Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Shocking virgin media installation

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Shocking virgin media installation

Old 28-11-2007, 17:54   #31
snazzy
Inactive

Services: BB/TV/Phone
snazzy is on a distinguished roadsnazzy is on a distinguished road
Re: Shocking virgin media installation

If this was my house I'd feel peeved also. BUT! had the engineer bothered to point out what he was doing and then said how long it would take to clear it up, I may well have over looked it. But he just legged it didn't he?
snazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-12-2007, 21:45   #32
Talon
Inactive

Services: 2 X V+ 2omb Broadband
Talon is an unknown quantity at this point

Pathetic!!!! Stop whinging its a cable and when the new one is pulled it will be removed i am an engineer for virgin and have done hundreds of temp fixes like this all without people moaning it takes at the most a week or two to get a repull done after that the cable will go it would be diffrent if it was you that wanted your services on.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2007, 23:30   #33
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Exclamation Re: Shocking virgin media installation

2 temp feeds done this week as waiting time for repulls is 2 weeks As installs are very busy
Nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2007, 18:10   #34
Jonnymeg
Inactive

Jonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedkelly View Post
2 temp feeds done this week as waiting time for repulls is 2 weeks As installs are very busy
VERY BUSY due to the V+ offers.
Used to install about 3 V+ boxes a week, now i am doing about 7 a day!
Jonnymeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 12:39   #35
Monty731

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_0ne View Post
Spoke to virgin media again today about installation tech not turning up yesterday (wednesday)

complaints checked log and work number etc and confirmed they were due to come but due to an "error" on the computer system they dindt turn out.

Told next available date is 7th December so nearly a month after the original poor workmanship.

VM customer service just went down another level
To put things in perspective, it could be worse:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7165602.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/7165500.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/7165470.stm
Old 31-12-2007, 15:44   #36
snazzy
Inactive

Services: BB/TV/Phone
snazzy is on a distinguished roadsnazzy is on a distinguished road

I can't agree with your “ to put things into perspective” posting. Stuff happens all the time around the world. A lot of things happen as a culmination of the little things not being dealt with. Forget broadband. Think how the little scroats that run about our streets get away with stabbing people and rapping and all the rest of the sh.t that get away with. This is brought about by that fact that their parents don't give a toss and all the little wrongs they do are never dealt with.

Dangerous dog attack and kill people 'cos it's never been dealt with. Oh yeah, government may bring out some new dangerous dogs act. But if now one givers a crap about it, and no one is interested in enforcing it you may as well not bother.

They're complaining in the press about the amount of Polls that have come into England. They expected 13,500 and they say that it's more like 800,000 to 1,000,000. Well is it any wonder when you give people money for free, housing, NHS and so on. I can't think of a single place I could go to where I could get everything I need for free.

As for broadband and the VM service in general. From my perspective it has gotten worse over the last quarter. The little things have most definitely not been dealt with. Hence one of the few options left, is to just to tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine.
snazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 16:08   #37
sollp
cf.mega poster

Services: Virginmobile,Sky TV, ZEN 76Mb,ZEN Phone line.
sollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnymeg View Post
Your neighbours cable was obviously damaged preventing the tech installing their kit correctly.
Connecting to your cable is called a 'Temp Fix'. This would be done just to get them on that day. Because of the work required it is not possible to pull a new drop cable on the same day and it will have been booked in to replace it over the comings days.
Ask your neighbour when it is being done, they should have been told.....if not they can call VM to get the date.

Cutting or removing the cable will only be spiteful to your neighbour and will not make VM attend any quicker.

Compensation? What for? You have not lost any service, suffered any damage or really be put upon.

I will agree with you on the routing of the cable though, it is shoddy and if it was a permanent fixture i would be very upset and take swift action with the scissors. But as it is only going to be a few days i would take satisfaction from the fact i am helping my fellow man.
You do not use the next door neighbour as a Temporary fix full stop, they have no right to do this full stop
sollp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 17:27   #38
Jonnymeg
Inactive

Jonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollp View Post
You do not use the next door neighbour as a Temporary fix full stop, they have no right to do this full stop
Well in the real world this happens all the time. Full stop.
They have the right to do this if the asked the neighbour if they could. Full stop.
Old 31-12-2007, 23:44   #39
chamoan
Inactive

Services: 20MB, TV+PHONE
chamoan will become famous soon enoughchamoan will become famous soon enoughchamoan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_0ne View Post
On friday the neighbours had virgin come and install some services into their property.

When it was being done the technician was having trouble getting a signal so asked if he could temporarily connect to our box while he set it up and would then remove it straight after.

So we said ok.

However he connected them up and then buggered off.

Today i contacted virgin to complain asking for compensation as well as the wire removing immediately to which i am told THEY ARE ALLOWED TO DO and therefore cant remove it because we only "rent" the box off them.

Thats fair enough but we didnt give permission for the cable to remain there run across the path to the fence and then run over our fence to the next door neighbours house.

Ive told them they have until friday to remove it which they say they wont do anyway otherwise i will cut the wire myself.

I am then told i could be liable for criminal damage.

Virgin are absolute monkeys and the installation techs are pure cowboys had no bother when it was telewest.

Have been offered no compensation by the customer services manager as there is no damage to the property.

A letter WILL be on its way to offcom along with the pictures.

Virgin will also be getting a disconnection request off myself tomorrow aswell.

Rather petty, i find the pig ornament laying on its back with legs in the air showing its genitals more shocking
chamoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 14:57   #40
sollp
cf.mega poster

sollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful one

Quote:

Well in the real world this happens all the time. Full stop.
They have the right to do this if the asked the neighbour if they could. Full stop.
Well this is bad practice and shouldn't be allowed to happen for the very reason the OP is having the issue, whether he allowed them to or not.

The neighbour was doing his neighbour a favour, but he should not have been asked by the installers to do this. Again poor installations giving VM a bad name.

PS, I do live and work in the real world.
Old 01-01-2008, 18:59   #41
Jonnymeg
Inactive

Quote:
Well this is bad practice and shouldn't be allowed to happen for the very reason the OP is having the issue, whether he allowed them to or not.
So is this your personal opinion or do you work for VM and are stating company operating procedures?

I personally do not see why this should not happen. There are MANY people who do not have a problem with it. And MANY people who have benefited from it.
Old 01-01-2008, 22:14   #42
sollp
cf.mega poster

Quote:
So is this your personal opinion or do you work for VM and are stating company operating procedures?

I personally do not see why this should not happen. There are MANY people who do not have a problem with it. And MANY people who have benefited from it.
Yes i do work for VM, and yes it is bad practice, this being a good reason why it shouldn't happen
Old 02-01-2008, 17:37   #43
Jonnymeg
Inactive

Quote:
Yes i do work for VM, and yes it is bad practice, this being a good reason why it shouldn't happen
Are you saying that this is company policy that this type of work in forbidden?

So from a business point of view you would suggest letting down a new customer?
My guess is that a new customer who has a cancelled installation, for what ever reason, is more likely to cancel completely than most.

It is bad practice to leave an installation in that condition without having arranged remedial works. The actual process of temp fixes, in my opinion, is necessary to ensure jobs are completed on the first occasion.
Old 02-01-2008, 18:44   #44
sollp
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Are you saying that this is company policy that this type of work in forbidden?

So from a business point of view you would suggest letting down a new customer?
My guess is that a new customer who has a cancelled installation, for what ever reason, is more likely to cancel completely than most.

It is bad practice to leave an installation in that condition without having arranged remedial works. The actual process of temp fixes, in my opinion, is necessary to ensure jobs are completed on the first occasion.
Look it's incorrect, this is a prime example of giving 2 customers a bad experience instead of 1 which still shouldn't happen. So from a business point of view this is the wrong way of doing it.

And to answer your question as to whether this is company policy to do this, it certainly isn't.

I have seen this many times, as i have seen many poor installations which give VM a bad name, installations cause many issues and problem so they need to do the job properly not bodge it and scarper.
Old 02-01-2008, 20:14   #45
Jonnymeg
Inactive

Quote:
Look it's incorrect, this is a prime example of giving 2 customers a bad experience instead of 1 which still shouldn't happen. So from a business point of view this is the wrong way of doing it..
So how is the new customer in this case getting a bad experience? He had an installation take place on the day he booked and therefore did not have a wasted day? On this occasion we have one customer who is unhappy which can easily be put right.

If the original customer had taken a day of work at a finacial cost to himself only to be let down then he would have been less likely to take a second day of at a financial cost to the business who had already spent £'s on securing the sale.

Quote:
And to answer your question as to whether this is company policy to do this, it certainly isn't.
Well in the real world it happens every day. And as far as installers and service tech's go it is an acceptable way of restoring service as a temp. measure. You may well be of the understanding that installs are being left like this as a permanent solution.

Quote:
I have seen this many times, as i have seen many poor installations which give VM a bad name, installations cause many issues and problem so they need to do the job properly not bodge it and scarper.
Because they are not followed up and dealt with correctly.