Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 25-09-2011, 15:13   #5026
zekeisaszekedoes
Permanently Banned

Services: 30Mb Broadband (XL), 2TB TiVo (M+), Samsung Galaxy Ace (M), POTS Landline (M).
zekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
If the UI locks up but the video still plays you could try the shortcut to reset the UI. Press Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Play, Play and after about 10 seconds it should reset the UI without rebooting the box or losing any in-progress recordings.
Tried that half a dozen times, nothing. Proper locked up and unresponsive requiring a full reboot.
Advertisement
Old 25-09-2011, 17:38   #5027
Mae Bee
Inactive

Mae Bee is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Please continue discussion of TiVo here please.

Original Thread

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...-page-408.html
have just had TiVo box installed..I now need the code for a 32" Foehn & Hirsch TV so that I can get the volume on the virgin remote control. I've spent hours trying to find it with no luck. Can you help or know anyone who can?????? Thanks
Old 25-09-2011, 17:44   #5028
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae Bee View Post
have just had TiVo box installed..I now need the code for a 32" Foehn & Hirsch TV so that I can get the volume on the virgin remote control. I've spent hours trying to find it with no luck. Can you help or know anyone who can?????? Thanks
Here is the code list,

http://www.virginmedia.com/tivo/tv_remote_code_list.pdf

Or you could try this?

Quote:
Searching for a TV remote control code

1. Press and hold down and at the same time until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice.
2. Enter the code 0999 to access the TV code database – the LED will flash green twice.
3. Press CHANNEL UP until a code turns off the TV – the LED will flash green each time a code is sent.
4. When the TV turns off, release channel up and press standby on the remote to turn the TV back on.
5. Press and to check that the remote is working with your TV. If they don’t, continue to search using channel up until the next code turns off the TV, and repeat steps 4 and 5.
6. When the Volume and Mute keys work, press to store the code. The LED will then flash green twice.
7. If you reach the end of the code database, the light on top of the remote will give an extended red flash and exit programming mode.
http://help.virginmedia.com/system/s...ice.controller
Old 25-09-2011, 18:26   #5029
albertsteptoe
Inactive

Services: Full House XL,Gamer 200MB Sky Q Silver.
albertsteptoe is on a distinguished roadalbertsteptoe is on a distinguished road

Ive been having problems with my Tivo the last few days the picture on UK Gold has been terrible i know its not a good channel picture quality wise but was watching football Arsenal v Bolton on SS2 HD, & the picture was breaking up on that channel to, i changed my settings in digital output from 1080i to 720P didn't seem to make much difference cant be my TV because its only 3month's old, is there any way i can check if its signal levels.are out.
Old 25-09-2011, 18:41   #5030
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

I was just having a browse of next Saturday's listings of Friends on Comedy Central and oh boy that is going to be a tough one to put on series link they are showing random episodes allover the place.
Old 25-09-2011, 18:47   #5031
albertsteptoe
Inactive

Services: Full House XL,Gamer 200MB Sky Q Silver.
albertsteptoe is on a distinguished roadalbertsteptoe is on a distinguished road
Re: General Tito Discussion Part 2

at the moment the Tivo EPG sucks when it comes to Comedy Central,i wish i didn't cancel my Sky Sub now, as at least with Sky there EPG was 100% all of the time & i miss the series links now & reminders.
Old 25-09-2011, 19:35   #5032
zantarous

zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Really lots of complaints about how the Sky HD could also do with improvement http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1538385

No system is perfect, if you have come from another platform it always takes a while to get used to something but after while you get used to it. CC has always been one of the worst offenders with EPG data error. But in this case it is not EPG error just the fact that they are showing random episodes of Friends so it is hard to set a series link to watch from the beginning.
Old 25-09-2011, 19:47   #5033
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
Really lots of complaints about how the Sky HD could also do with improvement http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1538385

No system is perfect, if you have come from another platform it always takes a while to get used to something but after while you get used to it. CC has always been one of the worst offenders with EPG data error. But in this case it is not EPG error just the fact that they are showing random episodes of Friends so it is hard to set a series link to watch from the beginning.
Hardly similar problems , seems to be clashes and deleting
Old 25-09-2011, 20:03   #5034
zantarous

Where did I say similar? Each platform will have issues some on here seem to think Sky HD is perfect because of it's simplicity.
Old 25-09-2011, 20:30   #5035
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
Where did I say similar? Each platform will have issues some on here seem to think Sky HD is perfect because of it's simplicity.
I've never said it's perfect it has issues but the problems you highlighted are limitations of the hardware , something people should research before buying the product. It's features maybe deemed basic when in comparison to TIVOs advanced features however it does the basics well and this all starts with a reliable EPG , in no way is it perfect they are both different I've used TIVO and personally quite like it , it really depends what you want.
Old 26-09-2011, 21:35   #5036
zekeisaszekedoes
Permanently Banned

Services: 30Mb Broadband (XL), 2TB TiVo (M+), Samsung Galaxy Ace (M), POTS Landline (M).
zekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know... slow UI, inconsistent remote control keymap,tendency to lock up and some other gripes aside, I quite like it too. The problem I have is it's good when it so easy could be made great... close but no cigar as the old idiom goes.
Old 27-09-2011, 12:58   #5037
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

According to the rumours on the coming soon thread, there are due to be quite a few channel number changes.

Does anyone know if we will have to reset any series links if you have any on the effected channels?
Old 27-09-2011, 13:04   #5038
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Does anyone know if we will have to reset any series links if you have any on the effected channels?
The link should follow as it's the same channel just on a different number, rather than the programme moving channels
Old 27-09-2011, 13:24   #5039
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Virgin Media is also launching the second phase of its multi-million pound TiVo advertising strategy, with its very own tickle. Since Virgin Media TiVo became available, tens of thousands of customers have discovered what the company believes is the best way to watch TV, ever. The new TV and digital activity will continue the successful creative fronted by Marc Warren, star of Hustle and Mad Dogs, with direct response channels highlighting extra savings by offering free box activation for new and existing customers, saving them £49.95. The full campaign, launched in July, has been created by DDB UK and involves TV, digital, retail and social media executions
http://mediacentre.virginmedia.com/S...ckle-21b0.aspx
Does this mean you will only pay £ 40 Installation from next month ?
Old 27-09-2011, 13:25   #5040
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
http://mediacentre.virginmedia.com/S...ckle-21b0.aspx
Does this mean you will only pay £ 40 Installation from next month ?
No. The current pricing offers end tomorrow so full details of the new pricing structure will be available on Thursday