Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 20-04-2014, 05:58   #481
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Agree mate the best thing i did was dropping my Sky and VM tv subscription worked everything out hulu plus £20 for the year, wwe network £6.25p/m , netflix £5.99p/m and bein sport £11.25p/m , vm broadband n phone n tvm £30p/m, smart dns service £2.50p/m = £51.50p/m approx. That's on average a £32p/m saving over what i was paying for Sky n vm.
Pretty much the route we're going down at the moment too. Dropped the TV from VM a month ago and just have 150mb+phone from them now for £35 all in. We plugged the ariel back into the TV for freeview and have Netflix (with unblock-us) and Amazon Prime just now, we really don't feel like we're missing out on anything other than perhaps GoT and might pick up a cheap NowTV box for that.

Might drop Prime once our sub runs out though as it's not that great atm.
Advertisement
Old 20-04-2014, 13:57   #482
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
Pretty much the route we're going down at the moment too. Dropped the TV from VM a month ago and just have 150mb+phone from them now for £35 all in. We plugged the ariel back into the TV for freeview and have Netflix (with unblock-us) and Amazon Prime just now, we really don't feel like we're missing out on anything other than perhaps GoT and might pick up a cheap NowTV box for that.

Might drop Prime once our sub runs out though as it's not that great atm.
You should have been able to keep a Tivo on M TV for the same price as you are paying now (they actually gave me a cheaper price to keep Tivo on M TV). That gives you a good Freeview PVR at no extra cost.

I'm using Netflix with Unblock-us, the free version of Hulu, HBO Nordic and, because of the special price offer at launch, Amazon Prime. Like you, I will most likely drop Prime when it comes up for renewal.
Old 22-04-2014, 08:21   #483
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
We had it for a couple of months just to see House of Cards, but imo its just a load of old stuff, not worth it unless it can get more up to date quality like House of Cards.
I kind of agree , I'm finding were only watching the originals after that its all just series that were on TV many moons back , if I'm honest I wasn't that impressed with other territories Netflix either , looks like my plan to go purely down the streaming route will have to wait. There's speculation on DS forum about price increases I certainly wouldn't pay anymore.
Old 22-04-2014, 08:27   #484
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

I gave Netflix a go for 2 months, the found that I didn't use it enough to warrant even the low price it is now. Having 150mb rendered it pointless for me. So cancelled it.
Old 22-04-2014, 08:33   #485
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I kind of agree , I'm finding were only watching the originals after that its all just series that were on TV many moons back , if I'm honest I wasn't that impressed with other territories Netflix either , looks like my plan to go purely down the streaming route will have to wait. There's speculation on DS forum about price increases I certainly wouldn't pay anymore.
Indeed a price rise is as inevitable as David Moyes being sacked.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27106460
Old 22-04-2014, 12:29   #486
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Netflix UK wouldn't warrant a price rise until the content gets closer to that of the US version.

We are finding Netflix worth the money compared to what we were shelling out for Sky Movies and being able to watch a different film every day of the week compared to the daily repeats on Sky Movies
Old 22-04-2014, 12:34   #487
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
A price rise would be a bad move for Netflix i think. I think they'll split it i think someone on Dspy mentioned they had a screen pop up offering the 3 different packages the cheapest being SD only at £4.75p/m.
I think Netflix is fine as it is a price rise would make me re-consider my subscription to it even though i use a smart DNS. A prime example is i got a years hulu+ for £20 which has most tv shows on anyway, the only fault with hulu is blooming adverts.
Old 22-04-2014, 12:56   #488
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
A price rise would be a bad move for Netflix i think. I think they'll split it i think someone on Dspy mentioned they had a screen pop up offering the 3 different packages the cheapest being SD only at £4.75p/m.
I think Netflix is fine as it is a price rise would make me re-consider my subscription to it even though i use a smart DNS. A prime example is i got a years hulu+ for £20 which has most tv shows on anyway, the only fault with hulu is blooming adverts.
How you finding the wwe network mate?? i was watching netflix usa on firefox with the hola unblocker free add on and it worked a treat. apparently its not as good with the wwe network so i'd need to get a smart DNS and pay for that. I may do soon enough since it seems we're not going to get the network anytime soon!

In terms of netflix i may cancel it soon enough. starting to run out of things to watch really i'm quite fussy when it comes to watching things!
Old 22-04-2014, 13:13   #489
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
How you finding the wwe network mate?? i was watching netflix usa on firefox with the hola unblocker free add on and it worked a treat. apparently its not as good with the wwe network so i'd need to get a smart DNS and pay for that. I may do soon enough since it seems we're not going to get the network anytime soon!

In terms of netflix i may cancel it soon enough. starting to run out of things to watch really i'm quite fussy when it comes to watching things!
WWE network is working flawlessly mate, during the live WM30 stream there wasn't a single issue it ran perfectly in HD.
Firefox seems to not like it though however it runs perfectly on chrome, safari, opera and my ps3 i think Firefox has issues with the shockwave player though.
There is loads of on demand stuff too including every WWF,WWE,ECW,WCW ppv aswell as exclusive shows such as legends house. Imo it's well worth the £6.43p/m.
As for smart dns unblock-us would be my recomendation it only costs about £2.20p/m and unlocks a whole lot of other goodies such as HULU, Bein sports , cw,fox etc, you can get a hulu+ subscription for the year for about £20 on ebay.
Also be careful with Hola unblocker apparantly it drops adware on your pc, this is a claim some people are making so i do not know if it's true or not.
Old 22-04-2014, 14:07   #490
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post

Wwe network is quality bud,I go halves with my bro so it's costing me £3.10 per month pq is amazing and have also got hulu plus aswell only complaint I have with hulu is sound is 2.0 but no biggy pq is 720hd.i have unblock us great price and great 24hr support
Old 22-04-2014, 14:17   #491
MutleyF
Inactive

Services: 1TB Tivo, "Big Kahuna"
MutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant future

Have not checked, so please dont shoot me down in flames, but is Game of Thrones available elsewhere in the world on Netflix ?

Am currently paying for the entertainment package on NowTV just so the missus can watch it, but if I can unblock with hula, it'll save me some money !
Old 22-04-2014, 14:42   #492
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutleyF View Post
Have not checked, so please dont shoot me down in flames, but is Game of Thrones available elsewhere in the world on Netflix ?

Am currently paying for the entertainment package on NowTV just so the missus can watch it, but if I can unblock with hula, it'll save me some money !
Sadly not hbo don't allow there content on hulu,just watched a new show called Salem on Hulu plus.impressed with 1st ep
Old 22-04-2014, 14:50   #493
MutleyF
Inactive

Services: 1TB Tivo, "Big Kahuna"
MutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant future

shame, but thanks Howard ...
Old 22-04-2014, 14:57   #494
howardmicks
Inactive

Quote:
shame, but thanks Howard ...
No probs,worth having a look at hulu plus there is a free trial,u can favourite your program's and get it to queue up new episodes and even texts u when available
Old 22-04-2014, 15:13   #495
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:

You can however subscribe to hbo nordic which has most of the hbo shows on it including game of thrones, girls etc also has other network shows on too such as the walking dead, it does cost about £8.70p/m though and you would need a smart dns service.
As howard said give HULU a go you'll be impressed i think, as for game of thrones there are otherways of watching it if you look around

---------- Post added at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 15:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
No probs,worth having a look at hulu plus there is a free trial,u can favourite your program's and get it to queue up new episodes and even texts u when available
I don't get texts lol. Also i wasn't allowed the free trial due to none us paypal account, but as i mentioned earlier in the thread i got a 12 month subscription anyway for £20 which is excellent value imo as you'd pay that just for 1 month of Sky tv.
Closed Thread