27-08-2010, 14:35
|
#31
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,354
|
Re: Top Gear's Stig
How about a Top Gear special where they kill him off, identify him and destroy any chances that he will make serious $$$ from the book sale.
Does it really matter who it is? Maybe time for a new one?
|
|
|
27-08-2010, 14:41
|
#32
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 18,385
|
Re: Top Gear's Stig
Dead or not he's gonna make money from the book sales anyway.. First book published will have his real name plastered over the media so no-one is going to buy is based on finding out who he is..
|
|
|
01-09-2010, 13:46
|
#33
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 18,385
|
Re: Top Gear's Stig
Well Ben collins won and the BBC lost, worst kept secret ever
|
|
|
01-09-2010, 13:52
|
#34
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Doncaster, S. Yorks.
Age: 43
Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
Posts: 2,320
|
Re: Top Gear's Stig
Thats a pitty...I wonder if they will just get a new stig or can the idea completely
|
|
|
01-09-2010, 14:15
|
#35
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,291
|
Re: Top Gear's Stig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy
Well Ben collins won and the BBC lost, worst kept secret ever 
|
I read an article in a paper over the weekend which said something like "The BBC are in court this week to prevent book revealing Ben Collins is the Stig"
I thought what's the point in going to court now?
|
|
|
01-09-2010, 16:39
|
#36
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Age: 62
Posts: 15,868
|
Re: Top Gear's Stig
They either appoint a new Stig, or introduce a new presenter with racing driver pedigree. It won't be quite the same "joke" with a named presenter. Perhaps Ruben's Baraccelo, since he did better than the Stig at the last outing
What is clear to me is that Ben Collins won't have a role to play anymore.
|
|
|
01-09-2010, 16:45
|
#37
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Doncaster, S. Yorks.
Age: 43
Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
Posts: 2,320
|
Re: Top Gear's Stig
I was wondering about a new presenter...I always thought the point of the Stig as opposed to another racing driver presenter, was 5 have Vicki Butler-Henderson, and the BBC wanted to do something different.
|
|
|
01-09-2010, 16:57
|
#38
|
|
Mum 30/09/20 Dad 08/08/24
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Age: 57
Services: 2 x TiVo 360s, SH5. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Posts: 17,397
|
Re: Top Gear's Stig
So what "accident" will the Stig have, and what colour will his suit be?
I don't think another presenter will be a good idea, who would you have?
I can only think on two petrol headed babes, Vicki Butler-Henderson & Suzi Perry, both work for 5 & VBH does five gear, and would SP be aloud to work for the BBC?
---------- Post added at 17:57 ---------- Previous post was at 17:55 ----------
Quote from TG James May
Quote:
|
"Obviously I'm now going to have to take some legal action of my own, because I have been the Stig for the past seven years, and I don't know who this bloke is, who's mincing around in the High Court pretending it's him."
|
__________________
I'm a Trustee for a local charity
|
|
|
01-09-2010, 18:36
|
#39
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 41
Posts: 1,025
|
Re: Top Gear's Stig
Whatever this story is, has it ****ed off Jeremy Clarkson in any way? I'd like to know, as it would really brighten my day if it has.
|
|
|
02-09-2010, 14:55
|
#40
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Luton
Services: Sky
Posts: 1,689
|
Re: Top Gear's Stig
Quote:
The driver revealed to be The Stig from BBC's Top Gear is a former specialist SAS driving instructor who trained servicemen in the art of 'high-speed escape and evade tactics'.
Ben Collins was unmasked yesterday when he won the right to publish his autobiography after seven years as Top Gear's mysterious driving expert
|
.
---------- Post added at 15:55 ---------- Previous post was at 15:54 ----------
|
|
|
02-09-2010, 15:00
|
#41
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 716
|
Re: Top Gear's Stig
Wonder if Jeremy Clarkson will quit writing for The Sunday Times and The Sun as News International are the ones publishing the book
|
|
|
02-09-2010, 15:01
|
#42
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Right here!
Posts: 22,315
|
Re: Top Gear's Stig
I don't care who the Stig is but I wish Jeremy Clarkson would adopt his style of communication.
|
|
|
08-09-2010, 20:55
|
#43
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Luton
Services: Sky
Posts: 1,689
|
Re: Top Gear's Stig
Ben Collins 'sacked' as the Stig says Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson
oh dear poor old stig
|
|
|
08-09-2010, 21:27
|
#44
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 18,385
|
Re: Top Gear's Stig
As I said in post #23 the stig's contract was such that he was automatically fired on the purposeful or accidental revealing of his true identity
|
|
|
08-09-2010, 21:37
|
#45
|
|
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Admin
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Nottingham
Age: 63
Services: Zen & YouFibre FTTP, Sky Q TV, Sky Mobile, Flextel SIP
Posts: 31,245
|
Re: Top Gear's Stig
Which presumably he was well aware of, so doent care.
Pretty much like I dont care really
__________________
Baby, I was born this way.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:41.
|