Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Hamas Israel War

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Hamas Israel War

Old 21-10-2023, 18:47   #451
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Hamas Israel War

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Of course, you cherry pick and ignore the posts where I unequivocally condemn Hamas as terrorists and that they should be eradicated. This is to be expected from one who is not open to debate and information illuminating both side of the conflict.
Yeah, you’re very careful….but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Those who pay lip service about Hamas' atrocities but then shift the blame onto Israel or enthusiastically criticise Israel for its behaviour.

Quote:
You stick with your "Israel good, Arabs bad" narrative if it comforts you.
Interesting that you throw that at me, which although simplistic, in this instance is fairly accurate.

Is it because you believe the exact opposite? I think I know the answer.

Quote:
Meanwhile, back in the real world

- what is not that well known, mainly due to the loud voices screaming "Anti-Semitism!" when Israel is criticised, is that the governing party Likud has, as part of its charter, a rejection of an Arab state in the area:

Israel’s policy on statehood merits the same scrutiny as Hamas gets
So essentially neither Hamas or Israel want a two state solution, who’ of thought it.

By the way, I don’t think the author of article you posted is entirely objective.

He also authored this report

https://www.academia.edu/31751816/Is...he_Middle_East

In which he pulls some corkers

Quote:
Comment: Israel claims to be the only democracy in the region, but its institutional racism demonstrates the state's tangential grasp on reality

Quote:
given that Israel's founding entailed the ethnic cleansing of more than 750,000 Palestinian Arabs

Quote:
Even if we ignore Israel's ongoing excesses in "mowing the lawn" in the Gaza Strip - that is, the periodic and deliberate use of disproportionate force aimed at flattening everything in sight
That’s just from the first three paragraphs, from a 4 page anti-Israel diatribe. Apt .
Old 21-10-2023, 18:49   #452
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Let's turn this on its head. Hamas has made an incursion into Israel and has brutally murdered (say) 1500 Israelis and abducted (say) 200.

What should Israel's next move have been?

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2023, 18:54   #453
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered stars

Again I open this topic and am greeted by three+ pages of members taking pops at each other and/or just being daft, and/or acting like children.

FOUR members have been removed from the topic for a day, if this keeps up there will be more, and for longer. Sheesh.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2023, 20:33   #454
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Pierre doesn’t quite have an Israel good/Arabs bad position - his point mainly relates to non-state actors use of force and that it’s not justified. I’m sure he sincerely holds that position anywhere in the world.
I do. I know I said that observation was “fairly accurate”, and it is insofar as Hamas, Hezbollah, ISIS and all the other Jihadists.
Old 22-10-2023, 17:03   #455
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Looking at the various “pro-Palestine” protests in London and across everywhere. There were certainly pro-Hamas, pro-jihad and anti-Jew, elements and they didn’t seem to be a tiny minority. But I wasn’t there so I could be wrong.

But they didn’t appear to be policed very well, which just emboldens the factions I listed. It gives the message that it’s ok to be anti-Semitic without recourse.

Fearful and dangerous times to be a Jew in the U.K.
Old 22-10-2023, 19:31   #456
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

The reported 100,000 demonstrators in London number more than the standing British Army. Be warned, it's coming. They don't do multi-culturalism.

EDIT: Double post removed.

Old 22-10-2023, 20:47   #457
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

The reported 100,000 demonstrators in London number more than the standing British Army. Be warned, it's coming. They don't do multi-culturalism.

EDIT: Double post removed.

Thought we were about due for a "Great Replacement Theory" post from you...

Funnily enough, I am in North Cyprus at the moment, and "they" do multi-culturalism very well here...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2023, 20:51   #458
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Thought we were about due for a "Great Replacement Theory" post from you...

Funnily enough, I am in North Cyprus at the moment, and "they" do multi-culturalism very well here...
Not the same "they".

Old 22-10-2023, 21:07   #459
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Apart from the whole Turkish / Greek issue and why the island is split into two.

Otherwise, just ace.
Old 22-10-2023, 21:25   #460
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Apart from the whole Turkish / Greek issue and why the island is split into two.

Otherwise, just ace.
Since my sister and family were Casevaced from Famagusta because of the invasion, and I did detachments on Troodos a couple of times in the late 70s/early 80s, and I have been coming here every year (except 2020 & 2021) since 2007, I'm pretty au fait with the political situation here...

The comment was in regards to Seph's dog-whistle...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2023, 21:56   #461
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Since my sister and family were Casevaced from Famagusta because of the invasion, and I did detachments on Troodos a couple of times in the late 70s/early 80s, and I have been coming here every year (except 2020 & 2021) since 2007, I'm pretty au fait with the political situation here...

The comment was in regards to Seph's dog-whistle...
I’m obviously not as keyed into it as you.

But to claim that "they" do multi-culturalism very well here... on an Island that is literally politically split into two.

A poor example, that’s all.
Old 22-10-2023, 23:44   #462
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Thirsty families in Gaza eke out trickle of water

Most supplies cut off by Israeli siege, leading to disease and warnings that water is about to run out

Securing water has become a huge challenge for Palestinian families in the territory, home to 2.3mn people, where the temperature on Sunday was 31 degrees. People are being forced to drink dirty water, according to UN agencies, which have reported cases of diseases spread by contaminated water being drunk and poor sanitary conditions.

Juliette Touma, spokesperson for UNRWA, the UN’s agency for Palestinian relief, said that across Gaza “people have either no water at all or limited supplies”. Even in UNRWA shelters, drinking water was scarce, she added.

Israel has linked the siege to the more than 200 hostages taken by Hamas into Gaza, two of whom were freed this week. “No electrical switch will be turned on, no water hydrant will be opened and no fuel truck will enter until the Israeli hostages are returned home,” Israel’s energy minister Israel Katz said on social media on October 12.

The strip normally receives fresh water from a mixture of wells, a pipeline from Israel and desalination plants on the Mediterranean. However, fuel and power shortages have hit the plants and water pumping facilities, aid agencies say.

Israel is allowing only a restricted and insufficient water supply through its pipeline to southern Gaza, UN officials say, for about three hours a day.

UNRWA has warned that worse is to come. In three days the organisation “will run out of fuel, critical for our humanitarian response across the Gaza Strip,” it said on Sunday.

“Without fuel, there will be no water, no functioning hospitals and bakeries. No fuel will further strangle the children, women and people of Gaza.”
https://www.ft.com/content/22e939a4-...0-79dd08901f98
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2023, 08:25   #463
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Cutting off the water supply is really hitting those terrorists isn't it?
Or is just trying to kill off the majority innocent civilian population?
If it was any other country doing this we'd be calling it out for what it is, and taking some action, not just words.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2023, 08:38   #464
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Fearful and dangerous times to be a Palestinian in Palestine.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2023, 08:50   #465
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Fearful and dangerous times to be a Jew in Israel.

However,

Not fearful and dangerous times to be a Palestinian in the UK........