Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Torchwood : Series 4 - Miracle Day (Starz)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Torchwood : Series 4 - Miracle Day (Starz)

Old 27-06-2011, 18:11   #46
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
re: Torchwood : Series 4 - Miracle Day (Starz)

I'll just watch it by other means. Don't want to wait, Internet will be awash by spoilers and they get episode 2 the day after we get the first one.
Old 27-06-2011, 18:54   #47
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
re: Torchwood : Series 4 - Miracle Day (Starz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
July the 14th is the UK date 6 Days after the US.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s8/to...ed-by-bbc.html
6 days?! Ha, screw that then. I'll be sticking with this thread. Anyone waiting for the BBC broadcast should remember that that will require a separate "UK Timeline" thread.

Done: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...e-day-bbc.html

BBC viewers should stay away from this thread once it's started in the US, as it will feature un-tagged spoilers.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:41   #48
watzizname
Inactive

Services: XL 60/3
watzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to all
Re: Torchwood : Series 4 - Miracle Day (Starz)

Just finished watching the first episode, and I'm relieved to say, it felt like a Torchwood episode..

I rather enjoyed it, and am quite looking forward to the next one now

The scene where Captain Jack appeared in the CIA records room, seemed very reminiscent of the Doctor Who moment where Sarah Jane stumbles upon The Doctor while trying to hide from the Krillitanes, in the episode School Reunion.. anyone else?

Although it did seem rather obvious there was a link between Jack and the episode's theme (however it happened) I'm glad they didn't try to cram the whole story into one episode.

Also, was expecting a whacking great Starz logo, and other nonsense popping up throughout, but it was as if I was watching a BBC rip, clean as a whistle.
watzizname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 13:42   #49
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

>>>>Spoiler Tags please!!!!! <<<<<<
Old 09-07-2011, 13:58   #50
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

No spoiler tags required. This thread is for discussing the US broadcasts. If you want to remain spoiler free until the UK broadcast then visit the following thread.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...e-day-bbc.html
Old 09-07-2011, 15:30   #51
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

The link between Jack and the rest of the world is clearly there but is certainly not the full picture, He wouldnt give it away in the very first episode.

- Jack's Immortality has gone
- At the exact moment Jack crashes the CIA computers and wipes them clean of everything Torchwood related, everyone ceases to die but he becomes mortal.
- 22:36

All I picked up on.
Old 09-07-2011, 21:36   #52
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Promising start to Torchwood Miracle Day, despite the Americanisation (or should that be "Americanization"?). I think it will be hard for it to live up to Children of Earth though...

So, some questions...

- Who would want to make everyone immortal, and why?

Or, perhaps more importantly...

- Who would want to make Jack mortal, and why?

- Why is the CIA involved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
The link between Jack and the rest of the world is clearly there but is certainly not the full picture, He wouldnt give it away in the very first episode.

- Jack's Immortality has gone
- At the exact moment Jack crashes the CIA computers and wipes them clean of everything Torchwood related, everyone ceases to die but he becomes mortal.
- 22:36

All I picked up on.
I thought that 22:36 was when the "Torchwood" email went through, not when Jack crashed the computers (a separate event)?
Old 10-07-2011, 00:40   #53
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

22:36 is on a seperate line as I couldnt link it first time round so Either you have it worked out or it needs a second viewing

Looks like another viewing is in order!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:39   #54
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Something I missed

The prisoner on death row surely has a lot more to do with the story and event than meets the eye otherwise why involve him in more than two scenes?

One showing him receiving the Lethal Injection and surviving, One showing him engaged in a conversation demanding release from prison and the other showing him released.

He is also the first person we see to cheat death.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:27   #55
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Bit of a non-story as those who know "The Face of Boe" will know the ending to this
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 14:21   #56
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Something I missed

The prisoner on death row surely has a lot more to do with the story and event than meets the eye otherwise why involve him in more than two scenes?

One showing him receiving the Lethal Injection and surviving, One showing him engaged in a conversation demanding release from prison and the other showing him released.

He is also the first person we see to cheat death.
It's also Bill Pullman, he's signed as a series regular in Torchwood

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 22:05   #57
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

I may have to watch the BBC version after all... apparently it's longer than the Starz version.
Old 14-07-2011, 10:36   #58
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

As much as I believe Oswald Danes has something to do with it, I can see him being a good guy for some reason.

The next parts are in spoiler tags because if I am correct it will be this complete series revealed already :P

Spoiler: 
Immortality.. Jack Harkness. Jack will confront a man that he thought was long dead. A mention of Three families is made and the plotline revolves around Immortality. The last episode is called The blood line. I remember quite well a two parter from Doctor Who called Family of Blood about Aliens trying to gain Immortality but he never killed them, just suspended them in time and as it speaks of Three families it could be possible they were rescued and this is what is happening.
A long shot but thats all I have until we get a bit further in.

I came up with this by reading the link below.

Spoiler: 
http://www.cultbox.co.uk/spoilers/episode-guides/1037-torchwood-miracle-day-episode-guide

I also get a strong feeling they are going to kill Jack at the end of this and re-invent the whole team.. American team. If that happens I have no intention of watching it again.
Old 14-07-2011, 21:46   #59
watzizname
Inactive

Services: XL 60/3
watzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to all

Quote:
As much as I believe Oswald Danes has something to do with it, I can see him being a good guy for some reason.
Entirely possible he's been set up by "the Governor" who ever that is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc
The next parts are in spoiler tags because if I am correct it will be this complete series revealed already :P

Spoiler: 
Immortality.. Jack Harkness. Jack will confront a man that he thought was long dead. A mention of Three families is made and the plotline revolves around Immortality. The last episode is called The blood line. I remember quite well a two parter from Doctor Who called Family of Blood about Aliens trying to gain Immortality but he never killed them, just suspended them in time and as it speaks of Three families it could be possible they were rescued and this is what is happening.
A long shot but thats all I have until we get a bit further in.
Wouldn't have thought spoiler tags were necessary for what is (for now at least) a theory?

But hey..
Spoiler: 
Would seem you don't remember the 2 parter quite as well as you think you do, given the second part was called Human Nature

Yeah, I am of course being petty.. It's certainly an interesting theory, and it might be the sort of thing RTD would come up with to reassure fans, that it's still the same show, in the same Whoniverse..

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc
I came up with this by reading the link below.

Spoiler: 
http://www.cultbox.co.uk/spoilers/episode-guides/1037-torchwood-miracle-day-episode-guide

I also get a strong feeling they are going to kill Jack at the end of this and re-invent the whole team.. American team. If that happens I have no intention of watching it again.
Really cant see them getting rid of John Barrowman to be honest, not unless they really want to lose a massive chunk of the shows fanbase.

But if they do lose the plot and decide to re-invent Torchwood by completely Americanizing it, I'll be switching off as well.
watzizname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 21:59   #60
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by watzizname View Post
But if they do lose the plot and decide to re-invent Torchwood by completely Americanizing it, I'll be switching off as well.
In the way you just Americanised the word 'americanised'?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote