Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 21:16   #361
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit Discussion (New thread-Follow First Post Rules!)

Jeremy Wright new Culture Secretary.

---------- Post added at 21:16 ---------- Previous post was at 21:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
If you voted for Brexit you put us in this position. I knew this would be the response of Brexiters when this went pear shaped, blame everyone else.
Noone is to blame for anything - you cannot blame people for holding a democratic choice!!!

I told you over the weekend that we are not playing the blame game - so pack it in, I do not want to see posts like this again.
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2018, 21:17   #362
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
No, you misunderstand.

The page you linked to said:

'We should negotiate a new UK-EU deal based on free trade and friendly cooperation. We end the supremacy of EU law. We regain control'.

I think what most Brexiteers had in mind was a trade deal such as we are seeking from other countries, not the belt and braces job that the government have been talking about for the last couple of years.
Oh, I misunderstand? Ok ...

Can you explain how a "new UK-EU deal based on free trade " is the same thing as the WTO rules-based Hard Brexit you now say the Leavers all voted for?

This should be good
Old 09-07-2018, 21:54   #363
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Seems we need a Reminder of the rules of this topic.

I will NOT tolerate anybody causing provocation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable Forum View Post
The old Brexit thread, due to it's size and other issues, has now been closed.

While opening a new thread on Brexit. It has been noticed over the last few days that, we seem to be falling back in to the pathetic child like arguments, using words such as "Remoaners and Brexstremists".

A person who voted to leave the EU and expects that result to be enacted and leave the EU in it's entirety, they are not a extreme or hard Brexiteer.

So therefore, do not use any kind of extra labeling that can be considered provocative by either side.

AND NO getting around this rule by using different variations that amount to the same meaning.... such as "Extreme Brexiteers" or "Hard Brexiteers" or any other variation that labels a Brexiteer in any other form.

1) Avoid using these provocative terms. Remember CF terms and conditions state members should not provoke other members.

Attitudes towards each other are also unacceptable. The team are sick of the constant same petty arguments day in, day out. Enough is enough. The back biting has to finally stop.

2) Act more civil towards other members, lose the bad attitudes.

Some members are also going ridiculously over old ground, for some reason discussing merits of either leaving or not leaving the EU. Brexit has now become law, the UK is leaving the EU.

As of 27/6/18, Prime Minister Theresa May is still indicating that the UK will be leaving the Customs Union and Single Market.

3) We need to start moving on, stop using Provocative terms towards each other. If this does not happen, this new thread will ultimately be closed (And the persons responsible for it's closure dealt with accordingly).

Updated: 6/7/18

---------- Post added at 21:54 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

64% of Britains don't trust Theresa May in Brexit negotiations - Sky News Data Poll suggests and just 22% Trust her to get the best possible deal.

You need to go May.

Geoffrey Cox appointed Attorney General.
Old 09-07-2018, 21:59   #364
RizzyKing

Lol not a single addressing of the points i made just more silliness and for the record while some may be internet brave I'm more then happy to meet anyone face to face and repeat any comment I've made as I've done in the past. I'll remain logged in for one more day if anyone wants to arrange anything.

Old 09-07-2018, 23:33   #365
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

I haven't posted on here for almost a week because . . . well to be frank, many people (myself included) in this and the previous thread are acting almost exactly the same as those useless, clueless, bickering, incompetent MP's that we all deride and shout 'good riddance' to

We all seem to know what's best for everyone else, but we don't, because we all have different circumstances, political ideals, occupations, localities etc etc.

I voted not to 'go in' in the first place and still feel the same.
At the time of the 'vote' I had no ideas about hard brexits, soft brexits, semi brexits, Norwegian brexits or any other kind of brexit . . I just wanted out.
Old 10-07-2018, 05:20   #366
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
me to he was very bad health secretary
Well the new health secretary Matt Hancock certainly cannot be as bad as the slippery Jeremy Hunt because as soon as there was a crisis he would do his disappearing act off to some foreign bolthole.

---------- Post added at 05:12 ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Seems we need a Reminder of the rules of this topic.

I will NOT tolerate anybody causing provocation.

---------- Post added at 21:54 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

64% of Britains don't trust Theresa May in Brexit negotiations - Sky News Data Poll suggests and just 22% Trust her to get the best possible deal.

You need to go May.

Geoffrey Cox appointed Attorney General.
And who would you replace her with? as the potential candidates are even more unpopular then the PM.

---------- Post added at 05:20 ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
I haven't posted on here for almost a week because . . . well to be frank, many people (myself included) in this and the previous thread are acting almost exactly the same as those useless, clueless, bickering, incompetent MP's that we all deride and shout 'good riddance' to

We all seem to know what's best for everyone else, but we don't, because we all have different circumstances, political ideals, occupations, localities etc etc.

I voted not to 'go in' in the first place and still feel the same.
At the time of the 'vote' I had no ideas about hard brexits, soft brexits, semi brexits, Norwegian brexits or any other kind of brexit . . I just wanted out.
l voted remain but accepted the referendum result as democracy and what it entails should be respected but sadly since the referendum result its sadly been a complete omnishambles and that's being rather kind.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:06   #367
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Lol not a single addressing of the points i made just more silliness and for the record while some may be internet brave I'm more then happy to meet anyone face to face and repeat any comment I've made as I've done in the past. I'll remain logged in for one more day if anyone wants to arrange anything.
I really don't think posts like this are helpful Rizzy - Please don't post objectionable stuff like this . I can relate to why you got upset and this has now been addressed.

Not one of the 17.4 Million voters of leaving the EU is to blame for the current shambles we are seeing today, so we know who levied that blame and they have been told in no uncertain terms that they will not do such a thing a again because they are fundamentally wrong and out of order.

It's the same nonsense over again of accusing one side of doing something they should not have done, when all they were doing were exercising their democratic right to vote one way or the other. But this blame crap will stop.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:01   #368
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

So May survived yesterday and after Boris there were a couple of minor resignations but no great revolt yet or a leadership challenge.

I wonder if it's in May's interest in intentionally spark a challenge though. Tory Party rules mean that if you've successfully won a confidence vote then you cannot be challenged for another year, a year which would take us past Brexit Day.

Does she really want to spent the next few months negotiating with the EU with the threat of a coup hanging over her head? Draw the poison now, put up or shut up style. If she gets though this period she'll end up with the starting point for a deal, a united Cabinet and be safe politically.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:39   #369
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Personally l don't think anybody is going to put their head above the parapet and lay down a challenge to her as who is going to come forward and possess the courage to do that?
Old 10-07-2018, 08:46   #370
Mick
Cable Forum Team

70% of Conservative Membership is said to be very very unhappy with May's Brexit strategy and her previous making red lines on certain aspects of Brexit, leaving CU, SM etc but now wants to apply a common rule book where the EU is still very much in control of our economy and we don't have any say or powers. Thus, we are a Vassal State, this is NOT what the electorate voted for.

She has lost her mind, she has to go, it should be a true Brexiteer at the helm, she is a Remainer and showing her true colours.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:56   #371
denphone
Still alive and fighting

The trouble there is two thirds of those in the cabinet voted remain at the referendum and l certainly can't see them allowing a Brexiteer becoming the party leader in a month of Sunday's.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:59   #372
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

The Conservative Membership are only really important in a leadership election at which point May would already be out.

I don't understand why the common rulebook, regulatory alignment, is such a big deal anyway. UK businesses would mostly keep to EU regulation since the EU is, by far, the biggest single regulatory block we export too and given it's geographic proximity would remain so. Even if we reverted to WTO this would likely be the case. Other visions of Brexit had regulatory alignment as a prerequisite for any trade deal.

If the country is going to get obsessed over regulation of goods then any trade deal would be a pain since that's a key element.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:03   #373
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The trouble there is two thirds of those in the cabinet voted remain at the referendum and l certainly can't see them allowing a Brexiteer becoming the party leader in a month of Sunday's.

especially one that wants a hard Brexit and falling of a cliff edge the party that does that will be out of power for very long time indeed
Old 10-07-2018, 09:24   #374
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I don't understand why the common rulebook, regulatory alignment, is such a big deal anyway. UK businesses would mostly keep to EU regulation since the EU is, by far, the biggest single regulatory block we export too and given it's geographic proximity would remain so. Even if we reverted to WTO this would likely be the case. Other visions of Brexit had regulatory alignment as a prerequisite for any trade deal.

If the country is going to get obsessed over regulation of goods then any trade deal would be a pain since that's a key element.
My reading of the common rulebook is that the aim is for a 'single market lite' where all goods produced for and by the UK market are, by default, good for the EU market too. For manufactured goods, not such a biggie as declarations of conformity cover this anyway (though there is the issue of who approves CE marking for example)

It's a much bigger deal in agriculture, where adherence to phytosanitary and veterinary standards are an issue and each shipment would require examination without a common standard. The northern irish dairy industry was very concerned and very noisy about this!
Old 10-07-2018, 09:26   #375
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
especially one that wants a hard Brexit and falling of a cliff edge the party that does that will be out of power for very long time indeed
The British electorate are generally a fairy moderate lot and thus don't like extremes of governance IMO..