Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview
Register FAQ Community Calendar

B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

Old 09-04-2011, 22:23   #316
david s
Inactive

david s is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

If I knew anything at all about this stuff I might suggest that the basketball post might have been acting as some sort of antenna thus helping the dish out. Was the ring and net still on it?

And, perhaps the near 2 meter distance you have moved the dish is not eaqually divisible by the wavelength of the signal!!!

Dave.
david s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2011, 22:45   #317
MTJR
Inactive

MTJR is a jewel in the roughMTJR is a jewel in the roughMTJR is a jewel in the roughMTJR is a jewel in the roughMTJR is a jewel in the rough

If it wasn't for the fact that the thing kept falling over with a decent gust of wind I'd have left it on the basketball pole. Without the top net/backboard part on it made a perfect sat dish stand.

I wish I had the brain capacity to know more about this stuff.

John
MTJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2011, 22:01   #318
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

Just a quick heads up!
I noticed SD satellite kit reduced to 24pounds 98pence at B&Q.
No idea for how long the reduced price lasts.
Brian
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 07:51   #319
peterjohns
Inactive

peterjohns is an unknown quantity at this point
ross satelite will only pick up scrambled signal

Hi all, new to forum and have scanned posts, but can't seem to find anyone with similar problem. Have bought Ross sd satellite dish from B&Q, stuggled a while to set up - think I've aligned to correct sat cluster- though when scan for FTA's only pick up handfull of programmes. Changed scan mode to all and bam, all the channels were found ( talking BBC, ITV etc ) but they are all scrambled! Has anyone any advise?
peterjohns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 08:27   #320
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Welcome to the forum Peter. I have merged your query into our ongoing Ross thread which is being monitored by a number of knowledgeable people.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 08:32   #321
peterjohns
Inactive

Ta Chris, look forwardto ANY help!
Old 26-04-2011, 09:56   #322
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Sounds like you're only getting one sat in the cluster (you may need to fine tune the dish alignment).. How many TV channels are you getting when you do a full scan?
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 10:25   #323
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Maybe also worth asking - do you have a sat finder or are you wiggling the dish about by hand?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 16:29   #324
keithl
Inactive

keithl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone I'm new to this and I have a question on the above satelite kit.
Having set up the dish, when it came to setting up the receiver I only get the Ross logo and then the message No Programme. Also no response from the remote, no buttons seam to work with the receiver.
In the manual states No signal, but nothing about programme, could this be a software issue.

Please help
Keithl
keithl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 16:31   #325
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

If you can't get the menu up and running then you might have a faulty unit. No program might refer to the fact that there's no programs (channels) scanned into memory..
Old 26-04-2011, 17:16   #326
keithl
Inactive

keithl is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Kymmy, your correct. It appears this is because no programmes have been scanned as yet.
This may be a problem with the remote and receiver.
keithl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 18:54   #327
peterjohns
Inactive

Thanks guys,only got in this minute - Kymmy I'm picking up 146 channels on a full scan (all) and Chris- yep, using a sat finder - noticed that I'm picking up a lot of the sky channels and wondering if indeed I'm on the right group of sats? Still can't understand why all the normal ''freeview'' channels are scrambled though?
Old 03-05-2011, 13:13   #328
El En Bee
Inactive

El En Bee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks - when switching from terrestial tv to satellite (via the HDMI), within (usually) a few minutes the picture will go pink (most of the time only a few areas of the picture - sometimes all), the picture will then turn black and no audio. Within a minute or so the picture and sound are back and no further problems are experienced unless I change the input source to the tv then go back to the satellite!

Just recently a message also pops up stating that there isn't an input signal at the HDMI.

My tv is a Samsung 42" plasma and the satellite receiver is the HDR-6610 USB HD.

I've tried different cables and different HDMI ports but the problem remains. I've also tested the cables and ports with other equipment which work flawlessly.

I've not yet tried the scart option yet - but do you think the receiver's faulty - or is it merely a compatiblity issue with the tv?

I have to also mention that when the problem occurs when also recording - the playback of the recorded program is perfect so there's no problem with the reception!

Many thanks.
El En Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 13:57   #329
Kymmy
Inactive

Sounds like a fault with the blue component on the HDMI output.. If you've tested out the TV ports and cables with other equipment then it can only be the sat player. I'd suggest having it looked at under warranty..
Old 04-05-2011, 12:39   #330
El En Bee
Inactive

El En Bee is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that Kymmy - I've tested the scart output and that was fine so it's definitely the HDMI output at fault. However, since connecting the scart cable I no longer get the colour fault, but the loss of signal still occurs at some point. There are now two messages that appear - 'No Signal' and 'Mode Not Supported'. Could the problem be down to a faulty HDMI port?

What's the best way of getting this resolved? Going back to B&Q or contacting Ross direct?

Thanks once again.

El
El En Bee is offline   Reply With Quote