Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 17-04-2014, 16:44   #466
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

I am wondering if some entrepreneurial company (maybe Virgin) will do a deal to give you one sub for a number of streaming services at a discounted rate compared to buying the service from individual providers.

The number of providers jumping into this area is about to get sill with all of them want x number of £ for access.
Advertisement
Old 18-04-2014, 11:52   #467
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
I am wondering if some entrepreneurial company (maybe Virgin) will do a deal to give you one sub for a number of streaming services at a discounted rate compared to buying the service from individual providers.

The number of providers jumping into this area is about to get sill with all of them want x number of £ for access.
I think that is a very good idea. A bouquet of streaming services package (if it is good enough) might suit me better than subscribing to Sky Movies!
Old 18-04-2014, 12:02   #468
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I think that is a very good idea. A bouquet of streaming services package (if it is good enough) might suit me better than subscribing to Sky Movies!

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Old 19-04-2014, 06:21   #469
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
+1.
Old 19-04-2014, 09:45   #470
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post

All i'm saying is watch this space you're on the right track
Old 19-04-2014, 10:14   #471
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Intriguing!
Old 19-04-2014, 10:34   #472
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

I would severely doubt the likes of Netflix and Amazon would discount their products further , I'd imagine the profits aren't huge on a product that costs around £6.
Old 19-04-2014, 13:12   #473
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I would severely doubt the likes of Netflix and Amazon would discount their products further , I'd imagine the profits aren't huge on a product that costs around £6.
That may well be, MM, but of course VM may decide to use this as a loss leader as Sky do for their Sky Atlantic channel.

The alternative (and most likely scenario) is that VM simply bundle up the charges from three or four operators and offer it as a package. They would make their profit from wholesale deals with each content provider.
Old 19-04-2014, 13:29   #474
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:

Cheers Sherlock!
Old 19-04-2014, 15:09   #475
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Any guesses as to which content providers VM might go for to provide us with more streaming services?
Old 19-04-2014, 15:16   #476
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Any guesses as to which content providers VM might go for to provide us with more streaming services?
I'd guess Amazon Prime.
Old 19-04-2014, 16:17   #477
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
That may well be, MM, but of course VM may decide to use this as a loss leader as Sky do for their Sky Atlantic channel.

The alternative (and most likely scenario) is that VM simply bundle up the charges from three or four operators and offer it as a package. They would make their profit from wholesale deals with each content provider.
I'd have been more convinced had this happened at the time Netflix was added.
Old 19-04-2014, 18:00   #478
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Cheers Sherlock!
Get it right MB is sherlock, i'm Watson

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:58 ----------

Quote:
Amazon prime , Wuaki, maybe a uk version of Hulu? as Hulu are looking to expand outside the USA.

It does make you wonder though how much content really does cost and how much profit VM, Sky etc actually make. I was able to grab a 12 month Hulu+ subscription for £20 which has a lot of content that's on Sky, and something like Bein Sport works out at about £13p/m compared to how much Skysports cost, if i were to add Skysports on my VM package it would cost me £32 a month (i'm on tvm) which i personally think is ridicolous, no idea who sets these prices but they need their head examined lol as there are better and vheaper alternatives out there if you look.
This is just my opinion though.
Old 19-04-2014, 23:39   #479
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
It does make you wonder though how much content really does cost and how much profit VM, Sky etc actually make.
Both are hugely overpriced. SKY have offered 50% off for a year deals back and fourth whilst Virgin have been offering 50% off on their Premier and VIP Collections for 12 months during the whole of April. They must be making some kind of profit off this, or they wouldn't run the deals, which makes you think they are really milking customers who pay full price. I've had SKY for 1/2 price now for 14 months, with another 10 months 1/2 price to run. I will never pay full price to either company ever again.

The pay TV market needs a massive shake up.
Old 20-04-2014, 02:06   #480
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Both are hugely overpriced. SKY have offered 50% off for a year deals back and fourth whilst Virgin have been offering 50% off on their Premier and VIP Collections for 12 months during the whole of April. They must be making some kind of profit off this, or they wouldn't run the deals, which makes you think they are really milking customers who pay full price. I've had SKY for 1/2 price now for 14 months, with another 10 months 1/2 price to run. I will never pay full price to either company ever again.

The pay TV market needs a massive shake up.
Agree mate the best thing i did was dropping my Sky and VM tv subscription worked everything out hulu plus £20 for the year, wwe network £6.25p/m , netflix £5.99p/m and bein sport £11.25p/m , vm broadband n phone n tvm £30p/m, smart dns service £2.50p/m = £51.50p/m approx. That's on average a £32p/m saving over what i was paying for Sky n vm.
Closed Thread