Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus (OLD)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coronavirus (OLD)
Closed Thread

Old 14-09-2020, 12:24   #5566
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coronavirus

So, this is now affecting me personally.

My son has develpoed a cough. Hopefully nothing serious but I'm having to keep him off of school. NHS told us to get him tested.

There are no tests available. None.

We're in Liverpool, we've been directed to a test centre in Doncaster. The Doncaster test centre has no tests available until September 26th.

What a shambles.
Advertisement
Old 14-09-2020, 12:31   #5567
downquark1
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FFTC
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
So, this is now affecting me personally.

My son has develpoed a cough. Hopefully nothing serious but I'm having to keep him off of school. NHS told us to get him tested.

There are no tests available. None.

We're in Liverpool, we've been directed to a test centre in Doncaster. The Doncaster test centre has no tests available until September 26th.

What a shambles.
I think it told me that over the weekend but suddenly worked on Monday. Try again
Old 14-09-2020, 12:49   #5568
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Also can you order a home test or are those all taken?
Old 14-09-2020, 14:11   #5569
Kushan

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by downquark1 View Post
I think it told me that over the weekend but suddenly worked on Monday. Try again
Just going to keep trying. The school is trying to get him a test as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Also can you order a home test or are those all taken?
All taken, it seems. Have tried every avenue we can think of.

Luckily aside from a bit of a cough, he's not bothered, but doesn't bode well given he's been back at school for a whole 6 days.

A couple of people at the school have remarked that this always happens when the kids go back, they always get ill and classrooms are a nightmare for sickness - which I agree with, but my worry is that this just goes to show that if COVID does hit a school, it'll run right through it.
Old 14-09-2020, 14:29   #5570
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I wonder if people's inability to get a test could be linked to this report in The Guardian yesterday. Not much point in giving tests if they can't get processed?

Quote:
snippet... The government’s coronavirus testing programme is dealing with a backlog of 185,000 swabs, with tests being sent to Italy and Germany as local labs are overwhelmed.

Not even a week after the government was forced to apologise for continuing delays to Covid testing, the Department of Health and Social Care insisted on Sunday that the capacity of the NHS test-and-trace system was the highest it had ever been but there was a “significant” demand for tests......

On Saturday, exasperated parents in England complained of a test-and-trace system still in “shambles”, with some struggling to secure testing slots for their children who have developed symptoms since returning to school.

Although the head of NHS test and trace apologised on Tuesday to people in England who have either been unable to secure a coronavirus test or been told to go to drive-through centres hundreds of miles away, many people trying get a test this week were met with an error message telling them to try again and warning them not to call the helplines.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...re-overwhelmed
Old 14-09-2020, 17:58   #5571
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

And it's getting worse: https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/uk/corona...d-19-symptoms/

Quote:
There are currently no coronavirus tests available for people with symptoms in any of the top ten Covid-19 hotspots in England, it can be revealed.
Old 14-09-2020, 18:43   #5572
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Monday 14 September 2020, 3:36pm

Quote:
Matt Hancock attempted to restrict coronavirus tests in Scotland, Nicola Sturgeon says
https://www.itv.com/news/2020-09-14/...-sturgeon-says
Old 14-09-2020, 19:04   #5573
Kushan

Someone should be sacked over this whole ordeal.
Old 14-09-2020, 19:08   #5574
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Are yes, the age old answer to everything, because that always solves the problem

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 14-09-2020, 19:13   #5575
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Just going to keep trying. The school is trying to get him a test as well.

All taken, it seems. Have tried every avenue we can think of.

Luckily aside from a bit of a cough, he's not bothered, but doesn't bode well given he's been back at school for a whole 6 days.

A couple of people at the school have remarked that this always happens when the kids go back, they always get ill and classrooms are a nightmare for sickness - which I agree with, but my worry is that this just goes to show that if COVID does hit a school, it'll run right through it.
Just keep him away from the grannies. Hopefully you will all be ok.

---------- Post added at 19:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

Quote:
Frustrating as it is, these things take time to set up. With luck we will have a good system in place within a few weeks, but sadly too late for you guys.
Old 14-09-2020, 19:15   #5576
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

If anyone gets fired it'll be some lacky anyway.

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Frustrating as it is, these things take time to set up. With luck we will have a good system in place within a few weeks, but sadly too late for you guys.
Yes if only there was some sort of clue that we might need this.
Old 14-09-2020, 19:15   #5577
Kushan

Thanks, OLD BOY. Relatively sure it's just a regular cough, no other symptoms but we'll just wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Are yes, the age old answer to everything, because that always solves the problem
I think in a situation where testing is so fundementally important to save lives, not having enough provisions for it more than 6 months since Lockdown began is inexcusable. Someone somewhere has made a colossal error, possibly a series of errors from a series of people and it should definitely be investigated.

Track & Trace doesn't work if you can't test people.
Old 14-09-2020, 19:31   #5578
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Ah yes, I forgot you have subscribed to the paranoia.

The very small minority who get really ill will end up in hospital, where they can be treated properly, and as part of that, it will be verified if its down to CV19.

The vast majority of people will get a few symptoms, perhaps feel a little ill, and shake it off.
In fact, your own previous posts were telling us how we are all likely getting immune to it without even knowing.

Its amazing how many members of this forum would manage to do so much better, after the fact of course.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 14-09-2020, 19:39   #5579
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Its amazing how many members of this forum would manage to do so much better, after the fact of course.
We're not employed to do better nor are we responsible for it. They are.
Old 14-09-2020, 19:44   #5580
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Thanks, OLD BOY. Relatively sure it's just a regular cough, no other symptoms but we'll just wait and see.

I think in a situation where testing is so fundementally important to save lives, not having enough provisions for it more than 6 months since Lockdown began is inexcusable. Someone somewhere has made a colossal error, possibly a series of errors from a series of people and it should definitely be investigated.

Track & Trace doesn't work if you can't test people.
Not really. You may recall that there were issues about the accuracy of the tests. This is not as straight forward as some would have us believe.
Closed Thread