Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV price rises

Old 07-02-2012, 11:20   #346
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future
Re: TV price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
Hardly a very tough decison though if your quids in a month go for it,but what price will skys fibre optic variant be i wonder? i suspect the price will be much closer to the VM price you quoted,but since i have not seen any sky broadband fibre optic prices i could of course be wrong.
Like has been said its around £10 per month more for fibre so taking that into account Sky's price will be around £103. So I think both VM and Sky offer similar packages, want more TV and more HD have sky, want faster BB and better VOD have VM. I think I may give Retentions a call and see if they can offer me something to combat the Quidco payment I'd get out of Sky. I'd rather stay with VM but as you've put Richard saving money is saving money!
Firmsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2012, 12:02   #347
ryan2801
Inactive

ryan2801 is an unknown quantity at this point

Will see if VM care if I leave their BB/phone package later. They honestly didn't give a flying one about my cancelling the TV/Tivo service
And be wary of them giving price discounts now for 12 month contracts, only for the price to increase again in April.
ryan2801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:48   #348
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan2801 View Post
Will see if VM care if I leave their BB/phone package later. They honestly didn't give a flying one about my cancelling the TV/Tivo service
And be wary of them giving price discounts now for 12 month contracts, only for the price to increase again in April.
If the price increases you have a right to cancel that product.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 13:32   #349
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

My water bill has gone up- NO H D water , no extra taps & poor customer service . Also I can`t change to Severn Trent. Funny how prices rise for no reason isnt it.!
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 13:55   #350
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

No HD water!? You should complain, Anglia Water gives us 3D at no extra!
Firmsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 17:19   #351
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmsky View Post
Like has been said its around £10 per month more for fibre so taking that into account Sky's price will be around £103. So I think both VM and Sky offer similar packages, want more TV and more HD have sky, want faster BB and better VOD have VM. I think I may give Retentions a call and see if they can offer me something to combat the Quidco payment I'd get out of Sky. I'd rather stay with VM but as you've put Richard saving money is saving money!
I would give rentensions a call and run the sky price past them,before christmas i got a deal of about £7 a month off my current price bringing my package down from £77.50 to £70.50 but they required another 12 month contract.

As you say very similar packages but its worth seeing what kind of deal VM can offer first before deciding.
Old 07-02-2012, 23:57   #352
MrB
cf.addict

MrB is on a distinguished roadMrB is on a distinguished road

"Hi, I'm Richard Branson and I'm increasing your bill"

Call me cynical, but the last time that they increased the broadband speeds for "free" (widely advertised), they then put the prices up. There is a common theme in the VM approach. The concept of false advertising springs to mind (Cue VM fans jumping in to say that the two are not linked, as last time ...).

So anyone asking "what else will we get to justify the price increase?" - you didn't think that the "Tickles" were free did you ...

MrB
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:43   #353
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

I'll be using this as an excuse to cancel my services as not happy with how the service performs in evenings and not happy how they have dealt with it so far either...
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:04   #354
kop32
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
kop32 has reached the bronze age
kop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
There speaks a man who speaks with unbiasedness and total authority in his words.
Kettle and Pot me thinks Den!!
kop32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:57   #355
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
My water bill has gone up- NO H D water , no extra taps & poor customer service . Also I can`t change to Severn Trent. Funny how prices rise for no reason isnt it.!
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:34   #356
manofdevon
Inactive

manofdevon is on a distinguished roadmanofdevon is on a distinguished road

I think from past experience Virgin refuse to let you cancel service at price increase time but make you finish the original contract including any increases.

Is that correct?
manofdevon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:15   #357
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Nope they are obliged to let you cancel within 30 days of announcing it I believe, it is in the T&Cs
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:56   #358
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

But only the service(s) with a price increase...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:27   #359
ryan2801
Inactive

ryan2801 is an unknown quantity at this point

They didn't care less when I cancelled all of my packages with them yesterday. 15 years I've had cable, managed by good honest companies until VM came along and completely ruined the service. They truly go from bad to worse.
ryan2801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:39   #360
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
But only the service(s) with a price increase...
All of them then?
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote