Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Formula 1 Talk 2007 Season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Formula 1 Talk 2007 Season

Old 07-07-2007, 15:47   #31
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
Hamilton takes pole for British GP

Looks like tomorrows race is gonna be a good one

LINK
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2007, 16:52   #32
homealone

Re: Hamilton takes pole for British GP

I wish I knew what the relative fuel loads were, for the final pole position session.

But yes, the stage is set for what could be a fascinating tussle, Raikkonen looked to be very angry after his mistake probably cost him the pole, but I have to say I admire Hamilton's ability to get the job done, despite the huge pressure he has been under since getting back from France.

I hope David Coulthard can get in the points, too
Old 22-07-2007, 10:43   #33
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Formula 1 Talk 2007 Season

Phew, Lewis Hamilton's crash wasn't too serious as he's been cleared to race.

There's some good footage of it here (although the commentry is in German). You can clearly see the part where part of the wheel came loose and then seconds later - bang! - into the wall.

edit - ITV footage of it here, shorter but it is in Engrish.
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 15:49   #34
eddie00001
Inactive

Services: Sky Broadband Sky HD
eddie00001 has entered a golden reputation eraeddie00001 has entered a golden reputation eraeddie00001 has entered a golden reputation eraeddie00001 has entered a golden reputation eraeddie00001 has entered a golden reputation eraeddie00001 has entered a golden reputation eraeddie00001 has entered a golden reputation eraeddie00001 has entered a golden reputation eraeddie00001 has entered a golden reputation eraeddie00001 has entered a golden reputation eraeddie00001 has entered a golden reputation era

See the FIA are not going to punish McLaren, although they have said the reserve the right to 'invite' them back should the find evidance in the furture which shows they gained an 'unfair' advantage from the Ferrari documents
eddie00001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 20:30   #35
j52c
Inactive

j52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant future

This whole thing smells of a setup.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2007/7/6542.html

Remember at the beginning of the season when Mclaren exposed the moving floor that Ferrari were using and after the FIA investigated it was found to be illegal, so who are Ferrari to talk about fairness in F1, look back at the other things they have done.

There is a section in this link it was one of Ferrari's own men that told Maclaren about the moving floor.
http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,189...612679,00.html

It was also at the end of last season that the main man at Ferrari told his team they had to win the championship this year, maybe they are trying to do this by what is happening, stranger things have happened.
j52c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 14:21   #36
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic

Oh dear! Looks like Alonso will have a flea in his ear soon, after the qualifying debacle. Hamilton's body language said it all, in the press conference.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/6929333.stm
pedantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 15:01   #37
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedantic View Post
Oh dear! Looks like Alonso will have a flea in his ear soon, after the qualifying debacle. Hamilton's body language said it all, in the press conference.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/6929333.stm
It certainly had Ron Dennis acting more upset than I've ever seen him, in public, the only consolation being that if Alonso thinks he has to resort to gamesmanship to beat Hamilton, then it is a psychological victory for Lewis, even if it doesn't translate into points on the track.

If I were Ron Dennis I wouldn't be planning to renew Alonso's contract next season, I don't care how good a driver he is, cheats shouldn't be allowed to prosper - something Ferrari should have done with Shumacher, too....
Old 04-08-2007, 15:45   #38
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Services: 10Mb BB, DTV & Phone
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star

Such blatant cheating deserves some sort of disciplinary measure, Ron Dennis looked apoplectic with rage. If it was up to me I'd make Alonso sit out the race, I wonder if the FIA will take any action.
Delta Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 17:56   #39
keithwalton
Inactive

keithwalton has reached the bronze age
keithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze age

It wasnt 'cheating' however it was unsporting behaviour,
lewis was faster in all head to heads so should walk all over alonso tomorrow. If alonso was concerned before that mac will be backing lewis rather than him, well they will now.

As for massa's fun i was laughing so much, especially when we got the shot of todt almost crying it couldnt of happend to a nicer bunch of cheats.
It looks to me as if they forgot to refuel him as they did put a splash of fuel in the car when they'd pulled him back.

---------- Post added at 17:56 ---------- Previous post was at 15:59 ----------

It seems the stewards are now investigating the matter http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61353
and they want to hear what was said over the radio.
If alonso was told how long he had to complete his outlap or given the order to go / hurry up he's in trouble. From Ronso throwing his headset into his wall of monitors would suggest that alonso didnt do as he was told
keithwalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 18:32   #40
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Alonso is a cheating (insert expletive here)

He should be dumped to 10th place.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 18:36   #41
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Alonso is a cheating (insert expletive here)

He should be dumped to 10th place.
I did read somewhere else that Ron Dennis should decide Alonso needs an engine change, which would do just that

Unfortunately he has to think of the team position & I doubt he would want to risk losing constructor points over a personnel problem?
Old 04-08-2007, 20:11   #42
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Did you see Ron Dennis frog marching Alonso's trainer down the pit lane, its a good job there were people about, it looked as though he was going to throttle him there and then.

Jim.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 20:38   #43
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Did you see Ron Dennis frog marching Alonso's trainer down the pit lane, its a good job there were people about, it looked as though he was going to throttle him there and then.

Jim.
yes Including the firm way he removed the guy's headphones

It will be interesting to see what the enquiry comes up with??

- Shame, in a way, because the problems Massa had were, perhaps, more serious, but have been overshadowed by this incident
Old 04-08-2007, 21:43   #44
keithwalton
Inactive

keithwalton has reached the bronze age
keithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze age

Apparently it was all hammiltons fault for not letting alonso through at the start of Q3, which seems a trifle odd as hammy was in clear air out on his own yet alonso had kimi up his chuff.
They say alonso was supposed to go one lap longer first off which tbh he could of done irrespective of road position its not as if hammy was slowing him down.
The getting of alonso's trainer was to apparently calm alonso down whilst ronso was going to calm hammy down.

As for the engine change idea, no can do. After qualy has started parc ferme is in effect. any engine changes means relegation to p22 not a 10 place drop.

I wonder if fisi is going to get handed a penalty for blocking yammo'
If i were the stewards i would delete the time associated with just after there incidents to remove any 'unfair' advantage they gained
keithwalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 21:57   #45
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwalton View Post
Apparently it was all hammiltons fault for not letting alonso through at the start of Q3, which seems a trifle odd as hammy was in clear air out on his own yet alonso had kimi up his chuff.
They say alonso was supposed to go one lap longer first off which tbh he could of done irrespective of road position its not as if hammy was slowing him down.
The getting of alonso's trainer was to apparently calm alonso down whilst ronso was going to calm hammy down.

As for the engine change idea, no can do. After qualy has started parc ferme is in effect. any engine changes means relegation to p22 not a 10 place drop.

I wonder if fisi is going to get handed a penalty for blocking yammo'
If i were the stewards i would delete the time associated with just after there incidents to remove any 'unfair' advantage they gained
thanks, the fisichella 'blocking' incident was another which was under reported due to the apparent in-fighting at McLaren - the engine change was always a 'tongue in cheek' suggestion, as I'm sure you know