole. As it happens, mine was near the top of the crack, near the small of my back, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been ... until the wound got infected.
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson T
Well I'm going to answer that. But I'm going to use spoilers because I KNOW some people just don't want to know lol....
Spoiler:
For the operations I've had so far (which are not for the cataract (Which is /usually/ done awake)
They put you out. Ain't no one going near my eyes awake.
They get two or three drills - make a holes in the eye, suck out the jelly inside. Then they can scrape the damaged retina clean as they can get it with probes.
Then they sew the holes up and the eye fils up with liquid to replace what they took out
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
My better half has done the eye op under local anaesthetic thing but the worst i`ve ever had is my Carpals Tunnel Syndrome.
My "w.....s cramp" as she fondly calls it...........
Had the odd finger hanging off but that`s baby stuff compared to the pain i had during my first few months with the CTS.
I used to wake up screaming like a stuck pig every morning at about 3am.
The very first night had the wife and kids all awake & screaming like banshees too wondering wtf was wrong with me.
Quite funny in hindsight.
Unlike the big bloody javelin full of steroids i used to have injected into my wrists then scraped & scratched around until the "tunnels" were located.
After her eye op though it seems like much ado about nothing.
I was an odd case apparently,being so young and suffering in both wrists at the very same time.