Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The traditional CF voting intentions thread, week 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The traditional CF voting intentions thread, week 1
View Poll Results: If the election were held today, who would you vote for?
Labour 25 54.35%
Conservative 4 8.70%
Liberal Democrat 3 6.52%
Plaid Cymru OR SNP 1 2.17%
Reform UK 3 6.52%
Green 0 0%
NI - Unionist 1 2.17%
NI - Nationalist/Republican 0 0%
Other vote 2 4.35%
Will not vote 7 15.22%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 23-05-2024, 09:46   #46
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: The traditional CF voting intentions thread, week 1

I don't want to simply not vote Tory. I want to positively vote for someone, after all we cast our votes for a person not a party.

What would be good is a competent independent who will stand up for what the constituents want. Imagine parliament where the majority are independents! Chaos but interesting. It is being able to vote for independents and the odd parties that make UK politics more interesting and why I hate the idea of (national) PR.
Old 23-05-2024, 09:56   #47
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Until now I would vote for our local Tory MP but he is stepping down and the boundaries have changed. The Tory candidate covers a wider, geographic area or at least slightly different and supports policies that are more of a benefit to her older area than ours.

The local Tories have also given up on just positive campaigning, I don't care how bad the others are or will be, I want to know why I should vote for you not why I shouldn't vote for the others.

I don't want to vote for leftist parties. So it's a bit of a puzzle.
The only "leftist" Party you might have to vote for in Winchester are the Greens. Labour and Lib-Dems are solid centrist so I do not see your dilemma. Danny Chambers (LD) seem a solid, if slightly boring, choice.
Old 23-05-2024, 10:07   #48
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
I don't want to simply not vote Tory. I want to positively vote for someone, after all we cast our votes for a person not a party.
Ah well. Always worth a try.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 23-05-2024, 10:54   #49
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
These 6 weeks are going to feel like 6 months with the constant repetitive news of politics and bullshit. Not even 24 hours in and I'm already bored of it. I'm aiming to avoiding the news till it's all over.
Oh i don't know, the increasingly deepening desperation rhetoric/spin that hopefully will appear as the Tory party realise that they're plummeting to a loss or even better political oblivion should provide some comic relief in the proceedings ?
Old 23-05-2024, 11:08   #50
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

What would be good is a competent independent who will stand up for what the constituents want. Imagine parliament where the majority are independents! Chaos but interesting. It is being able to vote for independents and the odd parties that make UK politics more interesting and why I hate the idea of (national) PR.
But some forms of PR is more likely to give the Independents seats.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 23-05-2024, 11:09   #51
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

"The current choices are rubbish but I hate the idea of restructuring the system to change that" is an interesting take.
Old 23-05-2024, 11:25   #52
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

I think another 5 years of the Tories would mean 5 more years of in-fighting as MPs try to decide whether they want to be right of centre, or centre of the right. Even if they won, would Rishi still be PM in 12 months time or would there have been the successful plot to overthrow him?
Are Labour as united as they appear? What are their policies, other than top-level ideas? What would they do in government and - crucially - how will they do it?
As for the Lib Dems, I think they did some good work in the coalition and got an unreasonable amount of flak for it. But I want to see their policies too.
I don't think any of the others stood in my constituency last time. So, if the election was today. I probably wouldn't vote.
Old 23-05-2024, 14:48   #53
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
I probably wouldn't vote.
Naturally that is your right and nobody should take that away but surely not voting is increasing the chances of the rugby-Scrum party retaining at least some seats.

We need to see them obliterated at this election. Make them a minority party in parliament. Reward them for all their corruption, austerity and contempt they’ve shown for the common man.

I would strongly discourage anyone from not voting. Give one of the no-hopers a chance (and for once I’m not referring to the Conservatives). A non-vote is wasted opportunity punish this current shower.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 23-05-2024, 16:03   #54
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

I'll definitely be voting come election day. It's on my birthday and I'll be away on holiday so, for the first time, I'll be registering for a postal vote. I consider myself a floating voter and I expect parties to convince me to give them my vote. I just feel that, as things are today, I dont yet have enough information to make an informed decision. Thought there's a good six weeks to go yet, so it'll all fall into place.
Old 23-05-2024, 16:30   #55
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Just registered to vote by post, I've never done that before, it was a doddle and means hopefully I can do my bit to get this government out easier as I hated voting in person and often wouldn't bother.
Old 23-05-2024, 16:31   #56
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
I'll definitely be voting come election day. It's on my birthday and I'll be away on holiday so, for the first time, I'll be registering for a postal vote. I consider myself a floating voter and I expect parties to convince me to give them my vote. I just feel that, as things are today, I dont yet have enough information to make an informed decision. Thought there's a good six weeks to go yet, so it'll all fall into place.

I would have thought the events of last 14 years, and the actions of 5 Prime Ministers, 7 Chancellors of the Exchequer, 8 Foreign Secretaries, 8* Home Secretaries, 10 Education Secretaries, 11 Housing Secretaries, & 13 Culture Secretaries, might have provided a reasonable amount of information to make an informed decision.

Not sure what could happen in the next six weeks that could drastically alter an already formed opinion…

*2 of them the same person…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 23-05-2024, 16:42   #57
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Just registered to vote by post, I've never done that before, it was a doddle and means hopefully I can do my bit to get this government out easier as I hated voting in person and often wouldn't bother.
l have been voting by post for ther last 10 years and everything has always gone fine.

Just double check everything before you seal the envelopes.
Old 23-05-2024, 16:58   #58
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
I should hope you never voted you aren't in the UK and are ineligible to vote here
Ah man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman
"The current choices are rubbish...
Yup same here this time which is why I think its pointless to vote....
Old 23-05-2024, 17:03   #59
Ms NTL
cf.geek

Ms NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of society

Rishi knows Welsh people well

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/po...-gaffe-375425/
Old 23-05-2024, 17:29   #60
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I would have thought the events of last 14 years, and the actions of 5 Prime Ministers, 7 Chancellors of the Exchequer, 8 Foreign Secretaries, 8* Home Secretaries, 10 Education Secretaries, 11 Housing Secretaries, & 13 Culture Secretaries, might have provided a reasonable amount of information to make an informed decision.

Not sure what could happen in the next six weeks that could drastically alter an already formed opinion…

*2 of them the same person…
The question isn't who not to vote for though.
Closed Thread