Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 14-11-2011, 19:38   #5956
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

How can I find out which headend I am on? My area reference is 06? Is there a list somewhere?
Advertisement
Old 14-11-2011, 19:43   #5957
Helix
cf.addict

Services: Full House Bundle with Tivo V6
Helix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Choice View Post
It is still an impressive search feature even without music and the lack of metadata make sense for now (wonder what spotify will do though since online can search their database by singre/group/album?).
I don't think the Tivo Spotify App has search, it can just access playlists you have set up on your computer or mobile.
Old 14-11-2011, 19:58   #5958
Matty993
cf.member

Matty993 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
TiVo can already search VoD - except Music On Demand.
Thanks for that, it would be a very good feature if they could integrate Music on Demand and others apps like suggested by others.
Old 14-11-2011, 20:17   #5959
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco View Post
How can I find out which headend I am on? My area reference is 06? Is there a list somewhere?
You're on Basildon.

Incidentally, the area references is just the billing system number, and often doesn't indicate where you are. But handily you filled in your Location.
Old 14-11-2011, 20:21   #5960
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
You're on Basildon.

Incidentally, the area references is just the billing system number, and often doesn't indicate where you are. But handily you filled in your Location.
Thanks!
Old 14-11-2011, 20:55   #5961
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
wonder what spotify will do though since online can search their database by singer/group/album?
Spotify is going to be an app, so to start with will be standalone from the rest of the menus I expect

Although who knows what could happen in the future
Old 14-11-2011, 22:30   #5962
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Quick question does any old ntl/vm remote controls work with TiVo in relation to basic functions, channel changing etc? My dad loves his old blue NTL one, which the engineer left when we had our V+ installed.

Old 14-11-2011, 22:32   #5963
Jameseh

They do work but there are so many buttons missing that you pretty much have to use a TiVo one.

Old 15-11-2011, 14:25   #5964
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Just had a message on the tivo box saying update happening at 2am any day between 17th to 24th Nov.
Old 15-11-2011, 14:32   #5965
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Several people are receiving this message on Tivo foruma s well now so looks all go for the 15.2 update starting in 2 days time.

Where do you live? I am in Nottingham which should mean I am in the first group.
Old 15-11-2011, 14:35   #5966
Helix
cf.addict

Services: Full House Bundle with Tivo V6
Helix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really nice

I got the message too and I come under the Luton area.

Its a bit poor of them giving a timespan of a week and then saying any recordings planned for the time of the update will fail. Doesn't affect me but I don't know why they can't send an another message out the evening before your update is due, as surely by that point they will know if the update is going to go ahead or not.
Old 15-11-2011, 14:41   #5967
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack

Just had the message here roll on 21st.
Old 15-11-2011, 14:54   #5968
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:

Where do you live?
Chelmsford.
Old 15-11-2011, 15:01   #5969
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Several people are receiving this message on Tivo foruma s well now so looks all go for the 15.2 update starting in 2 days time.

Where do you live? I am in Nottingham which should mean I am in the first group.
im Notts area as well and also get it 1st, i hope it does improve perfromance
Old 15-11-2011, 16:08   #5970
tonycee
cf.member

Services: V6 100 broadband
tonycee is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Just had a message on the tivo box saying update happening at 2am any day between 17th to 24th Nov.

I got the message this morning in Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Closed Thread