Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coronavirus
View Poll Results: When you become eligible for the Covid Vaccine, would you take it?
Yes 76 84.44%
No 8 8.89%
Unsure 6 6.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2021, 16:47   #3571
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Speculative at best.
It's not speculative, if you had bothered to read the scientific studies I posted you would know that, but then that would mean you were informed.
Old 09-02-2021, 16:58   #3572
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
It's not speculative, if you had bothered to read the scientific studies I posted you would know that, but then that would mean you were informed.
On the contrary Pierre it would mean I became further distracted by speculative nonsense.

We've real world, observed analysis of this coronavirus and it's variants.

If they were all much of a muchness as your simplistic hypothesis suggests then no such observations would take place and, in all likelihood, vaccines would perform roughly the same. It's all T cell and B cell immunity after all, innit?
Old 09-02-2021, 17:55   #3573
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
You're wasting your time, he will just argue and argue and argue until you get fed up.
Only he is right, no one else, all seeing and all knowing, you should know that by now.

Now I think about it, he really does remind me of Graham, thanks Chris.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 09-02-2021, 18:20   #3574
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
You're wasting your time, he will just argue and argue and argue until you get fed up.
Only he is right, no one else, all seeing and all knowing, you should know that by now.

I know but I can't help myself, sort of a self flagellation. A morbid curiosity of the diseased mind.

---------- Post added at 18:20 ---------- Previous post was at 18:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
On the contrary Pierre it would mean I became further distracted by speculative nonsense.

We've real world, observed analysis of this coronavirus and it's variants.

If they were all much of a muchness as your simplistic hypothesis suggests then no such observations would take place and, in all likelihood, vaccines would perform roughly the same. It's all T cell and B cell immunity after all, innit?
Not my hypothesis.

Quote:
hCoV Cross-Reactive T Cell Memory
There is now also evidence that pre-existing T cell immunity to common cold coronaviruses can prime the response to SARS-CoV-2. Using functional validation of predicted epitopes when arranged in epitope “megapools” and using PBMCs derived from convalescing COVID-19 cases, Grifoni et al. (49) recently reported that all patients studied consistently generated a substantial CD4+/CD8+ T cell response against SARS-CoV-2. In terms of total CD4+ T cell response per donor, on average ~50% of the detected response was directed against the Spike protein, and ~50% was directed against the rest of the SARS-CoV-2 ORFeome. More importantly, when the exact same set of experimental techniques were used with blood samples from healthy control donors (collected between 2015 and 2018) substantial cross-reactive coronavirus T cell memory was detected, suggesting cross-reactive T cell recognition between seasonal cold coronaviruses and SARS-CoV-2. All healthy donors were IgG seropositive to HCoV-OC43 and NL63 RBD, to varying degrees, in line with the endemic nature of these viruses (50–54).
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles...Bu9EUlI5BK5nlY

This is all very new cutting edge stuff, and it goes some way to explaining why there are such varying responses to the Virus, and why so many people seem to be unaffected by it.
Old 09-02-2021, 19:35   #3575
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Covid vaccine tracker.
Quote:
Researchers are in the process of developing more than 170 potential vaccines to protect against coronavirus.
Never before have so many teams worked simultaneously to create a drug that could save the lives of millions of people.
Sky News is following the race to create a vaccine to protect against COVID-19.
https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...ccine-12030675
Old 09-02-2021, 21:04   #3576
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post

I'm not really sure what my motivation for doing as you describe would be.

Some members have been consistently over-optimistic, clutching at one straw after another after another to be disappointed as we enter new restrictions (and new lockdowns) because they ignored what has been staring them in the face for some time.

I'm more interested in why others want to live in denial of the evidence out there and clutch at outdated hypothetical studies that contradict the real world data because it gives them a more comforting, if deluded, narrative.

However, I can offer some positive news in Israel Prime Minister Netanyahu has announced that 97% of Covid deaths that have occurred in the last 30 days have occurred in the non-vaccinated community. I'm sure they'll be looking into the 3% very closely. It'll be interesting to see when (or if) similar data emerges and if they'll break it down by who has had one dose or both doses of the appropriate vaccine.

Last edited by jfman; 09-02-2021 at 21:18.
Old 09-02-2021, 22:52   #3577
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

I've not had a chance to view it, but Sky News has an interesting series on lessons learnt from the Coronavirus crisis in the UK.
Quote:
What follows is an in-depth look at the UK's handling of a pandemic that changed all our lives in ways unimaginable even just a year ago. What worked in our response? What didn't? How can we be better prepared next time?
https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...he-uk-12212258
Old 10-02-2021, 07:25   #3578
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
To quote a former forum member of long ago: “hello pot, this is kettle calling!”

(Anyone else remember Graham? He used to make leather goods and sell them at bondage fairs, and spent hours on here complaining about logical fallacies)
I missed Graham, he could be very funny when pointing out said logical fallacies.
Old 10-02-2021, 09:42   #3579
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
To quote a former forum member of long ago: “hello pot, this is kettle calling!”

(Anyone else remember Graham? He used to make leather goods and sell them at bondage fairs, and spent hours on here complaining about logical fallacies)
... phalluses?

My advice is at your risk.
Old 10-02-2021, 12:44   #3580
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

We should have followed Australia.

I was talking to my cousin who live in Perth Australia, the other day they had their first case in 10 months, within 3 hours they had a 5-day lockdown.

She said police challenged and offered a guy a mask, he refused saying it's a conspiracy etc, well he was sent to prison for 3 months.

I can't read it myself as it doesn't like my ad blocker, I did see 18 days (I guess it includes good behaviour.)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-lockdown.html

https://www.ladbible.com/news/latest...kdown-20210202

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.

Last edited by Hom3r; 10-02-2021 at 12:57.
Old 10-02-2021, 14:03   #3581
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Here you go Hom3r.
Quote:
A shopper will spend 18 days in jail after he refused to wear a face mask on the first day of Perth's harsh coronavirus lockdown.

The 41-year-old man was outside a shopping centre on the Great Eastern Highway in Midland when he was approached by police officers on Monday.

Police allege the man was not wearing a face mask and asked him to do so, in accordance with the latest restrictions in the city.

Face masks were made mandatory as metropolitan Perth, the Peel region and the South West region were plunged into a five-day lockdown after a hotel quarantine security guard tested positive to Covid-19.
Old 10-02-2021, 15:42   #3582
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine recommended for adults of all ages, say scientists advising the World Health Organisation
https://news.sky.com/story/oxford-as...ation-12214373
Old 10-02-2021, 15:47   #3583
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine recommended for adults of all ages, say scientists advising the World Health Organisation
https://news.sky.com/story/oxford-as...ation-12214373
It's good for all age groups IF you ordered it on time

Last edited by Paul; 10-02-2021 at 15:59. Reason: Seriously, too big.
Old 10-02-2021, 16:11   #3584
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Can also be read as "it's better than doing nothing, but not much better than doing nothing in South Africa".
Old 10-02-2021, 16:26   #3585
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
South Africa are considering selling theirs so this could be an opportunity for some countries.
Closed Thread