Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football : Season 08/09

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football : Season 08/09
Closed Thread

Old 14-01-2009, 21:12   #571
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Re: Football : Season 08/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Papa smurf, When l started gooing to Tottenham, it cost me £8-00 to get into the terraces, l know this was a long time ago, But my son bought three tickets to go to the Wigan FA Cup game, it cost him £45.00 for each ticket, and that was for a poor view.

If you go to a grade one game ie Arsenal, Chelsea is can cost as much £60.00 each and that will be the cheapest.

It is about time the Football Supporters Association, say's to the Premier League enough is enough concerning the prices of going to a game.
Wow that is pricey, maybe becuase it's a London club?

I went to old trafford recently a ticket for me cost £35 and i got two youth tickets for £10 each. I was quite happy to pay that amount.
Advertisement
Old 14-01-2009, 21:41   #572
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
Wow that is pricey, maybe becuase it's a London club?

I went to old trafford recently a ticket for me cost £35 and i got two youth tickets for £10 each. I was quite happy to pay that amount.
Its more to do with the number of seats than anything. With 75,000 available, you can sell them for less and still make more more per game than a 36,000-seater stadium. Its one reason for the push to get a new stadium.

Its not always as bad as Arthur said. I went to see Spurs v Wigan in the FA cup and the tickets cost me £20 each for adults in south lower. That was a special offer though. Normally I pay around £30-35/seat to sit in south lower, but they aren't premium games. If I want to sit in the west stand, then it does cost more (normally around £45+), especially around the centre line. The same goes for OT, i'm sure. Where were the £35 tickets you bought?
Old 14-01-2009, 21:55   #573
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post
Its more to do with the number of seats than anything. With 75,000 available, you can sell them for less and still make more more per game than a 36,000-seater stadium. Its one reason for the push to get a new stadium.

Its not always as bad as Arthur said. I went to see Spurs v Wigan in the FA cup and the tickets cost me £20 each for adults in south lower. That was a special offer though. Normally I pay around £30-35/seat to sit in south lower, but they aren't premium games. If I want to sit in the west stand, then it does cost more (normally around £45+), especially around the centre line. The same goes for OT, i'm sure. Where were the £35 tickets you bought?
They were East stand tier 2, so behind the goal. They are generally what you pay for any premier league tickets at OT, they range from £25 to £45 which is the most you will pay, apart from corporate. Most of the non season ticket areas where members get tickets are in the areas where they are about £35. Youth tickets where ever they are are £10 which i think is really good. The prices for other competitions are different though, i think carling cup and fa cup are cheaper and champions league games get progressively more expensive through the competition.

I think one of the worst things a club does, which i've heard a lot of mid to lower table clubs do, is charge extra for games against the bigger clubs. They claim it's because they lower the prices of tickets for smaller matches, but thats rubbish, they know that people will pay more for the big games and exploit them, thankfully they don't do this at OT.
Old 14-01-2009, 22:02   #574
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
They were East stand tier 2, so behind the goal. They are generally what you pay for any premier league tickets at OT, they range from £25 to £45 which is the most you will pay, apart from corporate. Most of the non season ticket areas where members get tickets are in the areas where they are about £35. Youth tickets where ever they are are £10 which i think is really good. The prices for other competitions are different though, i think carling cup and fa cup are cheaper and champions league games get progressively more expensive through the competition.

I think one of the worst things a club does, which i've heard a lot of mid to lower table clubs do, is charge extra for games against the bigger clubs. They claim it's because they lower the prices of tickets for smaller matches, but thats rubbish, they know that people will pay more for the big games and exploit them, thankfully they don't do this at OT.
I don't think its much different charging more to see Man Utd, than it does to charge more to see Real Madrid in the CL. Anyway, how can Man Utd charge more to see bigger clubs in the EPL? There are no bigger clubs. Anyway, tickets ought to be cheap at OT, think of the fans travelling costs

BTW, at WHL, the goals are in front of the north/south stands if that makes things a bit clearer.
Old 14-01-2009, 22:07   #575
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
I have to say I'm finding rather satisfying that the blue half expected to sign the greatest players in the world and are erm....finding it slightly difficult so far
Though it is reported (bbc sports)

Quote:
Kaka earlier vowed to stay at AC Milan but his advisor, Diogo Kotscho, says he is open to offers from Manchester City.
I'm a MCFC fan, have been all my life (but I am a mancunian unlike all the MUFC fans :p (I wonder if Russ will bite )) and personally I wonder if all this is just Robinho's threatening his usual "bring in my mates from Brazil otherwise I won't be happy and will leave" which has been reported before
Old 14-01-2009, 22:15   #576
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
(I wonder if Russ will bite ))
Ha! See? I knew you'd want me to de-lezz you one day!!!

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 14-01-2009, 22:23   #577
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
Ha! See? I knew you'd want me to de-lezz you one day!!!
Oh dear, there goes that flying pig again.....

Old 14-01-2009, 22:24   #578
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post
I don't think its much different charging more to see Man Utd, than it does to charge more to see Real Madrid in the CL. Anyway, how can Man Utd charge more to see bigger clubs in the EPL? There are no bigger clubs. Anyway, tickets ought to be cheap at OT, think of the fans travelling costs

BTW, at WHL, the goals are in front of the north/south stands if that makes things a bit clearer.
But there are set prices already at OT for matches, so if we drew Real Madrid in the group stage of the Champions league, the ticket prices will be for the group stage of the champions league, not 'Big club ticket price'. I didn't mean bigger clubs, i meant big clubs, so the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and City. The prices for those games are the same as games against small clubs like spurs

I can understand clubs charging slightly more when they play bigger clubs but i've heard of instances where they've doubled ticket prices in some cases which is wrong and those price increases are also for away fans. So if you support a big club and go to away games you pay more than if your a supporter of a smaller club and go to away games, how is that fair?
Old 14-01-2009, 22:37   #579
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Though it is reported (bbc sports)

I'm a MCFC fan, have been all my life (but I am a mancunian unlike all the MUFC fans :p (I wonder if Russ will bite ))
I've been a Man Utd fan since 1958 and live in the area.

In fact most Man City fans live in Stockport & Oldham.

Its also a fact that as a percentage, Man Utd have more season ticket holders living at Manchester postcode addresses than Man City.

Bad news from Sir Alex..Rooney will be out for at least 3 weeks with a hamstring injury.

Jim.
Old 14-01-2009, 23:01   #580
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

Oh bloody 'ell Southend, you couldn't hang on to that 1-0 lead, couldya!
Old 14-01-2009, 23:29   #581
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic

Quote:
i meant big clubs, so the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and City
Don't think I've seen those 3 words in the same sentence before.
Old 14-01-2009, 23:32   #582
punky
Inactive

Quote:
But there are set prices already at OT for matches, so if we drew Real Madrid in the group stage of the Champions league, the ticket prices will be for the group stage of the champions league, not 'Big club ticket price'. I didn't mean bigger clubs, i meant big clubs, so the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and City. The prices for those games are the same as games against small clubs like spurs
Its the same principal at work here. Spurs vs A*****l is more of a draw than Spurs vs West Brom. Likewise, a CL semi-final is more of a draw than 2nd round CC or a bog standard EPL match.

Quote:
I can understand clubs charging slightly more when they play bigger clubs but i've heard of instances where they've doubled ticket prices in some cases which is wrong and those price increases are also for away fans. So if you support a big club and go to away games you pay more than if your a supporter of a smaller club and go to away games, how is that fair?
Its economics though as I said. Take it revenue per seat basis. If you have a 75,000 seater stadium, you can charge a small amount to fans and earn a large amount. If you have a 36,000 seater you have to charge more to try and level the playing field. If you are Wigan and only have 25k, its even harder. It all helps when you have to try and lure players to your club to compete with the likes of Ronaldo on 120k a week.
Old 15-01-2009, 09:28   #583
Kymmy
Inactive

Quote:
Manchester City have sensationally withdrawn their bid for Kaka, and will instead unveil another signing from Serie A in the next 48 hours - "not in the Kaka league".
From the BBC gossip pages...No idea as to the accuracy..
Old 15-01-2009, 09:48   #584
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Quote:
From the BBC gossip pages...No idea as to the accuracy..
Quote:
Manchester City have sensationally withdrawn their bid for Kaka
More like Kaka was not intrested!!
Old 15-01-2009, 10:03   #585
Kymmy
Inactive

You mean he wasn't interested in the wages...(hold on a mo whilst I try to stop laughing)

More likely though to be the reported get out clause his agent is trying to impose
Closed Thread