Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Grand National

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Grand National

Old 13-04-2007, 11:05   #31
Acathla
cf.mega poster

Acathla has reached the bronze age
Acathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze age
Re: The Grand National

My Tips for some good betting is:

NumberSixValVerde - A good each way bet but with low odds it doesn't seem worth it!

Liberthine - Female horse, pregnant, amateur jockey who has won 3 from 5 runs round the fences at Aintree. Need I say more! Fantastic story - odds of around 25/1 (can get 33/1). My tip to win the Grand National!! (If there is any doubt it's over Stamina)
Acathla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-04-2007, 11:13   #32
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch

BILLYVODDAN - perfect ground for it
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 11:24   #33
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

I heard on Radio 1 today some medium has spoken to Red Rum and knows who is going to win the GN today

I can't remember which horse she said, and can't find it, but if we can, its gotta be worth £1 for a laff surely.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 11:27   #34
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
I heard on Radio 1 today some medium has spoken to Red Rum and knows who is going to win the GN today

I can't remember which horse she said, and can't find it, but if we can, its gotta be worth £1 for a laff surely.
I believe Red Rum's trainer's son (if that makes any sense!) trains another one in the race. I bet its that horse.
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 11:30   #35
Acathla
cf.mega poster

Acathla has reached the bronze age
Acathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze age

Donald McCain trains 'Idle Talk' which has a good chance as far as I think.
Acathla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 11:31   #36
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

It is banned in our house I wont even have it on the tele, all those that have money on it good luck
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 11:36   #37
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

My money is on Idle Talk, Mr Tink thinks Dun Doire stands a good chance. IMHO this is a race that could be won by any of the horses, there are always so many fallers, and loose horses that get in the way of the contenders. Good luck everyone, hope you win!
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 16:45   #38
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatelliteTVTalk View Post
I like Joe's Edge -
When you see horses like that in the National I always think they have low odds due to the amount of people called Joe or know a Joe who bet on them.

I've a fiver each way on Bothar Na

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

Also if your doing an each way bet make sure you find a bookie who pays top 5.
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 21:44   #39
greencreeper
Inactive

Services: Email me for a current price list
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star

Joe's Edge looks favourite - odds have fallen. With this warm weather, the ground is likely to be firm. I picked a couple of horses at work - Jack High and Simon. Couple of old nags

Joes Edge 10.00
Point Barrow 11.00
Hedgehunter 12.00
Mckelvey 15.00
Numbersixvalver 15.00
Dun Doire 17.00
Idle Talk 19.00
Billyvoddan 19.00
greencreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 22:00   #40
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
It is banned in our house I wont even have it on the tele, all those that have money on it good luck
not 'banned' here, and I'm not against steeplechase, per se, but I do think this particular race is actually too cruel to the horses & too dangerous for the jockeys...

- just my opinion, though, not implied criticism, like Jules said, good luck to those having a flutter
Old 13-04-2007, 22:36   #41
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone View Post
not 'banned' here, and I'm not against steeplechase, per se, but I do think this particular race is actually too cruel to the horses & too dangerous for the jockeys...

- just my opinion, though, not implied criticism, like Jules said, good luck to those having a flutter
Personally, I'm in two minds about it. I share your sentiments, but I also find the 15 minutes of carnage that the National is a fascinating spectacle.
Old 13-04-2007, 22:54   #42
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
Personally, I'm in two minds about it. I share your sentiments, but I also find the 15 minutes of carnage that the National is a fascinating spectacle.
I don't disagree, danielf, but I also think there are a few too many runners, some fences might be just a bit easier if there wasn't such a crowd at each one - my objection towards it, is that the jockeys choose to do the race, the horses don't
Old 13-04-2007, 23:13   #43
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
I don't disagree, danielf, but I also think there are a few too many runners, some fences might be just a bit easier if there wasn't such a crowd at each one - my objection towards it, is that the jockeys choose to do the race, the horses don't
True, but it's the horses that decide they won't attempt the fence, and send the jockeys flying....

As I said, I'm in two minds about it. Part of me says its just wrong. However, that is precisely why I watch it (I'm not interested in horse racing at all). It's like watching Formula 1 with guaranteed crashes
Old 13-04-2007, 23:26   #44
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
True, but it's the horses that decide they won't attempt the fence, and send the jockeys flying....

As I said, I'm in two minds about it. Part of me says its just wrong. However, that is precisely why I watch it (I'm not interested in horse racing at all). It's like watching Formula 1 with guaranteed crashes
I hope you aren't presentient about Bahrain
Old 13-04-2007, 23:39   #45
danielf
cf.mega poser

Quote:
I hope you aren't presentient about Bahrain
That's the next F1 race, presumably? (I don't find any of the motorised sports particularly appealing tbh).