Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 09:56   #3541
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoareyou View Post
Iv set a wishlist for a daily programme. Ideally id like to keep just the one copy. So everyday it records the new copy over the last copy. Iv set the wishlist to one only. But it just records the next episode and keeps that one until i delete it and then records the next. Anyway around this?
Yes. Also set it to "Keep until: I delete" (Perhaps you hadn't found that option yet!)

Edited to add:
Hang on.... what you have posted is correct behaviour. So I don't understand the problem. If it's already set to KUID then it shouldn't be recording one every day
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2011, 10:26   #3542
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Yes l am using that option as l do not want to lose recordings.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:26   #3543
whoareyou
Inactive

Services: V+. Tivo (soon). BB XL.
whoareyou is on a distinguished roadwhoareyou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Yes. Also set it to "Keep until: I delete" (Perhaps you hadn't found that option yet!)

Edited to add:
Hang on.... what you have posted is correct behaviour. So I don't understand the problem. If it's already set to KUID then it shouldn't be recording one every day
Right, what i want it to do though, is to say, record mondays edition, then record tuesday edition over it, etc, etc. This is available on the US tivo. Only keeping one edition at a time, which is an option on the wishlist.
The options available are only, keep till i delete or till space needed though.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:39   #3544
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Right, what i want it to do though, is to say, record mondays edition, then record tuesday edition over it, etc, etc. This is available on the US tivo. Only keeping one edition at a time, which is an option on the wishlist.
The options available are only, keep till i delete or till space needed though.
There is an option for keeping the amount of episodes though, not sure if it can be set to 1?

---------- Post added at 12:39 ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
How many apps do you think will come out and which ones.
Definately Facebook and Picassa as they are being tested. We haven't been told of any other just yet.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:39   #3545
whoareyou
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
There is an option for keeping the amount of episodes though, not sure if it can be set to 1?
Yeah, it can be, i have. But it wont record over that last episode!
Old 06-05-2011, 12:40   #3546
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Why do you want it to do that?
Old 06-05-2011, 12:50   #3547
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Why do you want it to do that?
Because he only wants the latest. Very useful for news programmes. (But it works for me.)

A possible difference is I use series links, not wishlists. I'm testing it with wishlists now.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:56   #3548
whoareyou
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Because he only wants the latest. Very useful for news programmes. (But it works for me.)

A possible difference is I use series links, not wishlists. I'm testing it with wishlists now.

thanks, thats exactly why. Perhaps ill just try it at a series link. On the delete option do you have 'till space needed' ?
Old 06-05-2011, 12:58   #3549
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Yes, till space needed.

Just a thought though - what symbol is it putting next to the recordings in My Shows? Mine also likes to record news programmes as Suggestions for me, which them get bundled into the same folders.
Old 06-05-2011, 13:02   #3550
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:

Ah, ok. I understand now.
Old 06-05-2011, 13:15   #3551
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
You sound like you would prefer an old VCR which you could use to "record over" existing episodes.
Old 06-05-2011, 14:11   #3552
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Ah, ok. I understand now.
As do I. Sorry. I assumed the OP was using a SL which should work exactly as described.
Old 06-05-2011, 14:25   #3553
whoareyou
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
You sound like you would prefer an old VCR which you could use to "record over" existing episodes.
Tell me more about this VCR thing you talk about

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:25 ----------

Quote:
Yes, till space needed.

Just a thought though - what symbol is it putting next to the recordings in My Shows? Mine also likes to record news programmes as Suggestions for me, which them get bundled into the same folders.
It puts the single episode into a folder with a star
Old 06-05-2011, 14:53   #3554
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Ok, I've tested Wishlists, and they keep the latest episode correctly too. All I can suggest is you delete and set up your WL/SL again.

---------- Post added at 14:53 ---------- Previous post was at 14:52 ----------

A star does mean it was recorded due to a Wishlist.
Old 06-05-2011, 15:09   #3555
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Angry Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:

---------- Post added at 12:39 ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 ----------

Definately Facebook and Picassa as they are being tested. We haven't been told of any other just yet.
Playing things close to your chest as usual
Closed Thread