01-08-2005, 16:11
|
#31
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 4,988
|
Re: The 10th World
Call it Caspar
|
|
|
01-08-2005, 16:20
|
#32
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Expanding Town with crap roads
Age: 67
Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Posts: 7,674
|
Re: The 10th World
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Incognitas
|
Thank you
|
|
|
01-08-2005, 17:14
|
#33
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Leeds
Age: 65
Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Posts: 7,523
|
Re: The 10th World
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Caspar
Call it Caspar 
|
Works for me
|
|
|
01-08-2005, 17:36
|
#34
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,737
|
Re: The 10th World
Unimatrix 1?
|
|
|
01-08-2005, 17:42
|
#35
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: The 10th World
Well all I can say looking at what we have come up with, that it's just as well it's not up to us...
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
02-08-2005, 07:13
|
#36
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Punmeister Towers
Age: 51
Services: Will provide gags for cash
Posts: 9,211
|
Re: The 10th World
Oooh oooh - how about Galactus?
Alright, yes I did watch the Fantastic 4 cartoon this morning
|
|
|
11-08-2005, 21:21
|
#37
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London
Posts: 2,974
|
Re: The 10th World
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Damien
<Snip>
Why is this not a bigger news item? I think it is a historical scientific moment.
|
Possibly because it, and also Pluto, should be considered as Kuiper Belt Objects rather than true planets; definitely B list astronomical bodies.
|
|
|
11-08-2005, 21:42
|
#38
|
|
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,572
|
Re: The 10th World
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Theodoric
Possibly because it, and also Pluto, should be considered as Kuiper Belt Objects rather than true planets; definitely B list astronomical bodies.
|
From what I've read, that is a minority opinion amongst astronomers. Sedna (if indeed that is what it's eventually called) was announced a couple of years ago but they waited until all the arguing was over before confirming it as a planet. It is a planet, as is Pluto (which is a smaller body).
|
|
|
12-08-2005, 09:07
|
#39
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London
Posts: 2,974
|
Re: The 10th World
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Chris T
From what I've read, that is a minority opinion amongst astronomers. Sedna (if indeed that is what it's eventually called) was announced a couple of years ago but they waited until all the arguing was over before confirming it as a planet. It is a planet, as is Pluto (which is a smaller body).
|
As long as I don't become a persecuted minority. (Not that I'm an astronomer.)
As you say, it's larger than Pluto. As astrology seems to pay no attention to the distance of a planet from Earth, I await with interest to see how they intend to handle this one. They seem to have managed to incorporate Pluto into astrology without any problem.
|
|
|
12-08-2005, 09:11
|
#40
|
|
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,572
|
Re: The 10th World
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Theodoric
As long as I don't become a persecuted minority. (Not that I'm an astronomer.)
As you say, it's larger than Pluto. As astrology seems to pay no attention to the distance of a planet from Earth, I await with interest to see how they intend to handle this one. They seem to have managed to incorporate Pluto into astrology without any problem.
|
Funny that. Or perhaps the fact that no-one has been taking account of Sedna up until now is the reason why horoscopes are useless?
I think I read somewhere that some crazy American woman is trying to sue Nasa for crashing a probe into a comet, fractionally altering its trajectory and thereby mucking up her horoscope ...
|
|
|
12-08-2005, 09:17
|
#41
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London
Posts: 2,974
|
Re: The 10th World
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Chris T
Funny that. Or perhaps the fact that no-one has been taking account of Sedna up until now is the reason why horoscopes are useless?
I think I read somewhere that some crazy American woman is trying to sue Nasa for crashing a probe into a comet, fractionally altering its trajectory and thereby mucking up her horoscope ... 
|
I've just googled on +sedna +astrology and got 10,000 hits!
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:18.
|