Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 30-05-2015, 12:59   #571
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhook View Post
Done clean installs and everything

Anyway installed 10125 US cortana does not work I expected that. Went into update and downloaded the 10130 update extracted the install.esd and converted it to iso but allowed the update to continue and low and behold I am now on 10130 US. However in between I decided to update my bios as this was literally the only thing I did not try previous so it could be that. I will ghost this and try again with the gb 10130 iso I created earlier
did a clean install here too uploaded en-gb ISO to my onedrive to share if anyone want a link can pm me and I send link
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-05-2015, 13:03   #572
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Tried reseting a pin but it won't let me do that either, atleast loads of other people on the feedback hub have this problem to.
Old 30-05-2015, 13:06   #573
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Tried reseting a pin but it won't let me do that either, atleast loads of other people on the feedback hub have this problem to.
I just set one up on mine to try it worked fine
Old 30-05-2015, 13:51   #574
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
I just set one up on mine to try it worked fine
My problem is i already had 1 setup, it doesn't give me the option to use it as there is no 'use' box and i can't delete it from the 'i forgot pin' box as i then can't close the settings window, it just beeps at me.

---------- Post added at 13:51 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

This is by far the worst build for me so far i just can't do anything with regard to my user account.

1. explorer.exe error when closing down.
2. Can't login with a 4 digit pin.
3. Can't delete my old 4 digit pin.
4. If i try option 3 from the old control panel i get a window popup asking me to re enter my password, and i do and it keeps asking me to re enter the bloody thing over and over again.
5. I wanted to verify my account on this pc and the above happens!

Atleast the normal windows experience works so that is something, but i understand i am using preview software so things like this are expected but they seem to be causing more little problems with each build, i can't see this being ready for mid July.

Old 30-05-2015, 14:07   #575
johnhook
Permanently Banned

johnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about them

Bios update fixed it. It was an old bios but I am a believer in if it isn't broken do not fix it. Guess something was broken
johnhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2015, 14:43   #576
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Bios update fixed it. It was an old bios but I am a believer in if it isn't broken do not fix it. Guess something was broken
Glad you sorted it.

---------- Post added at 14:43 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

Another problem for me, when i deleted a different user account while trying to fix the PIN problem it also deleted all my icon settings for my start menu on the main account so had to add them all in again.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:32   #577
johnhook
Permanently Banned

johnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about them

early stages of upgrade system going into place. A good portion of Win 7 and 8 users will find a new windows icon in your taskbar this is a new windows 10 upgrade reservation system

http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/operat...-for-everyone/

---------- Post added at 09:31 ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 ----------

just booted into mine and it is not here though

---------- Post added at 10:05 ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 ----------

RTM date 29th July

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwin...le-on-july-29/

---------- Post added at 10:32 ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 ----------

Reboot and the app was there. Reserved my upgrade
Old 01-06-2015, 12:38   #578
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Not sure whether to risk it on my old slow dodgy windows 7 laptop.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:54   #579
Dave42
cf.mega poster

windows 10 to launch 29th July

http://www.winbeta.org/news/free-win...july-29th-2016

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/w...e-29-july-2015
Old 01-06-2015, 13:07   #580
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
early stages of upgrade system going into place. A good portion of Win 7 and 8 users will find a new windows icon in your taskbar this is a new windows 10 upgrade reservation system

http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/operat...-for-everyone/

---------- Post added at 09:31 ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 ----------

just booted into mine and it is not here though

---------- Post added at 10:05 ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 ----------

RTM date 29th July

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwin...le-on-july-29/

---------- Post added at 10:32 ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 ----------

Reboot and the app was there. Reserved my upgrade
Yep - just appeared on my PC, and I've reserved my upgrade.

I'll do the same on my lad's laptop.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 13:15   #581
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

What version preview are others on? I'm still on 10074, there have been 5 attempts to upgrade but each fail. The UK version on MS site still shows 10074 as latest build.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 13:30   #582
johnhook
Permanently Banned

2 and half hours after I posted it lol
Old 01-06-2015, 13:31   #583
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Yep - just appeared on my PC, and I've reserved my upgrade.
You can reserve an upgrade???
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 13:34   #584
johnhook
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
You can reserve an upgrade???
yes an app installs on qualifying machines you can reserve the upgrade and it will notify and download when available

---------- Post added at 13:34 ---------- Previous post was at 13:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
What version preview are others on? I'm still on 10074, there have been 5 attempts to upgrade but each fail. The UK version on MS site still shows 10074 as latest build.
that is the most recent Slow Ring release. If you want to go to 10130 you will need to set yourself on the Fast ring
Old 01-06-2015, 14:45   #585
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
10130 is the latest on the fast ring, you should clean install the next one, possibly another build later this week.