Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 19:15   #316
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Pre Orders for launch XBox One get day one edition which comes with extra goodies

You'll get a limited edition Xbox One Day One branded controller, and a unique commemorative Day One Achievement, plus in-game DLC for a number of launch titles.

Quote:
UPDATE: Microsoft has now detailed the limited Day One Edition of Xbox One, available for those who reserve the system at participating retailers.

You'll get a limited edition Xbox One Day One branded controller, and a unique commemorative Day One Achievement, plus in-game DLC for a number of launch titles.

In Ryse: Son of Rome you'll get an exclusive multiplayer map and sword with bonus attributes. For Forza Motorsport 5 you get access to four cars tuned to the top of their class. In Kinect Sports Rivals you get exclusive sporting equipment and in Dead Rising 3 you'll get exclusive Frank West and Chuck Greene Tribute Packs with bonus attributes.

Xbox Live Gold will remain a subscription service, priced the same each month, although you will now get two free games a month on Xbox 360.
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2013, 19:21   #317
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
Plus Steam doesn't quite work in the same way. With most titles, once you have activated the game you are free to play it offline without requirement to authenticate on a regular basis. Not sure about Origin. Anyway you aren't just locked down to one digital distribution medium on the PC, there are alternatives and as a result there is competitive pricing if you look hard enough.

Ultimately, Microsoft are driving their strategy down from the boardroom and trying to foist their vision on the gaming community which is never going to be well received.
... plus as well as Steam allowing offline play, Steam games are also cheaper than console games.

Does anyone think that the advent of "PC style" restrictions on the Xbox One will also lead to "PC style" prices? No chance! You can bet that the latest games will still have RRPs of £40-50, regardless of any 24hour check-ins or re-sale restrictions that get added.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 19:43   #318
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Ok so ive been doing more reading on this 'Shared Libray' thing. I am a little confused and hope someone can clear this up. If i buy lets say COD and have it installed on my X1 and then 'Share' my account with lets say my dad. He can play the game without having brought it and i can play the game as well, is this correct? Also i read you can only 'Share' the game to one person and thats it never again, this correct?
Old 11-06-2013, 19:50   #319
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Ok so ive been doing more reading on this 'Shared Libray' thing. I am a little confused and hope someone can clear this up. If i buy lets say COD and have it installed on my X1 and then 'Share' my account with lets say my dad. He can play the game without having brought it and i can play the game as well, is this correct? Also i read you can only 'Share' the game to one person and thats it never again, this correct?
You can *give* a game to one person. That is a separate thing to sharing your library with your family.

How Games Licensing Works on Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbox.com
Share access to your games with everyone inside your home: Your friends and family, your guests and acquaintances get unlimited access to all of your games. Anyone can play your games on your console--regardless of whether you are logged in or their relationship to you.

Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.
Old 11-06-2013, 19:58   #320
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
You can *give* a game to one person. That is a separate thing to sharing your library with your family.

How Games Licensing Works on Xbox One
I still don't get it, do they think you're going to go out and buy half a dozen consoles for 1 house just so you can all play the one copy?

As it stands now I have one 360 and everyone can play it if they come round is that the same?
Old 11-06-2013, 20:17   #321
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Share access to your games with everyone inside your home: Your friends and family, your guests and acquaintances get unlimited access to all of your games. Anyone can play your games on your console--regardless of whether you are logged in or their relationship to you.
Just like you can now in really when anyone can use your console and games.

Quote:
Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.
That to me reads that i can share my copy of COD with my dad but not sureif i can still play COD at same time he is playing COD. Does that mean i can play COD but even thou its in my shared library he cant play it at same time but can play any other game?

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:13 ----------

Quote:
Give your games to friends: Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once.
The way i read this thou is i can buy COD on launch date install it to my XBox One and then a few hours later go round his house and give him the disk and keep the game. I also read it that he wont be able to use it from the cloud thou and will need the disk to play
Old 11-06-2013, 20:30   #322
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
As it stands now I have one 360 and everyone can play it if they come round is that the same?
Yes, as explained in the quote I posted:

Quote:
... plus you can also share your game library with your family, so they can play on your console or their own:

Quote:

Quote:
That to me reads that i can share my copy of COD with my dad but not sureif i can still play COD at same time he is playing COD. Does that mean i can play COD but even thou its in my shared library he cant play it at same time but can play any other game?
From the Xbox.com article:

Quote:
You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.
... I read that as any one (not "anyone") of the family members you have shared with can play any of your games at a given time. So yes, you'd both be able to play COD, from my understanding of it.

Quote:
The way i read this thou is i can buy COD on launch date install it to my XBox One and then a few hours later go round his house and give him the disk and keep the game. I also read it that he wont be able to use it from the cloud thou and will need the disk to play
No.

If you *give* a game to someone else, you lose your own access to it. You cannot install a game, give the disc to a friend, and keep playing the game yourself off the HDD.

It's the whole point of the 24hr check-ins: to ensure you're not trying to play something you no longer have the right to play.

If the disc you bought gets authenticated against someone else's account it would be de-authenticated from your account.

- Anyone can play any of your games on your console.

- You can share your library with up to 10 family members, who can play any of your games on their own consoles.

- You can *give* a game to someone else as a one-off transaction.

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

... We don't yet know how the "family" thing would work, but I'd assume there'd be some sort of "household" restriction for having "family" members on one account, otherwise people could just team up with up to 9 friends and share all their games with each other.
Old 11-06-2013, 20:36   #323
nstokes
Inactive

Hopefully more info will be given out about this soon. Its still all a bit vauge IMO and i think needs wording better
Old 11-06-2013, 20:46   #324
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Microsoft's entire Xbox One PR from the reveal onwards should have been worded better
Old 11-06-2013, 20:51   #325
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I think Microsoft out-source their decisions to an idiot in a box.

It's like the idea to have the tablet OS shared with the desktop OS rather than the mobile OS.

---------- Post added at 20:51 ---------- Previous post was at 20:49 ----------

Aghh I want to stay with Xbox. Why MS, WHYYYYYYYYYY
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 20:54   #326
Jameseh

Hopefully by next year MS will have realised no-one gives a flying fig about voice control or motion games and will sell the One without the Kinect for a lower price.
Old 11-06-2013, 22:11   #327
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

http://i.imgur.com/POEcZxw.jpg

Xbox 360 S compared to the newer Xbox 360.

I'm really struggling to find a point at all. No the newer console isn't huge, it's just the way the consoles were positioned but they're both similar in size. I just don't get it.
Old 11-06-2013, 22:12   #328
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

I was really hoping for the rumoured "Xbox Mini" that you could hook up to an Xbox One and use for BC
Old 11-06-2013, 22:55   #329
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

So in reality reading in to the sharing and secondhand game thing its really not as bad or restrictive as some people are making it out to be?

Also if reports are correct then the DRM thing isn't really a problem for most gamers as pre orders are way higher than expected. Seems just a minority or vocal gamers opposing the DRM.
Old 11-06-2013, 23:01   #330
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

MS have made all this far too complicated, i think there will be alot of loyal Xbox fans swapping to PS4 this time around.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote