Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Updated: Boris resigns as party leader

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Updated: Boris resigns as party leader
Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2022, 09:42   #3481
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation
Re: Updated: Boris resigns as party leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
People have largely moved on from this being the central issue of politics.
Oh no they haven’t. You are speaking with forked tongue Remoaner. Boris’s scalp has been the target ever since he led us out of the mealy-mouthed, appeasing EU.

Remainers never give up on their baloney.
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2022, 10:05   #3482
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Mordaunt strikes me as the candidate with the least adverse form.

I believe

Truss to be a facade,
Sunak to be uncommitted to the UK,
Hunt is rhyming slang,
Tugendhat to be least unacceptable
Javid to be too political,
Shapps ditto.
You are about right regards your analysis. You have, however, chosen the two people who have achieved nothing notable and who, for most people in the country, are anonymous.

I think it sums up the shallow pool of talent available when the only people available are those who were willing to unthinkingly follow the Pied Piper of Brexit.
Old 11-07-2022, 10:42   #3483
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
I think it sums up the shallow pool of talent available when the only people available are those who were willing to unthinkingly follow the Pied Piper of Brexit.
Yep, leave/remain is still the issue. At least you’re man enough to admit it; other remoaners are taking a more covert tack.
Old 11-07-2022, 10:52   #3484
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Oh no they haven’t. You are speaking with forked tongue Remoaner. Boris’s scalp has been the target ever since he led us out of the mealy-mouthed, appeasing EU.

Remainers never give up on their baloney.
Then why do you think the candidates are appealing to the membership with tax cuts and culture war issues as their focus rather than Brexit? All of them will say they support Brexit now it's done. None of them would dare try to reverse it or they'll be turfed out by their own party ASAP.

If Boris Johnson was the victim of a Remoaner plot then why were two of his biggest detractors in getting him out key figures of the Leave campaigns? Dominic Cummings and Steve Baker. If Remoaners were so powerful in the Tory Party they would have deposed Johnson long ago. He went because of his own incompetence.

As for me talking with a forked tongue then why would I? I am not involved in the Tory Party, I have no incentive to lie about what I think their internal fights are about. Believe it or not, people who supported Remain are not all in a secret club where we do our plotting.

I wanted Remain, we lost, I would vote to Remain again but it's not my obsession now.

Last edited by Damien; 11-07-2022 at 10:58.
Old 11-07-2022, 10:56   #3485
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
You are about right regards your analysis. You have, however, chosen the two people who have achieved nothing notable and who, for most people in the country, are anonymous.

Apart from your Brexit remark, you are sort of right about the shallow field.

But it occurs to me that someone who's not fully British (Tugendhat) as I've just found out, should be discounted. He holds dual British/French nationality and that's even worse than criminal!

So, for me, Mordaunt it is unless she fails to demonstrate that she is a full person in her own right, closer to the public that the other lot.

Otherwise, "none of the above".

My advice is at your risk.
Old 11-07-2022, 11:00   #3486
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Then why do you think the candidates are appealing to the membership with tax cuts and culture war issues as their focus rather than Brexit? All of them will say they support Brexit now it's done. None of them would dare try to reverse it or they'll be turfed out by their own party ASAP.

If Boris Johnson was the victim of a Remoaner plot then why were two of his biggest detractors in getting him out key figures of the Leave campaigns? Dominic Cummings and Steve Baker. If Remoaners were so powerful in the Tory Party they would have deposed Johnson long ago. He went because of his own incompetence.

As for me talking with a forked tongue then why would I? I am not involved in the Tory Party, I have no incentive to lie about what I think their internal fights are about. Believe it or not, people who supported Remain are not all in a secret club where we do our plotting.

I wanted Remain, we lost, I would vote to Remain again but it's not my obsession now.
Methinks thou doth protest too much Remoaner .
Old 11-07-2022, 11:12   #3487
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Methinks thou doth protest too much Remoaner .
Alright.

Quote:
[
But it occurs to me that someone who's not fully British (Tugendhat) as I've just found out, should be discounted. He holds dual British/French nationality and that's even worse than criminal!
Bit harsh. He even fought for Britain in the army. Dual nationals should be fine IMO.
Old 11-07-2022, 11:17   #3488
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Alright.

Bit harsh. He even fought for Britain in the army. Dual nationals should be fine IMO.
I think sephs a bit worried he might get a second job cycling around London selling onions.
Old 11-07-2022, 11:20   #3489
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Re: Updated: BORIS DEPOSED BY REMAINERS!

Quote:
Alright.
Aw, c’mon Redamien, it’s only a forum.
Old 11-07-2022, 11:24   #3490
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Alright.

But if you combine Remainer with French, I fear how he might handle the continuing Brexit issues. It needs teasing out of him by the press inquisitors.

Old 11-07-2022, 11:44   #3491
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
But if you combine Remainer with French, I fear how he might handle the continuing Brexit issues. It needs teasing out of him by the press inquisitors.
I suspect they won't go after him for being a French citizen.

Not sure if he'll get through to the final round anyway though. I think it'll be Truss vs Sunak.
Old 11-07-2022, 11:51   #3492
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
I suspect they won't go after him for being a French citizen.

Not sure if he'll get through to the final round anyway though. I think it'll be Truss vs Sunak.
That would be a great pity for me.

Old 11-07-2022, 12:00   #3493
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

I think they've all taken the Boris' precedent of lying now being allowed. Tax cuts for everyone, plus free sweeties, but no cuts to public services.
Might fool the Tory faithful but the electorate won't be conned.

Anyway, entertaining to see them tearing each other apart for a couple of months. Can't see any red wall voters , who might have voted for Boris, voting for any of these muppets. A shoe in for the innocent Sir K...

Meanwhile who is running the Country? I'm sure they haven’t put personal ambition ahead of the day job?
Old 11-07-2022, 12:12   #3494
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I think they've all taken the Boris' precedent of lying now being allowed. Tax cuts for everyone, plus free sweeties, but no cuts to public services.
Might fool the Tory faithful but the electorate won't be conned.

Anyway, entertaining to see them tearing each other apart for a couple of months. Can't see any red wall voters , who might have voted for Boris, voting for any of these muppets. A shoe in for the innocent Sir K...

Meanwhile who is running the Country? I'm sure they haven’t put personal ambition ahead of the day job?
You sort of have a point there, Mr, K. The red wall voters may take to Mordaunt but, imo, they would spit on Starmer

Old 11-07-2022, 12:16   #3495
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
That would be a great pity for me.
And for me. Governed by, on one hand, a person that is so out of touch with reality, he probably does not know how many homes he has and on the other, err, a moron.