Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 11-06-2010, 22:36   #316
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroki View Post
People where I live have went way over the top with the flags which is interesting in it's own way, shame that when you mention the flag to them in passing they always seem to come out with the same statement:- "I'm not racist but..."
It is sad that people have to assume that a question about them flying the Flag of St George is somehow racist when it is actually their countries flag, if I was a football fan i would have no qualms about flying the flag at all.

THey should be proud of their flag and should not feel the need to make excuses.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2010, 00:11   #317
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

I Love football. I love the world cup.

In particular I love watching Really good Brazilians (the subjects football, in case MLM happens on this thread)

I am Scottish, I have an English surname (very Yorkshire).

My Grandfather, who I was called after, was born in Philadelphia, USA.

I spent 2 years of my life in Tasmania, Australia.(mainly playing football), where my eldest sis still lives

I love Spain and although not fluent have a passable ability to converse to Spaniards in their native tongue. My 8 year old daughter attends Spanish lessons on a weekly basis and is passionate about all things Spanish.

My wife is passionate about all things Italian ( especially waiters)

After due consideration...I've decided who I'll support in this World Cup..

My decision is..... ABE
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:39   #318
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden aura

Good luck to all the teams..

And I'm rooting for Nigeria..
Old 12-06-2010, 12:23   #319
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Just ordered a Special Edition England Shirt With my surname and the number 1 on the back of it. The number by the way has some significance
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 14:02   #320
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
Just ordered a Special Edition England Shirt With my surname and the number 1 on the back of it. The number by the way has some significance
I have a number 2 on my shirt - but that's because of that damn cat
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2010, 11:58   #321
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I was sitting in front of my lappy adding £10 to my mobile phone, I just finished and was reading the receipt, when both my home & mobile phones rang.

It was an automated message from my credit card, checking against fraud.

Now that was a quick response, less than 30 seconds.

Well done Barclaycard

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2010, 22:24   #322
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Going away with my friend and our mate to her caravan in Yarmouth on Tuesday for a short break. Will do me good as I dont get to see them that often.
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2010, 22:31   #323
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
Going away with my friend and our mate to her caravan in Yarmouth on Tuesday for a short break. Will do me good as I dont get to see them that often.

Have some chips on the market for me (Dearnos)

I'm up there on the 3rd July

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Old 13-06-2010, 22:33   #324
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

I'm happy I'm not staying in a caravan
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 00:38   #325
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I was sitting in front of my lappy adding £10 to my mobile phone, I just finished and was reading the receipt, when both my home & mobile phones rang.

It was an automated message from my credit card, checking against fraud.

Now that was a quick response, less than 30 seconds.

Well done Barclaycard
Well the last time I got such a call from Barclaycard they had already blocked me from paying off my CC that month and as a consequence I had to pay extra the next pigging month.And yes I was trying to pay it off earlier than I needed to so I wouldn't be caught out by the three days to clear rule.

Well done indeed but I far rather they had done it with some other payment..
Old 15-06-2010, 16:52   #326
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I am going to see Forbidden Planet (and 4 lions) at the cinema tomorrow in an attempt to cheer myself up

While I am looking forward to seeing both I must admit I am more excited about seeing Forbidden Planet on the big screen than I thought I would be
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 21:35   #327
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Off to London next Monday afternoon for meetings on Tuesday and Wednesday.

The one on Wednesday is the annual Google CIO Summit, which finishes just before 3pm, followed by the England vs Slovenia match on TV with, and I quote, "a full bar service".
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 21:44   #328
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Northerners eh? They'll travel across the country for a free drink
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 21:46   #329
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Down, actually.....

<and it's drinks - lots and lots of them>
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2010, 17:28   #330
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

My 8,000th post