Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BoxNation on Virgin Media?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Old 12-12-2011, 19:48   #496
AZIMUTH
Inactive

AZIMUTH is on a distinguished roadAZIMUTH is on a distinguished road
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

16th december card scrapped.BoxRecs.
AZIMUTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2011, 20:23   #497
dempseyjack
Inactive

Services: Boxnation/sky sports
dempseyjack is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatllbeme View Post
boxnation facebook page is asking what old fights we want to see,any suggestions??
paul scrap iron ryan , carl thompson fights , benn , watson , eubank , collins , some julian jackson and gerald mccellan fights i could go on and on.
dempseyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 06:39   #498
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthedead4 View Post
Ali, Benn, Eubanks, Tyson, Bruno, Lewis, Chavez, Holyfield v bowe.
Some great ones there.
Old 13-12-2011, 08:16   #499
Kingofthedead4
Inactive

Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Kingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIMUTH View Post
16th december card scrapped.BoxRecs.
Damn! Well at least there is one on Wednesday now.

Lee Selby's British and Commonwealth Featherweight title defence against John Simpson on Wednesday 14th December at the York Hall will be live on BoxNation (Sky Ch. 456, Virgin Ch. 546).
Kingofthedead4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 10:03   #500
BoxNation
Inactive

BoxNation is a jewel in the roughBoxNation is a jewel in the roughBoxNation is a jewel in the roughBoxNation is a jewel in the roughBoxNation is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your excellent ideas for classic fights, duly noted. I'm currently also working on getting some of the ideas you had for the website in place, like having a forum there for fans TV listings, Q&A with Buncey and the others, and BoxNation competitions. I'll keep you updated on those but it looks promising.

Thanks again,

BoxNation
BoxNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 19:29   #501
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxNation View Post
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your excellent ideas for classic fights, duly noted. I'm currently also working on getting some of the ideas you had for the website in place, like having a forum there for fans TV listings, Q&A with Buncey and the others, and BoxNation competitions. I'll keep you updated on those but it looks promising.

Thanks again,

BoxNation
Welcome back!

It's good to see your website is ever developing, and more changes are afoot.

Are Box nation planning anything for "Boxing Day"? I know you've only been up and running for a few months but any chance of a re-cap show covering highlights of the best fights, best K.O.'s and the best of Buncey's rants that have featured on Box Nation so far?

Seeing Scott Harrison has finally been granted back his licence, and will hopefully get another chance with Warren and Box nation, it would be good to see some of his world title fights from 2002 to 2005. Some really good memories of title defences in Glasgow that I don't think have ever really been repeated on British TV.

In fact a Scottish boxing weekend would be great. Action from the likes of:

Alex Arthur
Ken Buchanan
Ricky Burns
Scott Harrison
Benny Lynch
Jim Watt

Buncey knows his stuff and could really help to put together a really good show. Scottish boxing, and it's former world champions, have a real troubled history which makes an interesting story that should be told.

Ken Buchanan - His marriage ended in divorce. He's forced to sell the hotel he bought from his boxing money and becomes a joiner. Due to financial hardship he has to sell his title belts and considers a comeback even though he's late into his 60's.

Johnny Hill - Scotland 1st world champion. Becomes World Flyweight Champion in 1928 but sadly dies of pneumonia the following year on the day he was due to face Frankie Genaro.

Scott Harrison - Enters rehabilitation in 2006 for alcohol abuse and depression. Loses his belt on the scales against Nicky Cook in 2006 shortly after being arrested for five weeks in Spain on assault charges. Jailed in Spain for 2 years in 2009 and plans to make a comeback in 2012.

Tancy Lee - Secures British and European honours at 2 weights between 1916 and 1919. He also beat the famous Jimmy Wilde to secure the IBU Flyweight Title. Lee sadly dies after being knocked down by a bus during Edinburgh's wartime blackout in 1941.

Benny Lynch - Becomes World Flyweight champion in 1937. Lynch's boxing career was over by the time he was 25 and he battled with alcoholism for the rest of his life. He died in 1946 from malnutrition, aged 33.

Oh and an interesting little chap called Paul Weir who won only 14 fights but managed to secure the WBO Minimum title after just 6 fights, the WBO Light Flyweight title after just 9 fights but only managed to defend each title once before defeat.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 19:38   #502
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough

come on then guys name your up and coming boxers to make a big impact in 2012?
thatllbeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 19:42   #503
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Kell Brook for one.
Old 20-12-2011, 19:48   #504
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Kell Brook for one.
Yes she is one for me, Oh damn not reading fully. I thought that you said Kelly Brook
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 19:51   #505
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Yes she is one for me, Oh damn not reading fully. I thought that you said Kelly Brook
You naughty man and it seems you have been taking advice from DF with regards to the opposite sex.
Old 20-12-2011, 23:38   #506
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Oh and an interesting little chap called Paul Weir who won only 14 fights but managed to secure the WBO Minimum title after just 6 fights, the WBO Light Flyweight title after just 9 fights but only managed to defend each title once before defeat.
Well I don't know if the Box Nation guy who posts here passed anything onto Steven Bunce regarding my long winded Scottish boxing post a few days ago, but I was very surprised that Buncey had Paul Weir on The Bunce Hour last night. Maybe it was just a coincidence but I couldn't believe when I tuned in last night and Steve Bunce was chatting away to Paul Weir about his career. I don't think Paul Weir has been on any boxing TV or radio show since he retired, and I don't think he's a very well known or recognised fighter.

If Box Nation who posts here did have anything to do with last nights interview, thanks very much. If not, what an amazing coincidence.

---------- Post added at 23:38 ---------- Previous post was at 23:21 ----------

Quote:
I've got a few in mind. I'm going to post their promoter too. I'm really looking for these guys to make an impact at British level, with a couple of them dipping their toes into the European scene.

Kid Galahad - Mick Hennessey
Chris Eubank Jr. - Mick Hennessey

David Price - Frank Maloney

Martin Murray - Ricky Hatton
Scott Quigg - Ricky Hatton

Liam Walsh - Frank Warren
Billy Joe Saunders - Frank Warren

Carl Frampton - Eddie Hearn?

Oh an if Enzo Maccarinelli does get a shot at Nathan Cleverly in 2012, I think Enzo can pull off the upset.
Old 21-12-2011, 17:09   #507
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Here is a rundown of BoxNation's upcoming schedule.

http://www.boxnation.tv/boxing-matches/
Old 21-12-2011, 21:55   #508
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Here is a rundown of BoxNation's upcoming schedule.

http://www.boxnation.tv/boxing-matches/
It's good to see they are continually adding to their line-up. I'm looking forard to Olubamiwo Vs. Sexton on the 13th January 2012. It's tucked away on the undercard of Williams Vs. Conquest.

I'm also very happy to see Derry Matthews vs Emiliano Marsili added to their list. I've been keeping an eye on that fight wondering if it would appear on TV.

I'd love to see BoxNation pick up the following:

11th February 2012
Lee McAllister Vs. Denis Shafikov
European Light Welterweight Title
Old 22-12-2011, 00:03   #509
Rivva
Inactive

Services: Virgin: XL TV inc V+ Box - M Phone - L Broadband.
Rivva is an unknown quantity at this point

Today I watched channel 4's KOTV boxing programme which I'd recorded from yesterday(3:15am)

And they showed a clip from the 1st fight of the Micky Ward vs. Arturo Gatti trilogy of 2002/03

The other 2 fights were both great from start to finish but the 1st was an absolute epic

With BoxNation/Facebook page asking for old fights suggestions I thought I'd mention this

All 3 are worthy of showing but if they decide to show any of them the 1st IMO is a must

Anyway I hope all you lot out there who have BoxNation are enjoying it so far...

Rivva
Rivva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 23:56   #510
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivva View Post
Today I watched channel 4's KOTV boxing programme which I'd recorded from yesterday(3:15am)

And they showed a clip from the 1st fight of the Micky Ward vs. Arturo Gatti trilogy of 2002/03

The other 2 fights were both great from start to finish but the 1st was an absolute epic

With BoxNation/Facebook page asking for old fights suggestions I thought I'd mention this

All 3 are worthy of showing but if they decide to show any of them the 1st IMO is a must

Anyway I hope all you lot out there who have BoxNation are enjoying it so far...

Rivva
Their first fight for me was the best. Such an incredible battle which the next 2 fights couldn't live up to. Don't get me wrong Gatti Vs. Ward II & III were very entertaining but just not as epic as their first battle.