Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 25-05-2015, 10:18   #541
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhook View Post
All the Leaked builds I have tried have been US install and no language packs available and this stops things working.
Yes i was going to ask about that, well i will just be patient.

---------- Post added at 10:18 ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
yes just downloaded it will try it on spare hard drive later when I get back home
Good luck.
Old 25-05-2015, 12:53   #542
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhook View Post
All the Leaked builds I have tried have been US install and no language packs available and this stops things working.
yes that's one I got the US one looking for a GB one before I decide to try it

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 ----------
Dave42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2015, 10:37   #543
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I know it is minor but i miss not having a traditional clock face when clicking the clock in Windows 10 as i found it easier to visually count hours on it.

---------- Post added at 10:37 ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 ----------

GODMODE works in windows 10, personally i didn't even know what it was, i must have been living under a stone with other OSes!

For anyone that doesn't know what it is it just creates a list of all windows features into 1 list making it far easier to find what you want.

To activate GODMODE, create a folder and name it, GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

You must have the full bolded part as its name.
Old 26-05-2015, 13:03   #544
johnhook
Permanently Banned

johnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about them

I use a rainmeter clock
johnhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2015, 00:03   #545
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

Sounds like there should be a new slow ring build approaching, but according to some sites it won't be 10125 ... getting ready to jump, having seen mention that it should be possible to upgrade from Preview to final ... that may be my best shot at getting a dual boot, if it will qualify from My Win7 and then upgrade the X64 Preview
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2015, 00:34   #546
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I wish we knew when to expect the next fast ring build with the new icons.
Old 27-05-2015, 09:30   #547
johnhook
Permanently Banned

johnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matth View Post
Sounds like there should be a new slow ring build approaching, but according to some sites it won't be 10125 ... getting ready to jump, having seen mention that it should be possible to upgrade from Preview to final ... that may be my best shot at getting a dual boot, if it will qualify from My Win7 and then upgrade the X64 Preview
I bet it will be 22 they tend to release the same build after any bug fixes in windows update the Fast Ring is meant to find them. Fast ring will get 25 or above next the Slow will catch up. I would be surprised if Fast ring got 25 and not a newer build than that

---------- Post added at 09:30 ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 ----------

Leaked build 23 apparently had the same Back Up and Restore features Windows 7 had which is very good news.
Old 27-05-2015, 10:49   #548
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

It is possible fast ring may get 123 next but i hope not.

---------- Post added at 10:49 ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 ----------

On File Explorer there are 2 little icons in the bottom right hand corner of the window after creating a second user account to change the VIEW, however on my original main account these icons are missing, does anyone know how i can turn these on?

edit

Sorted the File Explorer problem.
Old 27-05-2015, 11:22   #549
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Well, I've been dual booting it with no problems for a few weeks (apart from housemates complaining that several services provided by my PC running Windows 8 are not available under 10 (I had not installed them in Windows 10).

So, yesterday, I took the plunge. I upgraded my Windows 8 install to Windows 10 using the Windows update method on the Windows Insider website. I waited for Windows 10 to download and install, got a black screen during the "Setting up a few more things" phase.

I reset the machine and let it roll back to Windows 8. Booted the machine up and removed a few startup items, then tried the install again. Same result, so I reset and let it roll back again.

Did a little Googling and found that Windows 10 has problems installing if you have the Hyper V role/feature added to your Windows 8 install (I had added this a while ago so I could muck around with Virtualisation, then stoped mucking around with Virtualisation and forgot I'd added Hyper V). I removed Hyper V, rebooted, went through the install process again and an hour later, I had a working Windows 10 install asking me to log on.

Just need to delete the partition I created for the dual booting now.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2015, 11:25   #550
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Glad you got it working.
Old 27-05-2015, 18:28   #551
Carlos Carboni

My windows 10 was too dark due to poor graphics drivers. If you need W10 video drivers for a laptop, then may look here

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com

I gave up...
Old 28-05-2015, 23:47   #552
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Considering I started this thread, strangely I haven't tried out the preview yet. Was going to put it on before but it said it would break the recovery partition so will need to make some recovery discs first. Judging by the posts it would seem wise not to join the fast ring updates for now?
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 23:53   #553
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

122 works fine for me but I don't think you gain anything over version 74, I want the version with the new icons!
Old 29-05-2015, 10:49   #554
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Windows 10 is still scheduled for RTM in July, seems a little too soon.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/5/29/86...ly-launch-date
Old 29-05-2015, 16:49   #555
johnhook
Permanently Banned

RTM is not release to public it is release to the OEMs to test and iron out any final bugs

Wzor also states this he estimates September I think it will be end of August as public release

He was also wrong about there not being another public release till June because a couple of days after he said that 10122 got pushed to Fast ring