Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | France win the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

France win the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

Old 10-07-2018, 21:07   #376
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
When do previous yellow cards get cancelled, I thought Mbappe got booked against Uruguay in the quarters. I was thinking back to Gazza’s tears when he got a yellow in the semis against Germany?
Was wiped before this game.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2018, 21:10   #377
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Yep, just checked it out. When did they change that ruling?
iadom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 21:13   #378
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Yep, just checked it out. When did they change that ruling?
Not that long ago.

---------- Post added at 21:13 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

Quote:
When do previous yellow cards get cancelled, I thought Mbappe got booked against Uruguay in the quarters. I was thinking back to Gazza’s tears when he got a yellow in the semis against Germany?
And Mr Lineker making gestures to the manager as he knew how upsetting it was for Gazza.
Old 10-07-2018, 21:23   #379
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Let’s hope Telegraph sports correspondent Sam Wallace (on screen now ) is right.
So far he has predicted the correct winners of all last 16 games, quarters and tonight’s semi.

He has tipped England to beat Croatia but hasn’t yet predicted the winner of the final.
Old 10-07-2018, 21:43   #380
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Didn't have a preference of who I'd want to play. Both teams were absolutely hesitant at times and that's understandable, I'd expect France to show the same hesitancy in the final and that absolutely suits us. Throw the kitchen sink at them but for the love of God don't play with that same hesitancy. France can be had. Bully them. Set pieces will be absolutely crucial. France will be concerned with marking the likes of Maguire, Kane and Stones so this is a good time to earmark another player for set pieces.

Get a good showing against Croatia to roll in with.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:17   #381
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Let’s hope Telegraph sports correspondent Sam Wallace (on screen now ) is right.
So far he has predicted the correct winners of all last 16 games, quarters and tonight’s semi.

He has tipped England to beat Croatia but hasn’t yet predicted the winner of the final.
Well l think l will worry about tonight's match first Jim as l remember the old saying "don't run before you can walk".
Old 11-07-2018, 10:00   #382
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l would prefer to play the French as l see vulnerability's in the defence and midfield.
Well their defence coped very well with Belgium and as for midfield I think the general consensus is that both Pogba and Kante have had a good campaign thus far.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:07   #383
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Well their defence coped very well with Belgium and as for midfield I think the general consensus is that both Pogba and Kante have had a good campaign thus far.
Personally l thought Martinez tinkered too much and played into the hands of France.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:13   #384
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

France and England have both won the cup before so I'm hoping Croatia make it. Nice to spread it around a bit. Else France. Anyone but England. It would be unbearable for England to win.

I really don't care about the game but the way the media still go on about 1966... It's just a game, win - cheer, celebrate a bit then move on, lose - congratulate the winners, drink to their success and move on.
Old 11-07-2018, 12:07   #385
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Anyone but England. It would be unbearable for England to win.

I really don't care about the game
For someone who ‘really doesn’t care ‘ you seem to be making several anti England posts.
Old 11-07-2018, 12:09   #386
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
For someone who ‘really doesn’t care ‘ you seem to be making several anti England posts.
Democracy as we know means everybody can have a different view Jim even if one disagrees with it.
Old 11-07-2018, 13:00   #387
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

That’s why I was exercising my right to comment Den.
Old 11-07-2018, 13:12   #388
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
That’s why I was exercising my right to comment Den.
l would be rather disappointed if you did not offer your pearls of wisdom Jim.
Old 11-07-2018, 13:38   #389
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

TBH Den, if I REALLY didn’t care about something I wouldn’t waste my time posting negative comments about it. However to say ‘I really don’t care’ on one line and then ‘anyone but England’ on another is a total contradiction. Unless of course tweetipooh has Celtic ancestry, then it’s par for the course.
Old 11-07-2018, 16:07   #390
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Could have a team GB similar to the Olympics. Except Gareth Bale is the only person I can think of that'd make a squad filled with English players. Just have to make do with being hated.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 11-07-2018 at 16:15.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote