Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2022, 23:54   #556
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Discovery Science Italia has close on Sky Italy and Italy base Cable Networks as of March 1st 2022.

Will the UK Channel be next?
MB, the way you quoted there makes it unintentionally look like Legendkiller2k said those things when it was mostly you. Just a heads-up up, as many reading it won't remember your original post, or context, as it's a few pages back.
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2022, 01:38   #557
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
MB, the way you quoted there makes it unintentionally look like Legendkiller2k said those things when it was mostly you. Just a heads-up up, as many reading it won't remember your original post, or context, as it's a few pages back.
I'm innocent lol,
but honestly i do miss working in that industry but gaming has always been my passion and i had to grab the opputunity that came.
I do keep in touch with a few from old work place nothing that hasn't already been mentioned tbh aka ad tier of Disney+, W going fta and on freeview too but if i do get anything i will be sure to let you guys know.
Old 06-03-2022, 10:25   #558
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
I'm innocent lol,
but honestly i do miss working in that industry but gaming has always been my passion and i had to grab the opputunity that came.
I do keep in touch with a few from old work place nothing that hasn't already been mentioned tbh aka ad tier of Disney+, W going fta and on freeview too but if i do get anything i will be sure to let you guys know.
Greatly appreciated.
Old 06-03-2022, 13:44   #559
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I was looking for the first post with "Discovery Science" in it.

I was not meaning LK 2K.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 07-03-2022, 18:39   #560
Chris James
cf.member

Chris James is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally, tonight's South Today is full HD. Probably the same for South East Today
Old 08-03-2022, 08:13   #561
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris James View Post
Finally, tonight's South Today is full HD. Probably the same for South East Today
If it's anything like the London regional programme(s) then it's a mishmash of full HD and upscaled SD. Not having to switch channels is a huge improvement on what went before, though.
Old 08-03-2022, 08:55   #562
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris James View Post
Visiting family at the moment and saw that South and South East were merged together on Sunday. Couldn't see any reason for it but that could explain it.
Old 08-03-2022, 10:41   #563
Chris James
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
If it's anything like the London regional programme(s) then it's a mishmash of full HD and upscaled SD. Not having to switch channels is a huge improvement on what went before, though.
To be honest, 90% was HD. Two of the outside items were (upscaled) SD, but all studio segments were HD, including newsreading, week-end football action (goals from about a dozen matches from Sky and Quest sources) and weather pictures and forecast. I don't know if it's only the South that went this way, what happened in the other regions?
Old 08-03-2022, 12:56   #564
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Visiting family at the moment and saw that South and South East were merged together on Sunday. Couldn't see any reason for it but that could explain it.
First seen on January 8th (Digital Spy)

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...ment/100257721

---------- Post added at 12:56 ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 ----------

What merge just a local News or is a merge channel called BBC SSE?
Old 08-03-2022, 13:43   #565
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
[/COLOR]What merge just a local News or is a merge channel called BBC SSE?
It was specifically titled 'BBC South and South East Today' for the local news, but isn't showing in any of the listings as that.
Old 08-03-2022, 13:46   #566
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
It was specifically titled 'BBC South and South East Today' for the local news, but isn't showing in any of the listings as that.
Maybe it just a weekend thing - January 8th was on a Weekend.

I know STV merge STV News at weekends (And Bank Holidays).

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 08-03-2022 at 13:56.
Old 08-03-2022, 15:28   #567
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

It was 'BBC South Today and BBC South East Today' in the opening titles and the presenter says "Welcome to BBC South viewers who join us this weekend".

It must have been planned as captions were ready -so maybe scheduled only for the one weekend. The Sunday before was 'BBC South'. I have the recordings for a couple of weeks.

Was back to BBC South on Monday.

Quote:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0628.JPG (126.4 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by ozsat; 08-03-2022 at 15:35.
Old 08-03-2022, 15:31   #568
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
It was 'BBC South Today and BBC South East Today' in the oprning titles and the presenter says "Welcome to BBC South viewers who join us this weekend".

Was back to BBC South on Monday.
Thanks, my memory obviously needs work
Old 08-03-2022, 16:23   #569
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

NBC News now launching on Virgin later this month
https://variety.com/2022/tv/global/n...ia-1235198633/
Old 08-03-2022, 16:55   #570
Chris James
cf.member

Quote:
Thanks, my memory obviously needs work
This combined news has happened several times recently, always at week-ends. BBC South was never the host, either the South East, or I can remember when on one occasion BBC London hosted the joint news bulletins. Surely the reason can only be that work was ongoing at the studio in Southampton getting ready for HD. That's why I wondered if South-East had gone HD?
Closed Thread